Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Ah so you'll be following the Leicester ownership model? 5 games without a win and you'll sack the manager and buy another six players. Worked a charm for them the past couple of seasons...

Come to think of it, is that why Jenas has been brought in? Rumours are rife that SOD had nothing to do with it, are these rumours accurate?

Unfortunately that's the big fear 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> The Jenas loan is something which is being speculated on, but there's no facts to prove it either way at the mo.

It was a massively rushed job this year with all the fallout from the disaster that was last season. We've some great players who have mostly played well in parts, but that does not a great team make. The manager needs time to gel them, but may not get it if the owners just try to force things with cash.

We'll see, but the owners certainly don't look happy at the end of games which we don't win. Give Billy Davies this side and a few players of his choosing and, after a gelling period, we'd win the league. I don't want to see Disco go, but the owners don't seem the patient type.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having read most of the Forest fans' comments on here and on their forum, the key thing seems to be discipline and the referee, not the performance. Here's how I would judge both sides.

Forest:

Blackstock's elbow wasn't a red card, perhaps a yellow. However, I have no doubt he would have got sent off at some point for constantly harassing the referee and trying to get our players booked.

The same goes for Cox. His tackle on Brayford was at least a yellow. Add that to his yellow for impeding the keeper and that's another red right there.

As for Derby players, I do feel Buxton could quite easily have been sent off on another day. There was at least 5 bookable offences I saw in the first half so i think we got a bit lucky there. I'm glad he calmed down in the 2nd half though.

Finally, I don't think Roberts' tackle on Cohen was that bad, I'm not even sure it was a foul if I'm being honest. Bryson's high boot, however, was pretty dangerous and could have been a yellow card. Nothing more like some of the Forest fans are screaming for.

Unfortunately that's the big fear 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> The Jenas loan is something which is being speculated on, but there's no facts to prove it either way at the mo.

It was a massively rushed job this year with all the fallout from the disaster that was last season. We've some great players who have mostly played well in parts, but that does not a great team make. The manager needs time to gel them, but may not get it if the owners just try to force things with cash.

We'll see, but the owners certainly don't look happy at the end of games which we don't win. Give Billy Davies this side and a few players of his choosing and, after a gelling period, we'd win the league. I don't want to see Disco go, but the owners don't seem the patient type.

Come on Alf, I had you pegged as the level headed/realist type. The know Billy Davies would do what Billy davies always does and get the players Billy Davies wanted only for Billy Davies to realise the players Billy Davies wanted aren't as good as Billy Davies thought, therefore Billy Davies would p1ss & moan about the fact Billy Davies doesn't get the full backing from the board that Billy Davies deserves before either leaving or getting sacked and making out it wasn't Billy Davies' fault...

Come on Alf, I had you pegged as the level headed/realist type. The know Billy Davies would do what Billy davies always does and get the players Billy Davies wanted only for Billy Davies to realise the players Billy Davies wanted aren't as good as Billy Davies thought, therefore Billy Davies would p1ss & moan about the fact Billy Davies doesn't get the full backing from the board that Billy Davies deserves before either leaving or getting sacked and making out it wasn't Billy Davies' fault...

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Thing is, at Forest, he was right.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Thing is, at Forest, he was right.

If he'd got you promoted it would be the boards fault you didn't stay up

If you'd stayed up it'd be the boards fault you didn't make the top 10.

If you made the top 10 it'd be the boards fault you didn't get in Europe.

If Billy Davies got a job at Man City he'd ***** himself.

He's a fat *****. Decent manager. But a Cnut. Nothing is ever his fault.

Did the board fail to beat 10 man Swansea?

You're better off with SOD mate. Better football. Less manipulation. And he seems a nice bloke

A forest fan wrote this..

[size=3]Our midfield is arguably one of the best in this league, so don’t expect that drought in attacking opportunities to last much longer.[/size]

it is one of the worst I have seen so far this season, lacked pace, creativity, a grip on the game, spirit, battle, ability or anything really. I mean is he actually being serious, one of the best in the league... their two top creators are blackstock and cox for christ sake.

