4 More bids made

ramexpat

Think Ward is capable of creating something out of nothing and so is Cywka.

I agree they aren't as good as an on form Commons or Bueno, but they will work alot harder and not get cold. Add more to the team i think.

Like i said before, don't think this team is about individuals.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm afraid 4-2-3-1 is useless without players like Commons and Bueno.

I think Clough sees Waghorn as similar to Ward. With those two playing wide we can play a high line because they will work hard. It'll probably be Green or Pearson in the most forward of the centre three midfielders.

Perhaps (i hope) it will be a mix and match of two from Ward, Waghorn, Cywka and Bueno for the wide positions. Add a little more cover/quality in the middle of the park and a striker of genuine ability and we might be getting there. The key will be that CF; Emmanuel-Thomas would be nice.

Oh for f**k sake!!! Eustace I can understand because he's had a decent season (although everyone who says he's too similar to Bailey is right) but Waghorn, why??? I trust Sven's player judgement more than I do Nigel's and if he doesn't think he's good enough then why does Nigel...

I strongly disagree when it comes to this level football, I'd take Cloughs judgement over Svens every day of the week! Sven has had money that he has pilled on premiership outcasts, Waghorn is simply lost under new management and from what Leicester fans say he hasn't given him a chance.. they all rate him highly, some more than others obviously.

Pearson spent big on him, must see something special in the boy.

TBF i wasn't keen on Waghorn.

But he is only 21.

And i think a few of Leicester's players have struggled with all of these loan signings. Players who were hero's in the Play Off season are now available for loans and sale. Highly rated players for the future are now warming the bench while Chelsea's and Man City's highly rated players for the future get a game.

I don't think Sven really cares about his long term impact. He's just interested in the short term cash pumping East Midlands Galatico way forward. It's his way of getting a bigger job offer.

Wouldn't envy who has to pick up the pieces. But if we can benefit from some of the players they leave behind then i'm happy. Waghorn may look much more settled here.

I'm afraid 4-2-3-1 is useless without players like Commons and Bueno.

Depends which Commons and Bueno turn up on the day. Some games they ran the show others they were a liability. I suspect Clough's going for more reliable but less talented players and he will be judged on that next season.

Personally, like you, I am slightly underwhelmed by some of the names being bandied about but I'm prepared to wait 'til they've completed their signings and they've played together a bit before judging them.

I dont think we will play 4231 next season, otherwise I think he would have played it in teh last few games when we were safe, he went for a 433

I don't think it is all that different TBH. I think it is almost the same formation but when you have attacking midfielders (Commons/Bueno) it gets refered to as 4-2-3-1 but when you have wide forwards (Waghorn/Ward) it is called 4-3-3.

I see it more as a Spanish/Portuguese 433 or a French/Dutch 433. I think the latter is a quicker game played more on the counter and the former a more patient possession style.

If these targets are genuine and sign on we're only adding depth to the squad as they're no better than what we've already got...

It's also easy to say Nigel's going for workers/team players instead of individual flair players but bar Norwich all the top six players have stand out creative players who've made a big contribution whether it's been goals or assists throughout the season. I'm all for tryers (except Pearson of course) but to strive for the top 6 we need players who can add a little sparkle and turn a game on their own.

I like to see us buying players who are going to be a saleable asset to the club. Ward is only 25 and we have taken a player (relatively on the cheap) and already added value to him. Waghorn is seen as a player with genuine promise and is only 21. He has just found some top earning big budget players between him and his first team.

I think the biggest problem for a club arises when they pay the big money for players towards the end of their carrers who become a burden that cannot be moved on if things don't work out.

If these targets are genuine and sign on we're only adding depth to the squad as they're no better than what we've already got...

It's also easy to say Nigel's going for workers/team players instead of individual flair players but bar Norwich all the top six players have stand out creative players who've made a big contribution whether it's been goals or assists throughout the season. I'm all for tryers (except Pearson of course) but to strive for the top 6 we need players who can add a little sparkle and turn a game on their own.

I agree, I do think the players we are being linked with do offer a slight improvement on what we have though. You can only have and only need 1 or 2 flair players in a side- hopefully they are on the radar too

is it me or could this savage replacement be

lee johnson from bristol city?

hope we get waghorn and keep cywka too

my side for next season

fielding

brayford barker ayala (again) jones

eustace bailey

cywka ward waghorn

howard? (back from fester?)

Chris Jones? It will be awhile before he's playing:p

I agree, I do think the players we are being linked with do offer a slight improvement on what we have though. You can only have and only need 1 or 2 flair players in a side- hopefully they are on the radar too

Eustace, Ward, Jones, Fielding and Waghorn are certainly not what I would call 'slight' improvement.

There is no point in having flair players we found that out this year, when things going well we were 4th.. they shut down for christmas and left a handful of consistant players to pick up the pieces, which they counldn't.

Oh for f**k sake!!! Eustace I can understand because he's had a decent season (although everyone who says he's too similar to Bailey is right) but Waghorn, why??? I trust Sven's player judgement more than I do Nigel's and if he doesn't think he's good enough then why does Nigel...

If Sven can get a marquee signing he will, he doesn't care about the youth coming through the ranks. He is employed to get promotion, he is funded to get promotion. He'll bring in whoever he can.

Players like Waghorn suffer because of that.

In saying that, remember Waghorn knocking the ball out of Brayfords hands before the throw in at PP?

Was he time wasting, or was he flirting with his future club?

Think he might have made it harder for himself to settle.

We won't be playing with the formation we did early last season (4-2-3-1). I reckon we'll be seeing something like this (Same as the way we set out against QPR):

-------------Fielding

-Brayford--Barker-Ayala/Other?-Roberts/Other?

-----Eustace-Bailey-New

Tyson-------------------Ward

------------New

In this formation I can't see where Waghorn would fit in cause we clearly need a 'proper number 9' leading the line like Danny Graham for example.

Also, we definitely need an attack minded central midfielder to recieve the ball from Eustace and Bailey and drive us forward and create things.

We won't be playing with the formation we did early last season (4-2-3-1). I reckon we'll be seeing something like this (Same as the way we set out against QPR):

-------------Fielding

-----Eustace-Bailey-New

------------New

tyson can go to hell if he comes im giving my season ticket back id rather see pearson (yes pearo) playing there instead

think id like to see ferrie bodde in the midfield somewhere 2

-------------Fielding

-----Eustace-Bailey-New

------------New

In this formation I can't see where Waghorn would fit in cause we clearly need a 'proper number 9' leading the line like Danny Graham for example.

Also, we definitely need an attack minded central midfielder to recieve the ball from Eustace and Bailey and drive us forward and create things.

I dont think we will go for Tyson if we get Waghorn, he will take up one of the wide postions

I dont think we will go for Tyson if we get Waghorn, he will take up one of the wide postions

Whats the point in having Tyson and Robinson? they're practically the same person, both quick as stink and both have the same footballing handicap, however Robinson is younger and on around 8k less.

Tyson is a certain no go, Waghorn is very different, he is a chopra sort of player in terms of his quality in possession and finishing.

I really hope that we aren't interested in Tyson, I don't care if he is free. As pointed out on other threads, he is the same player as Robinson but too old to improve,with higher wage demands and no-one should ever forgive the flag waving tw*t! If he isn't good enough for the noobs up the road, why is he good enough for us?

Cheers ambitious, make my post irrelevant whydontcha!?

Archived