Roberto Martinez

Fowkesy

Isnt every League predictable?

La Liga more so than the EPL, wasnt the difference between 1st & 20th in the EPL the same as the difference between 1st & 5th in La Liga?

The difference between 1st and 2nd.. La Liga (4 points) PL (9 points)

The differene between 4th and 5th.. La Liga (4 points) PL (6 points)

The difference between 17th and 18th... La Liga (1 point) PL (1 point)

The difference between 18th and 10th top half... La Liga (4 points) PL (8 points)

The number of points for the 18th placed relegated team.. La Liga (43 points) PL (39 points)

The number of teams that still weren't mathematically safe on the last day of the season.. La Liga (8 teams) PL (5 teams)

La Liga is incredibly unpredictable outside of the top 2 who are by far and away the best teams in the world.. The PL is ridiculously predictable that you can also pick the top 2 (the same for the last 7 years).. and the rest follow suit.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The difference between 1st and 2nd.. La Liga (4 points) PL (9 points)

The differene between 4th and 5th.. La Liga (4 points) PL (6 points)

The difference between 17th and 18th... La Liga (1 point) PL (1 point)

The difference between 18th and 10th top half... La Liga (4 points) PL (8 points)

The number of points for the 18th placed relegated team.. La Liga (43 points) PL (39 points)

The number of teams that still weren't mathematically safe on the last day of the season.. La Liga (8 teams) PL (5 teams)

La Liga is incredibly unpredictable outside of the top 2 who are by far and away the best teams in the world.. The PL is ridiculously predictable that you can also pick the top 2 (the same for the last 7 years).. and the rest follow suit.

You can produce stats to back up anything you want to, I could probably do a very similar list right now that would "show" the opposite. Opinion is all that matters really, and I find La Liga very very boring.

You can produce stats to back up anything you want to, I could probably do a very similar list right now that would "show" the opposite. Opinion is all that matters really, and I find La Liga very very boring.

Was only providing proof to show that in every available position of significance the gap was closer in La Liga, surely proving that the season just gone La Liga was for more unpredictable and tense..

The PL on a whole was one of the most disappointing bore fests of the past decade..

But your opinion that La Liga is very boring is your opinion mate, I'm not trying to change your opinion nor criticise you.. I was merely pointing out that facts shown prove that La Liga was more unpredictable than The PL the past season.

Was only providing proof to show that in every available position of significance the gap was closer in La Liga, surely proving that the season just gone La Liga was for more unpredictable and tense..

The PL on a whole was one of the most disappointing bore fests of the past decade..

But your opinion that La Liga is very boring is your opinion mate, I'm not trying to change your opinion nor criticise you.. I was merely pointing out that facts shown prove that La Liga was more unpredictable than The PL the past season.

I'm with you on this Bris, but aren't those the wrong figures to show? Edin's criticising the predictability, not the closeness...

Really?! We obviously watch different people.

You think Arsene Wenger has better English than Roberto Martinez? Arsene Wenger pauses before each sentence and he uses the same words over and over again, like it's some sort of script.. He never goes into depth with what he's talking about, it's like a tape recording.. Mental strength, Qualities, I didn't see it.. When faced with a difficult question he just replies, 'I don't know'

I'm not saying it's terrible, but for more than 14 years in England it's not IMO as good as it should be.. Robero Martinez on the other hand is one of the best foreign English speakers I've ever heard, comes accross as such an intelligent guy.

I'm with you on this Bris, but aren't those the wrong figures to show? Edin's criticising the predictability, not the closeness...

Maybe I worded it wrong, but surely if before the season you were to say.. Man Utd for the league, Citeh for top 4, Brum for the drop and the points shown prove that it wasn't even close, ie. it wasn't competitive and it was predictable..

I don't know, but for me personally I had more pleasure in watching La Liga this season, though the relegation fight in The PL was good to watch, the best it's been in years..

Hopefully next year Man Utd are given a better challenge but I can't see it.

I don't watch too much foreign football but its always struck me the competition is greater abroad, and good competition makes exciting football. I'm bored stiffless by the EPL and I think it was a triumph for football that United got humiliated by Barcelona to show the comparative strengths at the top of the 2 biggest leagues in Europe. Apart from the very last set of matches it was pure tedium.

You think Arsene Wenger has better English than Roberto Martinez? Arsene Wenger pauses before each sentence and he uses the same words over and over again, like it's some sort of script.. He never goes into depth with what he's talking about, it's like a tape recording.. Mental strength, Qualities, I didn't see it.. When faced with a difficult question he just replies, 'I don't know'

I'm not saying it's terrible, but for more than 14 years in England it's not IMO as good as it should be.. Robero Martinez on the other hand is one of the best foreign English speakers I've ever heard, comes accross as such an intelligent guy.

He's more animated, and Wenger is more reserved...I don't think English comes in to it. As it goes, they're both absolutely word perfect, and personally I wouldn't say one was better than the other. But there you go.

Archived