[url=http://www.eastwoodadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/tom-head-s-nottingham-forest-blog-forest-lacked-creativity-and-incisive-passing-against-derby-county-1-4981155]http://www.eastwoodadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/tom-head-s-nottingham-forest-blog-forest-lacked-creativity-and-incisive-passing-against-derby-county-1-4981155

here is the report, apparently the best two strikers in the league also.

******' jesus, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

[size=3]Our midfield is arguably one of the best in this league, so don’t expect that drought in attacking opportunities to last much longer.[/size]

it is one of the worst I have seen so far this season, lacked pace, creativity, a grip on the game, spirit, battle, ability or anything really. I mean is he actually being serious, one of the best in the league... their two top creators are blackstock and cox for christ sake.

[url=http://www.eastwoodadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/tom-head-s-nottingham-forest-blog-forest-lacked-creativity-and-incisive-passing-against-derby-county-1-4981155]http://www.eastwooda...ounty-1-4981155

******' jesus, 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Did newspaper actually publish that? What a load of BS.

If he'd got you promoted it would be the boards fault you didn't stay up

If you'd stayed up it'd be the boards fault you didn't make the top 10.

If you made the top 10 it'd be the boards fault you didn't get in Europe.

If Billy Davies got a job at Man City he'd ***** himself.

He's a fat *****. Decent manager. But a Cnut. Nothing is ever his fault.

Did the board fail to beat 10 man Swansea?

You're better off with SOD mate. Better football. Less manipulation. And he seems a nice bloke

I'm happy with SOD, but think Davies is the better manager. Cnut? Well according to some he is, personally I think he's criticized for doing things which we'd all do in the same situations. IMO his opinion was right with regards the Forest board too - our team punched well above it's weight and that was only highlighted further by the majority of the same players failing so miserably under 2 other managers.

The thing I miss the most is the team spirit and obvious unity & togetherness. It's very early days for Disco so that may come with time, but when Davies arrived at Forest he brought McKenna in and it seemed to develop in the squad almost overnight.

Like I say, and it's only my opinion, but this team with a few additions and that spirit/organization/grit/confidence would hammer this league IMO.

Anti football in a Derby v Forest game?

They are usually so free flowing and barely a tough tackle, play acting or referee manipulation involved.

You guys on LTLF, it's either sour grapes or you're thick.

We've played good football in all our games. Our worst footballing performance was perhaps the opening day!!! Our best? Wolves. Watch that.

I accept you've played decent stuff. So I'm not calling you anti-football for yesterday's 5 passes along the back 4..... Hoof.

It was a derby. I don't know why, they're always nervous games. Probably because they are derbies played in the second tier of English football!!!

When Dave (red) said "Can we expect a free flowing game from both teams" I said then "no chance"

We'll probably both play decent football on Wednesday too

[url=http://www.eastwoodadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/tom-head-s-nottingham-forest-blog-forest-lacked-creativity-and-incisive-passing-against-derby-county-1-4981155]http://www.eastwooda...ounty-1-4981155

Whatever accident he was in to cause his leg injury must've given him a proper whack in the head as the guys clearly delusional.

The arrogance of these Red cnuts is staggering. If you're so good and so entitled to be playing in the Premier League why aren't you there??!?!?!?!??!?!?!!

It's like the t1t from the other day saying last season's 1-2 with ten men doesn't count as their team was ****. Now considering you're, supposedly, playing like Barcelona this season, does yesterday count???

T0ssers...

Whatever accident he was in to cause his leg injury must've given him a proper whack in the head as the guys clearly delusional.

The arrogance of these Red cnuts is staggering. If you're so good and so entitled to be playing in the Premier League why aren't you there??!?!?!?!??!?!?!!

It's like the t1t from the other day saying last season's 1-2 with ten men doesn't count as their team was ****. Now considering you're, supposedly, playing like Barcelona this season, does yesterday count???

T0ssers...

Oh I thought they were claiming to be better than Barcelona. Swear they said Gwaaaaaaardeeeeauroroaaaa was the best midfielder EVER, and Cocks is 90 goal a season striker isn't he?

