Bambang

Stimacked

Anyone remember him. A couple of years back there was a rumour we were after him,

Derby are reportedly interested in signing Persija Jakarta's forward Bambang Pamungkas

http://www.eyefootball.com/news/4572/Derby-want-Indonesian-star?/

Think the whole thing was made up, but it has to go down as one of the best rumours of players linked with summer moves to Derby.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He mentioned the word Derby on his Blog once referring to the big derby match he was to play that weekend. From what I recall it seemed as they read the word Derby on there and not understanding any Indonesian just jumped to the conclusion he was coming to us. Not sure if that's true, it was a while ago.

Yeah... In indonesia!

The two problems if it was a real link were always that:

A) The Indonesian league is rubbish! Think lower League Two upper Conference level

B) He's used to a completely different climate

Though I have to give it to them that Indonesia sides are near impossible to beat in Indonesia. I remember watching Sydney FC against Persik Kidiri years back. Looks draining as hell! The pitch was like a damp sponge, it was 32°C+ (90°F+) and about 100% humidity. They postponed the match from the night before since the pitch was a foot under water the night before. Actually, this match:

me7i3fn7TuU

Remember Przemyslaw Kazmierczak? That was a good name to have on a shirt!

Shame he never took off. I learned how to pronounce his name, ready for the chanting "there's only one Przemyslaw Kazmierczak". That was a waste of time.

Archived