Danny Blanchett

Day

Well if you want to replace Dave Mackay then you have to break the British transfer record.

There is a fantastic interview with Cloughie - stood next to Colin Todd who he's just signed for a record fee. He says something about...well he's got to get in the team first - because he's not as good as Dave,

Classic Cloughie,

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well if you want to replace Dave Mackay then you have to break the British transfer record. The rest cost modest fees.

Yes....Nigel has done a bit....but he needs to have the courage of his convictions...and he needs to make these players feel six feet tall.....Brian picked Steve Powell at 16....makes you think about O'Brien and Hendrick ?

How many 16 year olds can go straight into the first team these days though?

The closest players I can think of to that are Jonjo Shelvey and Dale Jennings. One went straight to Liverpool, the other Bayern Munich.

You can make them feel huge by picking them, but if they aren't ready and they get destroyed infront of 30,000........can't be good for them.

There is a fantastic interview with Cloughie - stood next to Colin Todd who he's just signed for a record fee. He says something about...well he's got to get in the team first - because he's not as good as Dave,

Classic Cloughie,

Now that's a good little story :D We don't have enough character in managers anymore.

Shame. Stories like that are great.

How many 16 year olds can go straight into the first team these days though?

The closest players I can think of to that are Jonjo Shelvey and Dale Jennings. One went straight to Liverpool, the other Bayern Munich.

You can make them feel huge by picking them, but if they aren't ready and they get destroyed infront of 30,000........can't be good for them.

The point I'm making is O'Brien and Hendrick are 19. We shouldn't fear playing them if they are good. We shouldn't necessarily try to sign veterens instead. Play them.

O'Brien looks like he might be ready to me. The fans dont usually destroy youngsters.

Anyway.....thats me done for tonight......Willie Carlin, Colin Todd, aaagh fantastic

I suspect if it hadn't been for his heart trouble and his injury last season, we'd have already seen O'brien. He looks brilliant.

But aye, that'll do for me too tonight I think. Drink and films are needed.

The point I'm making is O'Brien and Hendrick are 19. We shouldn't fear playing them if they are good. We shouldn't necessarily try to sign veterens instead. Play them.

O'Brien looks like he might be ready to me. The fans dont usually destroy youngsters.

Anyway.....thats me done for tonight......Willie Carlin, Colin Todd, aaagh fantastic

Could be why the younger ones have been in the squads for the so-called first team friendlies.

That was 4 pages ago Boycie, everything on this thread since then has been about [sIZE=6]who else is going to play at fullback instead[/sIZE], so off topic.

Where's a mod when you need one....:rolleyes:

Yes, but arh! you answered your own question,

Instead of who? why wasn't he coming?

take d'shame. I know I'm right this time Hartley;)

Archived