This has to be the worst referee I have seen for a long time. He did not take control in the first half when two or three Sheep players should have been booked and then Reidy was booked for a pretty inoccuous tackle. He missed Cox's stamp (luckily could easily have been a red), Roberts assault on Cohen was disgraceful and should have been a red. He then saw red and sent off Blackstock for accidentally chinning Keough, even Keogh said afterwards that he didn't think it was deliberate. The final ignomy was the bookings of Cox and Lansbury, for what, they stood five yards in front of Feilding, not facing him or attempting to impede him, just waving their arms about and get booked for it, in my opinion they actually did not commit any offence. I would admit that after Cox got booked then Lansbury was a bit daft for doing the same thing. Madley was totally out of his depth, but you also have to ask why the football league put such a young inexperienced ref in charge of what was always going to be a high octane game. Rant over.

This has to be the worst referee I have seen for a long time. He did not take control in the first half when two or three Sheep players should have been booked and then Reidy was booked for a pretty inoccuous tackle. He missed Cox's stamp (luckily could easily have been a red), Roberts assault on Cohen was disgraceful and should have been a red. He then saw red and sent off Blackstock for accidentally chinning Keough, even Keogh said afterwards that he didn't think it was deliberate. The final ignomy was the bookings of Cox and Lansbury, for what, they stood five yards in front of Feilding, not facing him or attempting to impede him, just waving their arms about and get booked for it, in my opinion they actually did not commit any offence. I would admit that after Cox got booked then Lansbury was a bit daft for doing the same thing. Madley was totally out of his depth, but you also have to ask why the football league put such a young inexperienced ref in charge of what was always going to be a high octane game. Rant over.

Roberts' tackle may have been strong but he played the ball unlike Pie Boy & Cox. Speaking of Cox, he obviously has a chip on his shoulder because, as mentioned to Dawny earlier, 5 bookings in a little over 8 games for a striker is terrible...

Regarding the referee......

He was definitely guilty of "reffereeing the occasion not the match".

It is ridiculous to "let fouls go" early on.....it doesn't matter when a foul is commited, in the first 2 seconds or the last 2 seconds, a foul is a foul is a booking whenever it happens.

Cox was VERY lucky to stay on the pitch, terrible challenge on Brayford, a real nasty piece of work I think that one....maybe him and halford should concentrate more on playing football and less on their perfect hair, lovely tattoos and Danny Zucci style sleeves (******).

Roberts tackle on Cohen wasn't even a fould, great full blooded challenge.

Buxton did 5 or 6 tackles that were worthy of a booking, and I think that cummulatively he was lucky to be on the pitch at half time.

Blackstock, never a red card, never ever, but if he hadn't spent 40 mnutes of the first half moaning to the ref, maybe he wouldn't have known he was even on the pitch.

I thought the ref never looked like he was going to lose control of the game, so fair play to him.

Oh, and looking in the papers this morning, it still says 0-1......

Having read most of the Forest fans' comments on here and on their forum, the key thing seems to be discipline and the referee, not the performance. Here's how I would judge both sides.

Forest:

Blackstock's elbow wasn't a red card, perhaps a yellow. However, I have no doubt he would have got sent off at some point for constantly harassing the referee and trying to get our players booked.

The same goes for Cox. His tackle on Brayford was at least a yellow. Add that to his yellow for impeding the keeper and that's another red right there.

As for Derby players, I do feel Buxton could quite easily have been sent off on another day. There was at least 5 bookable offences I saw in the first half so i think we got a bit lucky there. I'm glad he calmed down in the 2nd half though.

Finally, I don't think Roberts' tackle on Cohen was that bad, I'm not even sure it was a foul if I'm being honest. Bryson's high boot, however, was pretty dangerous and could have been a yellow card. Nothing more like some of the Forest fans are screaming for.

Would not disagree

However If the ref had got the card out a little earlier I think the game would had settled down much sooner.

I really want to see 11 v 11 for a whole game. ( Is it possible )

Once roberts got booked I thought SOD would have put Coppengier or Lansbury wide to put him under a bit of pressure much earlier in the game. But as Cohen was playing well i suppose he left it.

Would not disagree

However If the ref had got the card out a little earlier I think the game would had settled down much sooner.

I really want to see 11 v 11 for a whole game. ( Is it possible )

Once roberts got booked I thought SOD would have put Coppengier or Lansbury wide to put him under a bit of pressure much earlier in the game. But as Cohen was playing well i suppose he left it.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Archived