Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Lou Pole

hi all, long time follower of the forum here, heard the other night at party from someone who once worked for the club (head of media) that derby have offered gio van bronckhorst a player-coach role at the club for next season, bringing him out of retirement

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't see it being true but I would have a little fondle with myself in excitement if it was.

There is a tiny TINY bit of me that thinks well Metgod was at the world cup, perhaps called on a favour.. we're looking for leaders and a left back, why not go for the world cup finalist captain and left back.

Certainly would increase the numbers of neck strains in hospitals that day, as word gets around about it.

There is a tiny TINY bit of me that thinks well Metgod was at the world cup, perhaps called on a favour.. we're looking for leaders and a left back, why not go for the world cup finalist captain and left back.

Certainly would increase the numbers of neck strains in hospitals that day, as word gets around about it.

36 or not, we would be getting a class act and a new coach. Nothing bad could come of that.

I was thinking along the same lines with the Metgod connection. Would love it if it happened but at the same time its just a outrageous rumour at the moment.

This could be fantastic - I've just told the missus and couldn't stop jibbering like an idiot. Then I stopped and thought to myself ... WUM :rolleyes:

I've just got all excited too. Was going on at the missus about signing him and Kuqi. Got all happy and talking about promotion.

Then she says "Yeah, maybe that fella who captained in a World Cup finals can provide some good crosses for Kuqi.......... and Owen. :rolleyes:"

Women. They say you can't live without 'em?

Knowing our luck he will be the **** signing like Edgar Davids for Palace.

No thanks. There are a lot of better options for left-back position. Move on.

spot on, we're had our "experienced" players come in and what have they done?, the last success we had was Stefano, move on, the players now at the end of their careers are too rich to care, the likes of Eranio, McGrath or Mackay are hard to come by nowadays, i'd just look for a solid player who has proven division experience, would be a lot cheaper too.

Archived