Addison

The Ram

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard the same but it has been on the card's for a while. He doesn't really "fit" anywhere in the first 11 and I think he would be left to stagnate here, Stoke have a history of signing players with a big physical presence and developing them, I think it will be a good move for Miles and I wish him well. But I hope we actually get a decent fee for one of our better acadamy prospects this time.

The rumour originates from the DerbyMad message board, form a poster that claims to work for Stoke City's academy team. Make of it what you will....

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=181&fid=16&act=1&mid=2117403671

If I was the manager I'd try to keep him a the club but I am not so it is up to Nigel Clough to decide and I will back him either way. We can't really miss Addison as he hardly played last year through injury but when fit he is a great player to have in our team. It's all about decisions...

For me anything over £1,000,000 upfront and £500,000 add ons with a sell on clause then Stoke can have him.

Wouldn't be happy to see him go. Has looked very good in the past, had an unfortunate injurey that he was effecting him and still looked capable when played. We have now fixed the injury properly, paid his wages and helped his recovery- he is just coming back to fitness. With a good preseason I think he could force his way into the team or at the very least be good back up- it would be madness to let him go now after carrying him all last season- just like Barnes! He won't be on much money so low wage impact for us, also he wouldn't fetch big bids as he has been out injured for so long. He had a "poor season" last season, wonder why that was? Maybe it was the major surgery he came back early from, ya think?

I thought he was supposed to be fit last season, now because he was rubbish,he was suddenly unfit.

Not playing well enough was what he was IMHO>

He was clearly unfit. Just played the odd game. He needs a full pre-season, then a run of friendlies.

I thought he was supposed to be fit last season, now because he was rubbish,he was suddenly unfit.

Not playing well enough was what he was IMHO>

Don't think he was ever "supposed to be fit", where did you read that? It was a shock he recovered quickly but nobody ever said he was close to being fully fit. Every time he played he looked out of breath after 10 minutes.

Clough said before his operation that he will be a write off for this season and needs to concentrate on the next one. They could have tried quick fixes to the problem but being as he was young and had so much of his career ahead of him they wanted to get it fixed permanently. I hope he doesn't go because I think he has a lot to offer when given the chance to rehabilitate properly without people judging him when not even half fit and doing his best to help out an injury ravaged squad.

I have changed my view of last season, we did very well considering, because none of the players played badly, it was simply because they where unfit, and where only playing to help the club out :rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D

I have changed my view of last season, we did very well considering, because none of the players played badly, it was simply because they where unfit, and where only playing to help the club out :rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D

I don't think addison was supposed to be fully fit on the few occasions when he played and that was clear from his performances.

Part of me feels he may never be the same again. He was hardly fleet of foot in the first place.

Without trying to be picky, but 'where' is a place for something or a location, as in "Where do you live?". 'Were' on the other hand is the past tense for 'be', 'is', 'are' etc, as in "Because they were unfit", which is a word that you're meaning to use. ;)

:eek:

Without trying to be picky, but 'where' is a place for something or a location, as in "Where do you live?". 'Were' on the other hand is the past tense for 'be', 'is', 'are' etc, as in "Because they were unfit", which is a word that you're meaning to use. ;)
So what exactly were you trying to be , obnoxious maybe .

Not every player was recovering from a broken foot though were they.

Players like Stephen Pearson were just suffering from being crap.

I can't understand some fans. When he first came on the scene so many were talking him up as a brilliant defensive midfielder. He also got a call up to the England U21 squad - that's the same team that people use as a reason why Fielding is so great. Now, after a season where he wasn't expected to kick the ball in anger at all, he's not worth trying to hang on to. We should cash in for a £1m? Why so quick to build them up and knock them down?

I think Addison will come back to his best next season (as long as Nigel can make up his mind where he wants him to play).

I look forward to the next close season when where talking about selling Fielding and Brayford if they're out through injury.

Archived