Danny Blanchett

David

Didnt look out of place v Macclesfield which means either he's ok-ish or our reserves are sh1te...............

or both.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes managers take a dislinking although he has produced good players in the past I am sure he has made the odd mistake and this one could be one of them. No transfer fee and no over inflated wages what do we lose. We need another left back and he could cover for RB if push comes to shove if we do not get cover in.

Moxey was more than good enough and nothing I've seen from "experienced Championship left-back" Roberts has convinced me that Moxey wasn't the better player. Palace got a top left-back for £400,000 and I still rate that as one of Clough's biggest mistakes.

If he does the same with Blanchett then he's got to look at his recruitment policy

Funny how opinions differ mine is polar opposite I felt continually frustrated by Moxey and believe that Roberts will prove to be the better player.

Time will tell.

Funny how opinions differ mine is polar opposite I felt continually frustrated by Moxey and believe that Roberts will prove to be the better player.

Time will tell.

I have to say his first few games it looked liked he would progress nicely looked solid and was happy to move up. However the quicker and stronger players got the measure of him. His problem was the ability to collect yellow and the odd red cards.

Roberts last year struggled new club after being at Doncaster for so long and picked up niggling injuries. He needs to make a gd start to this season. This for me is a new season and whoever plays has a clean slate for me and it is up to them to prove their worth at Derby

Moxey was a bit raw in year 1, good in year 2 - won a few MoM awards; Roberts is just rubbish .......

Blanchett could be an interesing signing.....

If George Burley had signed him we might be talking about yet another shrewd Burley signing on a freebie.

Obviously he's not yet been tested but has done enough to get a 1 year contract.

Moxey was a bit raw in year 1, good in year 2 - won a few MoM awards; Roberts is just rubbish .......

Blanchett could be an interesing signing.....

If George Burley had signed him we might be talking about yet another shrewd Burley signing on a freebie.

Obviously he's not yet been tested but has done enough to get a 1 year contract.

I thought Roberts did look a paper weight disaster at first but his performances toward the end were steady enough. He is just a roar defender though never going to be the best passer of a ball.

Time will tell.

Best thing Moxey did here was the last thing he did in a Derby shirt.

Think there is a real shortage of quality LBs in the game at the moment. We're not the only team looking for one and a lot of teams have had to use left midfielders as cover there. F*rest had Konchesky last season who is considered 'Premiership quality', he was nothing special.

Think there is a real shortage of quality LBs in the game at the moment. We're not the only team looking for one and a lot of teams have had to use left midfielders as cover there. F*rest had Konchesky last season who is considered 'Premiership quality', he was nothing special.

I am in no doubt there are a few gems down there but as a full back it is hard to get noticed, players seemed to get picked on how good they're going forward and then get criticised for their defensive incapabilities.

As a full back it should be your defensive capabilities that come first, there really isn't anyone that sticks in the mind from watching Derby, the last full back I watched and really rated apart from being in the premiership was Adam Drury at Norwich, and that was years back now.

Archived