Craig Bryson - Kilmarnock - Signed

davenportram

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well as that is probbly the case then yiou have a good point but i still should think we should get our proven championship players in and then buy the gambles who may/may not work, that is simply my opinion.

Then what would have been the reaction from you if we had put the Scottish guys on the back burner while we signed a few Championship players. In the meantime, Leicester snap them up and they are a real success. Would you be berating Clough because he fiddled around instead of snapping them up?

Isn't that what we are doing in respect of signing proven know players by looking at Eustace, Shackell and signing Ward and Fielding. Theres four names of the top of my head

The other thing is this in the list there are three captains within their respective clubs, so this is the leaders. The problem with targetting them is that they are captains for a reason and clubs do not want them to leave so it does take time.

Isn't that what we are doing in respect of signing proven know players by looking at Eustace, Shackell and signing Ward and Fielding. Theres four names of the top of my head

The other thing is this in the list there are three captains within their respective clubs, so this is the leaders. The problem with targetting them is that they are captains for a reason and clubs do not want them to leave so it does take time.

sorry but ward and fielding aren't proven players.

Ward was going well until Blackwell fell out with him and when Adams came in the club knew the writing on the cards about funds and this was why he was pushed out. Fielding is a proven U21 international and has been picked as one of the over age players to go to the tournament. He has always had good reviews and blackburn fans can not understand why they sold him so cheap to us.

They may not have had 100's of games at this level but they HAVE shown they can cut it at this level, much like Brayford and Bailey who have had a very tough season to cut their teeth on and use as experience. Don't just at number of games the person has played to say whether they are proven a Proven player is one that can actually make a difference at this level. When we signed KFC he was not proven at this level he had potential and look at him.

Players can make short term impacts though, that doesn't mean they are good solid players at this level. Ward has been here before and done ok but fielding is very inexperienced, bywater was the next big thing once. A young keeper who hasnt played that many games isn't proven. The lad at watford loach came in and was fantastic but as with many young keepers he has lost his form and the fans aren't impressed

Why when people dont think that every signing is amazing is that wrong. They are good signings but maybe some of us don't think that just these two are going to transform us from a bottom of the table team to a top one. For me fielding is slightly better than bywater but we will see over a seaon how good he is, mind you bywater was 2nd in the player of the year last seaon and ward seems to have that spark is he better than commons really?

fielding

brayford

roberts (at the mo)

bailey

barker

shackell

eustace

davies b / green

maguire

waghorn

ward

deeney

addison

robinson

cywka

davies s

riggott

bryson?

where does bryson fit in?

Why when people dont think that every signing is amazing is that wrong. They are good signings but maybe some of us don't think that just these two are going to transform us from a bottom of the table team to a top one. For me fielding is slightly better than bywater but we will see over a seaon how good he is, mind you bywater was 2nd in the player of the year last seaon and ward seems to have that spark is he better than commons really?

I don't think it's too crazy for you to put it like that. Slightly deflates my happiness with these transfers.........

.....But if you think that Commons was always going to go and compare to the initial replacement (B.Davies)** then Ward is a great signing. Be interesting to see what he can do over a full season, But I really like the guy and his work ethic. Not many other players available to us for that sort of money with Pace, Graft and Goals.

Also, Bywater is dead to us now. Was a good keeper but makes too many mistakes. His distribution is woeful now too. So he too HAS to be replaced. For £400k (approx.) who else could we get to be inbetween the sticks with such promise, as well as being young enough to help mold him into an (hopefully) even better keeper. Think Fielding will learn a lot this season, But he has what it takes to be a bloody good keeper. His ability looks likely to rise as Bywaters drops.

Both VERY VERY good signings for their fee IMO.......No doubt about it

** Maybe a bit harsh on B.Davies by judging him too early in a Rams shirt?!

Maybe it's called having a squad. It's not just 11 players that play all seaon.

oh right......not just 11 players....gosh......not just 11 players......

i'll try and remember that. :)

Ward wasn't the replacement for Commons, we didn't want to sell Commons remember? Davies was the replacement after he had jumped ship and he didn't have too much of a good start! Ward looks to be a very decent player for the fee but shouldn't be compared to Commo because they are completely different players, both in style and position

I'm alright with these Scottish players. At least they seem pretty well thought of in Scotland. We're not just grabbing a Celtic reject because he plays for a "big club in Europe so he must be OK". There seems to be genuine enthusiasm about these lads.

We're asking them to become Championship players for next season. We're not asking them to take our hands and drag us screaming into the PL. Think fans are right to expect big signings, but i think a few are looking for world beaters. But anyway, each to their own.

The one i really, really want is Eustace. Give our midfield some bite.

My only concern about our signings so far is not 'who they are' but rather 'what they are'.

Say,

Ward

Robinson

Bryson

McGuire

Waghorn

Tyson.

I like depth...... but those all seem pretty similar as far asi can tell. Fast, energetic but not overly physical. Hard working, but not giving us the best chance to get 20 goals off one of them.

Individualy, i'm happy with all except Tyson. Collectively..... well, i hope there are as many players again coming in to add some bite, composure and goals.

Archived