4 More bids made

ramexpat

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think its clear that Eustace and Waghorn are two of them. Anyone got any clues on the other two?

I think both of them would be brilliant signings, Eustace has proved himself that he is a leader in the middle of the pitch, who has established himself this season as one of the top holding midfielders in the league.

Waghorn is a very talented young player, who can play in many positions who is willing to get his hands dirty as we saw when he played against us, he put his foot in and got stuck in, that is important at this level if you aren't willing to do that, you end up like bueno who despite the ability impact was so small due to lack of drive and fight you could say. I think it's best he left leicester who seem intent on building a group of players rather than a team!

I'd be happy with both.

I like Bailey but I don't real feel him and eustace would be a good blend, i think they are bit similar for me. I think we need someone who gets forward more.

Two holding midfield players are fine if you are playing 4-2-3-1

I feel it's a bit negitive to have two players holding especially in the champ, qpr played that 4231 yet Derry was the only one that really sat on front of the back 4. None of the other sides at the top had two that just sit. You still need variation in there not just two players who play pretty much exactly the same. All the good sides have good mixtures

is it me or could this savage replacement be

lee johnson from bristol city?

hope we get waghorn and keep cywka too

my side for next season

fielding

brayford barker ayala (again) jones

eustace bailey

cywka ward waghorn

howard? (back from fester?)

I feel it's a bit negitive to have two players holding especially in the champ, qpr played that 4231 yet Derry was the only one that really sat on front of the back 4. None of the other sides at the top had two that just sit. You still need variation in there not just two players who play pretty much exactly the same. All the good sides have good mixtures

I thought Faurlin was more of a "water carrier" and Derry sat, I can see Eustace and Baily being pretty much the same.

is it me or could this savage replacement be

lee johnson from bristol city?

hope we get waghorn and keep cywka too

my side for next season

fielding

brayford barker ayala (again) jones

eustace bailey

cywka ward waghorn

howard? (back from fester?)

Looks a decent side apart from Howard. Although Howard was good 4 years ago he is surely past it now.

how bout some of theese out of contract players i found

ferrie bodde

Brynjar Gunnarsson

Ivar Ingimarsson

Radek Cerny

Heidar Helguson

David Nugent

Danny Webber

Hermann Hreidarsson

Michael Brown

link

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218737

I think just about all of them will demand big wages, while they said they will spend they havent spent two horrible years cutting the wage bill to make it big again, we may get one in ie a forward on good money but I cant see many. Clough has been going on about how QPR did it with proven champ players like last summer, Kenny, Orr, Hill, Derry etc

I think the emphasis would be on investing in one off payments I.e. transfer/signing on fees rather than wages which will drain the club for a longer period (initial contract + contract renewals + new signing and current players wanting to be paid more as well)

At least I hope this is what they are thinking or we have suffered alot for nothing.

I like Bailey but I don't real feel him and eustace would be a good blend, i think they are bit similar for me. I think we need someone who gets forward more.

If we are playing the 4231 formation you need players who can break up the attack from the opposition which these two would do and then you need them to pick a pass which we know Bailey can do. Remember he had to do a lot of extra work for Sav. He has already stated he feels he will be able to express himself more now wiht no Sav although he has learnt a lot from him

If we are playing the 4231 formation you need players who can break up the attack from the opposition which these two would do and then you need them to pick a pass which we know Bailey can do. Remember he had to do a lot of extra work for Sav. He has already stated he feels he will be able to express himself more now wiht no Sav although he has learnt a lot from him

Thanks for telling me the two deeper players need to break up the oppostions attacks no one understands that bit.

Teams who play that way still dont have two players who are exactly the same, the best teams as I have put have different blends of players in their. QPR played that way yet Derry and Faurlin are different types of players.

Think its clear that Eustace and Waghorn are two of them. Anyone got any clues on the other two?

Oh for f**k sake!!! Eustace I can understand because he's had a decent season (although everyone who says he's too similar to Bailey is right) but Waghorn, why??? I trust Sven's player judgement more than I do Nigel's and if he doesn't think he's good enough then why does Nigel...

Because they have Kamara and Yakubu....and some more big name signings on the way probably.

Can't fault him because of that.

Plus, i won't lie, i'm coming round to the idea of Cywka, Ward and Wahorn behind a good striker.

And Eustace who has played all season in a 4-2-3-1 with Bailey is making me smile a bit too.

It all sounds very average, but i think it will work nicely....team effort afterall.

I'm hoping the exciting signing is the striker.

Archived