Steve Davies to Millwall?

CapeTownRams

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't sell him unless we got a ridiculous offer for him (say like a million) which I doubt we will! I think he could be a dark horse next season, give him a full pre season and hopefully an injury free run into the new season and he could be a regular name on the team sheet, not to mention the score sheet.

I still really rate him, think he is a very gifted player, plauged with injuries.. would be disappointed to see him go, would of been disappointed if we didn't offer him a new deal. I think like Commons was this, he has the potential to be a central figure next season!

I wouldn't sell him unless we got a ridiculous offer for him (say like a million) which I doubt we will! I think he could be a dark horse next season, give him a full pre season and hopefully an injury free run into the new season and he could be a regular name on the team sheet, not to mention the score sheet.

I still really rate him, think he is a very gifted player, plauged with injuries.. would be disappointed to see him go, would of been disappointed if we didn't offer him a new deal. I think like Commons was this, he has the potential to be a central figure next season!

Where would you play him, as the target man centre-forward?

Where would you play him, as the target man centre-forward?

Coming towards the end of last season, that seemed to be where Clough was playing him.. he was half fit and playing in a new position and still showed class, he has always been a strong capable player and good quality on the ball. I genuinely think if we can get the training right for him, along with full fitness he will be able to have the same impact on games as Hulse did in a Derby shirt.

Although saying that he came in as an attacking left sided player, could equally play there.. but I still genuinely believe with the right training..etc he could be a very good centre forward.

Coming towards the end of last season, that seemed to be where Clough was playing him.. he was half fit and playing in a new position and still showed class, he has always been a strong capable player and good quality on the ball. I genuinely think if we can get the training right for him, along with full fitness he will be able to have the same impact on games as Hulse did in a Derby shirt.

Although saying that he came in as an attacking left sided player, could equally play there.. but I still genuinely believe with the right training..etc he could be a very good centre forward.

Get a decent striker in, stop try to sign the donkey Tyson and play Davies down the left. Sorted.

Spot on Ambitious.

I seem to remember clough saying he could put him almost in any postion and he wouldn't look out of place, and there was talk of him playing CM when clough first arrived, or have I imagined that?

It would be hard to deny Davies has class, his goal Vs Millwall in the cup 18 or so months ago and his performance vs man utd in the cup jump to mind which showed he has great ability, its just these niggling injuries.

personally i think he has been VERY unlucky and we may see a different Steve Davies next season but only time will tell.

I also remember someone who knew his family saying he was a decent bloke so I hope he stays and can do well next year.

Amazing that after 3 years at the club, we still dont know his best position or still know if he can cut it at this level, yet we can base an opinion on a new signing / target within 10 seconds !

He still rents his house, which is probably not unusal for a footballer and from the couple of times he has been in our pub does seem an ok kind of guy, but I would not keep him on the back of this, but if he proves he can cut it next season its a bonus.

Like I said my main opinion is of the skill I have seen him produce, the Millwall goal was class and I'm sure I remember him skinning a Man Utd defender at OT before smashing it against the post (may have been PP though) if my memory serves me right. His record this season isn't too shabby either considering the lay off he had and the state of the team when he returned. His character is just an added bonus which makes me want him to do well (kinda like the Clough factor)

I think with a good preseason (no injuries this time please) he could be a very good striker at this level, may even suprise a few and reach for top scorer this year (seeing as all of last season top scorers have cleared out he has a decent shout)

It will be very interesting to see how he does, I'd say I'm hopeful more than anything at the moment.

Like I said my main opinion is of the skill I have seen him produce, the Millwall goal was class and I'm sure I remember him skinning a Man Utd defender at OT before smashing it against the post (may have been PP though) if my memory serves me right. His record this season isn't too shabby either considering the lay off he had and the state of the team when he returned. His character is just an added bonus which makes me want him to do well (kinda like the Clough factor)

I think with a good preseason (no injuries this time please) he could be a very good striker at this level, may even suprise a few and reach for top scorer this year (seeing as all of last season top scorers have cleared out he has a decent shout)

It will be very interesting to see how he does, I'd say I'm hopeful more than anything at the moment.

that would have been Rafael! The next 'best' full back in the premier league and was getting destroyed, get 6 months no injuries from Davies and we will see this form consistantly!

If he stays fit I really do like the guy- not sure he is an out and out striker though. I would keep him unless we get a decent (800k or more) offer for him which is unlikely at this time due to his injury record. Occasionally he looks like a world beater, showing genuine skill and ability but he's only worth keeping if he gets a decent run in the side without breaking down.

If he stays fit I really do like the guy- not sure he is an out and out striker though. I would keep him unless we get a decent (800k or more) offer for him which is unlikely at this time due to his injury record. Occasionally he looks like a world beater, showing genuine skill and ability but he's only worth keeping if he gets a decent run in the side without breaking down.

During preseason last year, before he got crocked, it looked to me like he was being played as an AM. I thought he was alright there - a lot better than he looked playing as an out and out striker.

During preseason last year, before he got crocked, it looked to me like he was being played as an AM. I thought he was alright there - a lot better than he looked playing as an out and out striker.

Thats where i would play him too. He is capable of scoring goals but he is wasted up front as his approach play and pace are useful for bringing other players into the game.

Archived