Michael O'Connor - Scunthorpe United

davenportram

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, weird - doesn't work if I try it again either, or just put the URL in the post! :rolleyes:

S****horpe United have rejected an undisclosed bid from Peterborough United for Northern Ireland midfielder Michael O'Connor.

The 23-year-old has one year remaining on his existing deal with the Iron.

"We received an offer on Monday. I took it to the board and we turned it down straight away," S****horpe manager Alan Knill told BBC Radio Humberside.

"[The offer] was way short of our evaluation. It was less than what we actually paid for him."

O'Connor joined S****horpe from Crewe Alexandra in July 2009 for a fee of £250,000 and has since made 71 appearances for the Lincolnshire club.

Posh's director of football Barry Fry said they had now turned their attention elsewhere.

He also told BBC Radio Humberside that Posh are giving a trial to former Iron midfielder Josh Wright.

"We've got Grant McCann and the boy [Josh] Wright playing with us out in Portugal at the minute so we love a S****horpe player, don't we?" he said.

The Iron have also lost out on the signing of former Bury loan striker Nicky Ajose who joined Peterborough on a four-year deal on Tuesday.

It's from the Beeb.

Yeah, weird - doesn't work if I try it again either, or just put the URL in the post! :rolleyes:

It's from the Beeb.

That was talking about a bid on Monday from a named club. Who's to say we didn't make a bid on Tuesday which was rejected this morning and we are the unnamed club.

Knill talks about Monday in the past tense, so chances are he'd know at that time if another bid had been received.

Wouldn't mind O'Connor though, decent player, although I suspect that we're pinning our hopes on Eustace.

But why would the other article not name Peterborough?

I think this is a case of the Beeb sources being better informed than the guy posting on the original link. The original one above was posted just before the Beeb article. Odd that if the original one wasn't the Peterboro' bid that they wouldn't mention it.

I think most plausible answer is that the rejected offer is the one from Peterboro'. :)

I think this is a case of the Beeb sources being better informed than the guy posting on the original link. The original one above was posted just before the Beeb article. Odd that if the original one wasn't the Peterboro' bid that they wouldn't mention it.

I think most plausible answer is that the rejected offer is the one from Peterboro'. :)

I know, just in one of those moods earlier.

I'm sure I read he is at the posh as well

Yeh he's on trial with P'boro. That's what made me raise it. I really rate him, so i thought someone would snap him up straigt away, rather than fiddle about with a trial.

Archived