Danny Blanchett

David

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was he released or did he get offered a contract and turn it down?

I expect this, there has been championship interest in him before so I doubt crewe thought he wasn't worth a contract especially as he was a regular in the side as well, seems like he is impressing although I would let him work right up until the villa game and see how he does, there is no point rushing him a contract.

Lets be honest if he isn't good enough then he wont be offered anything, if he is good enough, he'll get a contract.

It's a perk of having a player train with you for pre-season, I'm not worried either way.

Ben Pringle wasnt good enough but he got offered a contract.

Yes, majority of Crewe fans seem surprised he was. Don't believe he's Championship level yet but I thought Exeter fans said the same about Moxey

and what happened to moxey? clough got annoyed with him and others for not being good enough and sold him off.

Ben Pringle wasnt good enough but he got offered a contract.

wasn't as bad as people make out, never got a run in the first team either.

he captained the reserve side to 2 league titles (didn't he?) won young player of the year in his first year and wasn't on a large contract, I think he did alright, certainly a lot better than I ever expected and i'm pretty sure you'll hear his name a lot next season in league two, think he'll star.

and what happened to moxey? clough got annoyed with him and others for not being good enough and sold him off.

Moxey was more than good enough and nothing I've seen from "experienced Championship left-back" Roberts has convinced me that Moxey wasn't the better player. Palace got a top left-back for £400,000 and I still rate that as one of Clough's biggest mistakes.

If he does the same with Blanchett then he's got to look at his recruitment policy

James Bailey

John Brayford

David Platt

Rob Hulse

Danny Murphy

Dean Ashton

Seth lad

Geoff Thomas

Stan Bowles

Rob Jones

Neil Lennon

Efe Sodje

Robbie Savage:eek:

and probably more.................

Think all of these were sold as opposed to released, which I think is the point being made.

Moxey was more than good enough and nothing I've seen from "experienced Championship left-back" Roberts has convinced me that Moxey wasn't the better player. Palace got a top left-back for £400,000 and I still rate that as one of Clough's biggest mistakes.

If he does the same with Blanchett then he's got to look at his recruitment policy

nope, I don't buy that at all. Moxey was certainly an irratic player and had his good moments but he had a lot of bad ones, an awful lot of bad ones. I don't think Roberts is the answer either, without sounding like a forest fan, we need a left back.. :D

I am not saying he wasn't good enough, he was poor first season for me, improved in the second, but clough still got annoyed with him and cywka saying they made the same mistakes, he has shipped moxey out now and i am suggesting it could be a cycle if not careful.

I am pretty certain that he was not offered a contract ...

Basically, he did not come thru their Academy, and therefore parts of his game were not what the club expected.

Saw him away at Southend last season, and he put in one 'crushing' challenge, and then won a second tackle from the loose-ball. He continued down the wing right up to the Southend goal-line, and the fans around me loved it, BUT as he made his way back in front of the Manager it looked as tho' he got a right 'ear-bashing'.

He was 'good' when I saw him, but other Crewe fans have said that his f0orm dipped later in the season - partly due to the fact that he knew that he wasn't going to be offered a new contract at the end-of-the-season.

Liverpool had him on trial a few years ago, so they must have seen something in him. He is probably worth a gamble, as (left)back-up if nothing else.

Archived