Liverpool after Henderson

Mary Hindge

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's actually around £18 minus N'Gog who is valued at £7mil (which is arguably more ridiculous), so £12 before add ons it seems. All done bar personal terms now.

£12 seems a decent fee, I'd lend Glick a tenner and if he can scrape £3 together we could outbid them.

Henderson - £20m

Carroll - £30m

Bloody heck, no wonder people buy obscure foreigners.

I'd take that. Then send a scout to Morocco with £20m to spend. He'd come back with about 30 players, a couple of Adel Taraabts and about £15m change.

£50+ million for two English players. Think i'd rather nip across to Barcelona's famous academy with £50m and try my luck there. Infact, i'd rather go and buy some of the talent currently proving a handful in Europe. Hulk from Porto will be a start. Then i'd nip and get that Hoarau, Giuly and Bodmer from PSG. Might even have some cash left to put towards Lisandro Lopez. I could do all that without even going far in Europe.

I know it's all about the player being a "promising youngster"..... but i'd have to say for £20/30m i'd rather go and gamble on Yoann Gourcuff. Infact, i'd buy Joe Cole and have £14m change.

Football is crazy. How can Henderson/Carroll now be worth as much as Van Nistlerooy was approx 5 or so years ago?? Cuckoo.

Henderson - £20m

Carroll - £30m

Bloody heck, no wonder people buy obscure foreigners.

I'd take that. Then send a scout to Morocco with £20m to spend. He'd come back with about 30 players, a couple of Adel Taraabts and about £15m change.

£50+ million for two English players. Think i'd rather nip across to Barcelona's famous academy with £50m and try my luck there. Infact, i'd rather go and buy some of the talent currently proving a handful in Europe. Hulk from Porto will be a start. Then i'd nip and get that Hoarau, Giuly and Bodmer from PSG. Might even have some cash left to put towards Lisandro Lopez. I could do all that without even going far in Europe.

I know it's all about the player being a "promising youngster"..... but i'd have to say for £20/30m i'd rather go and gamble on Yoann Gourcuff. Infact, i'd buy Joe Cole and have £14m change.

Football is crazy. How can Henderson/Carroll now be worth as much as Van Nistlerooy was approx 5 or so years ago?? Cuckoo.

Post of the week.

You're missing the point.. It's not $20mill for his ability now, it's $20mill for his ability now and for the rest of his career (ie. another 15 years).. That basically works out at $1.2mill a year.. Now if Liverpool make the top 4 they'll make an extra $20mill a season through TV deals, Sponsorship etc.. Henderson is now starting to look like a bagain (if he's top 4 material, who knows under Kenny Dalglish Kuyt turned prolific and Lucas turned into the next Xabi Alonso)

Buying Henderson for $20mill is a lesser risk than buying a foreigner for $10mill as he (the foreigner) might not fit in with the ugly PL style of play, he might not adapt to the language/surroundings, he might not like the English winter, should he struggle he might not have a very good sell-on value (Aquilani).. At least with English clubs and English players theres also one stupid enough to splash out uneccissarily should he be a flop..

After all this though, $20mill, you're havin a laugh.:rofl:. He might be a good PL player, but he'll be shown up on The European stage should they get there.. He lacks technical ability.

Looks a pretty good player. Not sure if he's worth £20m but then again I'm not sure Torres is worth £50m, Carroll worth £35m or whether Seth Johnson was worth £7m!!! The Ngog trade off seems to make sense from a Liverpool perspective - although if they want someone extremely fast who tries hard, they could always have a word with young Theo.

Could be a pretty solid midfield if they get Ashley Young.

You're missing the point.. It's not $20mill for his ability now, it's $20mill for his ability now and for the rest of his career (ie. another 15 years).. That basically works out at $1.2mill a year.. Now if Liverpool make the top 4 they'll make an extra $20mill a season through TV deals, Sponsorship etc.. Henderson is now starting to look like a bagain (if he's top 4 material, who knows under Kenny Dalglish Kuyt turned prolific and Lucas turned into the next Xabi Alonso)

Buying Henderson for $20mill is a lesser risk than buying a foreigner for $10mill as he (the foreigner) might not fit in with the ugly PL style of play, he might not adapt to the language/surroundings, he might not like the English winter, should he struggle he might not have a very good sell-on value (Aquilani).. At least with English clubs and English players theres also one stupid enough to splash out uneccissarily should he be a flop..

After all this though, $20mill, you're havin a laugh.:rofl:. He might be a good PL player, but he'll be shown up on The European stage should they get there.. He lacks technical ability.

How often do players stay for 15 years? You can't possibly put a value on that. At the very most you can put that £20mil and spread it over his contract term. So if he has signed for 4 years that £5mil a year. Still a crazy amount

According to The Telegraph they're going for Downing followed by Connor Wickham (now the quoted £12m for him is REEEEEALLY laughable). Looks like King Kenny & Commoli are aiming to do what Commoli did at Spurs and pool a lot of promising UK talent...

Liverpool are spending a lot more money on the promising UK talent though. I still find it ridiculous the ammount they spent on Carroll. Thats a total of £55million for two players that are a long way from being world class. You consider united are rumoured to be offering £30million for Modric/Sneijder two players who are proven at the highest level.

Archived