David Mirfin - Scunthorpe

chaperz21

Heard from a Scunny mate that we are leading the chase to sign Mirfin who is out of contract in the summer.

He has nothing but praise for him, and he says Mirfin deserves Championship football, maybe even higher one day.

Don't know much about him, not the most reliable source I know but thought I'd let you all know

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

his nickname is 'The ox'. wonder if he'll be like mooro? not sure that i'm over confident about signing a 26yr old 6'1" CB from relegated ssausagehorpe! although on SSN website their manager seem to think he is championship quality. don't know anything about him. is he a head an kick it or a ball playing center back? anyone know anything?

judging by his nickname and his size/ weight (14 stone 4!) I'd say head and kick as he is likely to be pretty immobile! I know that Leacock and Anderson have had their problems recently but not sure that this guy is going to be an improvement- haven't seen him play though so reserve judgement. Just a thought, maybe he could fill in for Barker if he is going to be out for longer than they are letting on?

Not suggesting that the guy is overweight by any stretch- just saying that taller, muscular players don't tend to be quick/ charge about the pitch. I imagine that he is a header/ kicker rather than someone who is going to come charging forward with the ball (which I don't think a CB should do anyway!).

Oh and my nob is massive.

That's a Daveo classic.

i can see that judging by ur avatar but it must be a pain what with it being a florist fan.

i know muscle ways more than fat and i wasn't suggesting he is a porker but 3.5 stone for an inch of height? the guy must be beefed up to the max and not someone i would want to be colliding with! could be good. very deceptive against bigger forwards and a totally rock hard center back!

i can see that judging by ur avatar but it must be a pain what with it being a florist fan.

i know muscle ways more than fat and i wasn't suggesting he is a porker but 3.5 stone for an inch of height? the guy must be beefed up to the max and not someone i would want to be colliding with! could be good. very deceptive against bigger forwards and a totally rock hard center back!

This point about not being mobile bcause you're big doesn't stack up though.

Addison looks less mobile, because he's got alot bigger on the top half of his body. I'm guessing due to his foot injury, leg work wasn't an option, and i think that's the prolblem with him.

If this guy works his legs aswell then he won't be any less mobile....quicker if anything.

Archived