Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

This Forest revival lasted even less time than the one under Billy.

17th and sliding again.

Same every year - questionable signings, followed by endless diatribes of bullsh1t, ended by a humiliating defeat at home, and the inevitable mad scramble of scummers looking for the nearest rock to hide back under.

Wins like this wouldn't seem half as sweet if it weren't for ***** in red.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quality debate on LTLF, in which our very own Red Dawn is involved in....

"Derby are to be honest almost an anti-football side; in matches against us, all your team has done is kick, foul, cheat, dive, play-act and waste time, contrary to the both the laws of the game (if we ever had a Referee who understood them) and certainly the spirit of it.

I'm old enough to remember when games between the two were played by two sides who wanted to win a game of football, not by one side who simply wanted to stop the other team playing by pushing the boundaries of what is allowed under the rules.

You look like a Neil Warnock side, you are that distasteful.

As for your pitiful crack about Cotterill, well yes, and he isn't here any more is he?"

idiots like this deserve a trip back to League One 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Right, I've been carefully getting views of Forest fans since I come back from the game elated with our one nil victory against a rival, not a game that would be remembered if it wasn't a local Derby but some comments from the Forest fans (again, not on here) have slightly annoyed me and have got under my skin.

1) 'Forest tried to play football Derby was just hoofing it' that was absolutely ********, there was one team in that game tactically trying to get the beating of the defence by balls over the top and that was Forest, did their midfield get the ball in the second half? Seemed to be passed around the back four and then diagonally hit towards the strikers/attacking wingers... Our best players today were the centre halves on the basis they had to deal with a lot in the air and won it every time. I thought Forest lack of change nor creativity through the middle was poor. I thought the only time their was a bit of football to be played is when Forest went down to 10 men and we grew a few hairs on our chest and got the ball on the floor and passed it around and one of them movements lead to our goal, Will Hughes moving centrally also helped a lot. Other than that that it was very much in the air, forest did very little especially in midfield to prove they play football, their defence can pass sideways and camp can knock a ball from inside his own half but that is all I learned.

2) 'Derby were dirty' we've got two full blooded centre halves who would throw themselves at a brick and a striker who will throw his body into the mix but apart from that we are very lightweight in fact this is one of my biggest gripes usually, today we had a couple of lads playing with their heart on their sleeve which usually can be found hiding from situations, great to see.

Forest weren't undone by Clough genius, if anything I thought we didn't dare play to our game plan in certain times of the game, it took them losing a man before we had 20 minutes of us playing football - I thought forest were beaten today by their own game plan and that alone, they played right into the hands of Keogh and Buxton who were magnificent today but their manager set them up to play in a way that would suit us and it did and we won, he has no excuses, forest had the players better suited to today, the more calm and experienced who followed a game plan that simply didn't work, whereas I think we didn't follow our game plan, played on basic natural instincts and won, a similar performance at Middlesbrough is not what I want, a bit if belief that we can go anywhere and play our usual style would be nice, moving Hughes in the middle certainly helped that, no-one cooler on the ball on that pitch today... But overall we panicked at times and just seemed to play a lot more on edge and panicked that I'm used too.

We won and that is the most important thing!

Birtles,

Why are we Derby "fans"? What's with the '"fans"'

What is it you don't like? That we won and are ripping you for it? Yes? Read the thread me duck. We were relegation fodder 4 weeks ago. You were playing the best football you've ever played. Read it through. Go on.

Yeah, see you in January. Vanish like you all did last year.

Dirty Direby in demise nailed on for relegation have beaten Nottingham Forest free flowing footballers with the best midfielder in the division.

Derby won ( But would not have if Blackstock had stayed on the pitch )

But Derby did not impress

Forest will get better & better

Derby ?

You think Forest played well?? If that was your on the deck football.....

We've played good football this year. Neither side did today.

I don't see how you've drawn a conclusion on Derby. We won.

Derby won ( But would not have if Blackstock had stayed on the pitch )

But Derby did not impress

Forest will get better &amp; better

Derby ?

Blackstock did absolutely nothing but moan when he was on the pitch, was dire... By all accounts, we had a young team that played reactive rather than proactive football, your team with all the experience just played very badly and to a game plan that didn't work, forest could of played 15 men to that system and for 180 minutes and still not scored.

Derby have a team that need experience and confidence and that will naturally progress... Your players lacked the heart we showed, the manager lacked the leadership to change a flawed system he set up with and your players carried on blindly playing balls that just kept coming back to them!

A quality debate on LTLF, in which our very own Red Dawn is involved in....

"Derby are to be honest almost an anti-football side; in matches against us, all your team has done is kick, foul, cheat, dive, play-act and waste time, contrary to the both the laws of the game (if we ever had a Referee who understood them) and certainly the spirit of it.

I'm old enough to remember when games between the two were played by two sides who wanted to win a game of football, not by one side who simply wanted to stop the other team playing by pushing the boundaries of what is allowed under the rules.

You look like a Neil Warnock side, you are that distasteful.

As for your pitiful crack about Cotterill, well yes, and he isn't here any more is he?"

idiots like this deserve a trip back to League One 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I believe that response was to me on there, it's pointless to argue the point that the only time they've seen Derby is in poor rivalry games between both sides in recent times, so their view on Derby isn't going to be one of our general play etc, as I suspect they'd just say ********, you're cheats etc.

Hence my lack of reply to those folk 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Off to bed. But is this right.

Derby play decent football. Struggle to create away from home. 8pts

Forest play decent football. Hit a stumbling block. 10pts

Derby v Forest.. No decent football except in rare spells. Derby win.

Derby 11pts

Forest 10pts

Derby, ***** hoofball side

Forest, growing football side

I know what we're good at and what we're rubbish at. But this proposed conclusion I'm getting from our neighbours doesn't make sense.

LTLF is still hilarious.

'Dirty Derby'

Where was Guediorsbfisqdbwiekla today again? Suspended.

Will Blackstock start in midweek? Suspended.

We have the second least amount of cards in the league?

We both played as dirty as each other today. It was a classic local derby match.

Your were dirty

Another ref would have sent at least one of your off

Archived