England U21 v Czech

Luke

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really, they were in a much easier group.

Did the Germans. Italians, Dutch and The French not want to participate?.. Belarus may have had an easier group, but we were playing Ukraine and The Czechs, hardly powerhouses in football.. Spain battered us, I dread for this countries future..

Our country just doesn't produce creativity.. We can produce good defenders, though they still get taken apart by teams with decent movement. Gazza and Rooney are anomalies.. We seem so set on bringing players up thats prepared for PL football that they play the PL way.. The PL lacks any sort of creativity.. Henderson and Carroll (combined $55mill) are work horses that would be laughed at in Spain or Germany.

I watched Spain and other than Thiago, Bojan and Mata I've barely seen the others play more than 5 times.. Javier Martinez in CM is 22 and played every bit as good as Xabi Alonso has done.. He must be worth $30mill at least if Henderson is worth $20mill. It seems natural for them to play this way, they're literally set up for the next 15 years..

I think English teams need to do what the Germans have done.. Sacrifice the CL and the PL style to try and develop a new style that helps produce better creative players.. Until we do this we'll never win a trophy again.

Did the Germans. Italians, Dutch and The French not want to participate?.. Belarus may have had an easier group, but we were playing Ukraine and The Czechs, hardly powerhouses in football.. Spain battered us, I dread for this countries future..

Our country just doesn't produce creativity.. We can produce good defenders, though they still get taken apart by teams with decent movement. Gazza and Rooney are anomalies.. We seem so set on bringing players up thats prepared for PL football that they play the PL way.. The PL lacks any sort of creativity.. Henderson and Carroll (combined $55mill) are work horses that would be laughed at in Spain or Germany.

I watched Spain and other than Thiago, Bojan and Mata I've barely seen the others play more than 5 times.. Javier Martinez in CM is 22 and played every bit as good as Xabi Alonso has done.. He must be worth $30mill at least if Henderson is worth $20mill. It seems natural for them to play this way, they're literally set up for the next 15 years..

I think English teams need to do what the Germans have done.. Sacrifice the CL and the PL style to try and develop a new style that helps produce better creative players.. Until we do this we'll never win a trophy again.

Agree.

Or the age old argument...we need to limit the number of foreigners playing in our top teams

Agree.

Or the age old argument...we need to limit the number of foreigners playing in our top teams

No we don't.

We need to teach football properly and reduce the amount of money in the game - literally force clubs to grow their own.

Spain don't limit the amount of foreigners in La Liga as such, they just teach their kids to play good football.

No we don't.

We need to teach football properly and reduce the amount of money in the game - literally force clubs to grow their own.

Spain don't limit the amount of foreigners in La Liga as such, they just teach their kids to play good football.

Sorry, I said that a bit matter-of-factly. That's my opinion, of couse.

No we don't.

But our good home grown players have ridiculous price tags put on their heads, go to a big club and have their careers ruined as they sit on a bench watching cheaper foreign imports playing in their place.

No we don't.

It's teams like Stoke, Wolves, Bolton, Blackburn, Newcastle, Everton, Sunderland and the likes that have ruined English football.. They set their teams up to kick lumps out of the other teams.. Teams don't dare do what Arsene Wenger has been trying to do because as proven it doesn't win.. That's why Man Utd and Chelsea are happy to play the way they do as they win trophies in England yet get shown up for what they are in Europe (very limited)..

How can teams possibly try and change the way they play when what they have works in England. Manchester United will never change from their style as it's dominated The PL for years and that's what the most important thing is to them.. They will go backwards first if they try and play the Spanish way and that's too much of a risk for them.

Spain have had their way, passing along the floor, working the spaces, the possession game for years.. It's only now that it's finally paying on for them..

Germany as an FA has worked amazingly well with their clubs.. They've all had a total revamp, sacrificing The CL in order to change their style.. They gone from a conservative style to an all out counter attacking unit that's brilliant.. It's taken them 10 years out of the spotlight to do it (Bayern Munich, Leverkusen and Dortmund) haven't done much at all in CL football but watch them go next year.. They'll take over the Italian league in popularity next season and outperform them in The CL.

England will never do that because of the money involved and how popular the 'rush football' is in The UK.. And do you honestly think SAF, Mancini, Abromovic etc.. care how the English national team performs? We're honestly fecked for the next god knows how many years..

The talented English players cost more due to the regulations coming in about home grown players in your squad selection. Why do you think clubs drove the prices up? Cause they know teams like Liverpool need the best to compete for trophies.

Sometimes the long ball works, as long as it gets goals i really don't care.

I found it unbelievable last night.. czech republic brought it back to 1-1 and we needed a goal to qualify. We was passing it around the back line. Why?

Fair enough play football but preferably at the other side of the pitch!!!

Stuart Pearce hasnt got a clue. Good player, **** manager.

Why did he get the right to get that job after achieving literally nothing as a manager. Anyone who says the job isn't important is deluded in my opinion.

Look where teams like Germany have progressed from using under 21 players.

Archived