James Vaughan - 19th May 2011 - Daily Mail

trekkie_ram

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where do Ward, Bryson, Rooney(Adam), Sammon, and Fielding fit into that limitation?

Note we have only signed two of those.

Doesn't change the fact that my comment was merely a jibe of what anti-Clough state.

I'd like James Vaughan here, think he has a lot to offer in this division.. He is built to be a complete striker, good all round player.. tall, quick, strong, agile but he doesn't seem to score enough goals, I think that could change give a full season.

i agree he should be great but i cant help feel a little underwhelmed by this....maybe i just havent seen him play enough....if he signs i will cheer him on but would rather we got someone else in really

as I've said before James Vaughan is one of the signings that pays dividends, and a year on other teams are standing around thinking why didn't we make this signing, for example Whittingham, Boothroyd, Ebanks-Blake, Kevin Phillips..etc so on and so forth, bring him in for a million a player who was talked about in the highest catagory as a kid and let him realise his potential, he looks like an all round player, set up a few this season as well as score, put the 3 lads in behind him who we have and we're a serious attacking threat!

2.5 million is an outrageous price to pay, what's he actually done in his career so far? His goal scoring record is poor, just cos he's got a bit of pace people start w*nking over him. Injury prone and everything to prove, good luck Norwich.

looks like a panic buy already, worth nothing like that. I'm quite glad he's gone elsewhere, he didn't want to come back to Derby when he had the chance and I've not seen anything of him to make me think he's great. Certainly not worth £2.5m I wouldn't have thought.

2.5 million is an outrageous price to pay, what's he actually done in his career so far? His goal scoring record is poor, just cos he's got a bit of pace people start w*nking over him. Injury prone and everything to prove, good luck Norwich.

When I heard the news yes I may have been having a play but I can assure you it was more to do with te .

Vaughan clearly has potential, but 2.5m seems too much IMO. He scored 9 goals this season and Simeon Jackson scored 3 hat-tricks I think. Although Vaughan will more likley score more at Norwich than at Palace he is not an established premiership player.

Archived