Adam Rooney - Inverness Caley Thistle

Chris Peduck

[iNDENT]

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have confirmed that striker Adam Rooney is in talks with a number of English clubs.

The 23-year-old is a free agent and Inverness are hoping he will agree to stay for at least another 12 months in the Highlands.

Inverness are now waiting to see whether the former Stoke man will agree to move back to England or not.

"Adam is talking to clubs down south, but he has made it clear that if he can't agree anything then he would be quite keen to come back and sign for us," said Inverness assistant manager Maurice Malpas.

"Adam is looking for certain things, not financially, but professionally, from these clubs, so we are leaving the door open for him if nothing happens in England.

"It's within his rights to speak to clubs, but Adam has been very professional by keeping us informed of what's happening.

"I don't know who he has spoken to or anything like that, but I would imagine it would be clubs in the Championship or at the top end of League One.

"From our perspective, however, the good thing is that he hasn't blown us out the water."

[/iNDENT]

Signing for us then :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/england/2011/06/29/inverness-ace-adam-rooney-set-for-crawley-town-switch-86908-23234704/

Surely not?

I didn't realise how good he was, or appears to be.

6ft 2in, at a good age, and 47 goals in 83 appearances over the past two seasons.

I'd be surprised to see him end up at lower than Championship level.

Good old Daily record.....Where shall I move too, Derby? No. Birmingham? No..hmm Crawley? Yes please!

That just stuns me. although if Crawley are as rich as i keep hearing they could be playing in the championship sooner rather than later and this is surely an indication of their intent. seems odd for a player who refused his contract because he wanted to try himself at a harder level would go to Crawley cos he's mates with the coach.

I think he would have been a pretty decent signing from what i've seen of him but if we get Waghorn i'll not be bothered.

That just stuns me. although if Crawley are as rich as i keep hearing they could be playing in the championship sooner rather than later and this is surely an indication of their intent. seems odd for a player who refused his contract because he wanted to try himself at a harder level would go to Crawley cos he's mates with the coach.

I think he would have been a pretty decent signing from what i've seen of him but if we get Waghorn i'll not be bothered.

He'll have to get a massive signing on bonus and low wages if he moves to Crawley. League 2 have a 55% of turnover wage cap, can't see Crawley having massive revenue streams.

He'll have to get a massive signing on bonus and low wages if he moves to Crawley. League 2 have a 55% of turnover wage cap, can't see Crawley having massive revenue streams.

And it's a s*it hole. Maybe he was dazzled by the bright lights of Derby and Brum and wanted to feel more at home?

Archived