Shearer!!!

Fowkesy

Didn't know whether to put this in the jokes section but.........from Sky Sports

Alan Shearer has emerged as the new favourite to be Cardiff's next manageras the Welsh club look to appoint a successor to Dave Jones this week.

Online bookmaker Sky Bet saw some significant backing for the England legend to land the job on Tuesday, consequently cutting his odds from 3/1 to 4/7.

Malchy Mackay was the previous favourite for the post but Watford have denied any approach for their manager despite the Bluebirds revealing they have already held talks with candidates.

Mackay has now been pushed out to 5/4 for the post, while Mark Robins (7/1), Lee Clark (8/1), Mark Hughes (9/1) and Chris Hughton (10/1) have also been linked.

Sky Bet's Tim Clement said: "With Cardiff revealing they are already talking to candidates and Watford denying any contact over Mackay, our market has tilted in the favour of Shearer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just look at Villa, they've had about 5 odds-on managers now.

Still surprised to see David Moyes high on the list, I don't know why he'd leave Everton for Villa. For me he's in the top 3 candidates for the Man Utd job (along with Jose and MO'N).

Just look at Villa, they've had about 5 odds-on managers now.

Still surprised to see David Moyes high on the list, I don't know why he'd leave Everton for Villa. For me he's in the top 3 candidates for the Man Utd job (along with Jose and MO'N).

O'Neil...!!! why would he be anywhere near a job at the biggest football club in the world...?

Think Cardiff had a lucky escape.

I can't see how you can say that, Shearer is well respected with numerous contacts, and I'm confident he would do a decent job.

I'll concede they've had a lucky escape if Shearer would have brought in Iain Dowie as assistant (him or Dean Holdsworth).

I can't see how you can say that, Shearer is well respected with numerous contacts, and I'm confident he would do a decent job.

I'll concede they've had a lucky escape if Shearer would have brought in Iain Dowie as assistant (him or Dean Holdsworth).

Well respected as a player and by misguided Geordies.I think he'll be one of those great players who will be a useless manager,he just doesn't seem to have anything going for him managerially.I can't see him being very motivational. I wouldn't want him at Derby even in place of the one we've got.......On second thoughts perhaps he should have gone to Cardiff:p

Archived