Championship signings

sage

Looks like Craig Mackail Smith is going to sign for brighton!

Cant really understand that if he does go to them, they accepted bids from West Ham and Leicester.

I think he's slightly over rated any way, wouldnt pay more than 1.5 million for him.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, Leicester are looking very strong.

Brighton signing CMS makes them more of an interesting propostion as well. Although they may not be right up the top, they'll be competitive.

How exactly are leicester looking very strong? They've lost a lot of players when their loans expired last season, and they've signed a league 1 fullback, a centre half from a relegated team, a midfielder from a nearly relegated team, a goalkeeper that leeds seem happy to be rid of and some random South Korean. Oh, and they've just missed out on one of their key signings. When he signed for Brighton. If that was our transfer dealings for the summer, this board would be on full scale suicide watch.

How exactly are leicester looking very strong? They've lost a lot of players when their loans expired last season, and they've signed a league 1 fullback, a centre half from a relegated team, a midfielder from a nearly relegated team, a goalkeeper that leeds seem happy to be rid of and some random South Korean. Oh, and they've just missed out on one of their key signings. When he signed for Brighton. If that was our transfer dealings for the summer, this board would be on full scale suicide watch.

How are they strong? Neil Danns is one of the best centre midfielders in the league and St Ledger is an international centre back - that makes a pretty strong spine in an already strong squad. Although we got Shackell, people on here would be wetting themselves with excitement if we'd have got Danns and St Ledger.

Along with players like Oakley, King and Vassell and others, as well as having a board who are clearly willing to invest and spend up to £3m on a player (e.g. CMS) this makes them a pretty strong proposition. I fully expect them to make some more good signings and be in for the best loan players available as well.

Oh and most bookies have them as second favourites, but what do they know eh?!

Any reid is a good signing in my opinion; not a bad option to have coming off the bench and as we all know, we need experienced players to add to such a young squad.

Thought forest were being more frugal?Surely the cost of him being air lifted off the bench every game by helicopter is gonna work out dearer?You also need to think of crowd safety...if he goes on one of his elephant runs down the line,nicking pies out the hands of confused children(who are made to be there)i can see it ending in tears....food for thought thats all...erm,i mean colossal amounts of saturated fats for reid.

Leicester may fall into the trap of players being there just for the money. Rumours are they are offering Matt Mills 30k a week & Andy Johnson 40k.

And Nugent would have been on a fair bit at Pompey, so he wouldnt have taken much of a cut to join Leicester. Could be a difficult job for Sven

What have you all seen in Waghorn that I haven't..

Seriously, why are we after him?!

I haven't seen him that often but when I have he has really impressed, his finishing last season (leicester play off season) was exceptional, along with a good touch, strength and fight.

He is comparable to Billy Sharp, I'm pretty sure he could do an equally impressive job given the time to grow and reach potential! Just save him from his Sven-Hell and lets see him, a lot of times last season (mainly at the start) I thought we needed someone just to spear head that attack, put the ball in the net from anywhere in that 18 yard box, think he has it.

Although I base a lot of this opinion on probably 6/7 viewings of him, but in that time he scored some really good goals, a couple of them came from seemingly impossible angles, and we all know when a 1million pound striker budget the only way to go is to find a striker with the potential to hit that amount of goals! to buy a proven striker in this league is at least 3million (seemingly) and as year on year proves, the same people are rarely up there again!

Archived