John Eustace

VulcanRam

In the match report from Saturday in today's Sun, Nigel says it is the right time for Robbie Savage to go and "I already have a replacement lined up".

He adds: "We need an experienced player to replace him and, hopefully, we will have him in the next week or so".

The most talked about replacement would be Bowyer, but seeing as the Pre hasn't ended yet I can't see how he could be signed in the next week.

Any ideas?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

''I won't be happy if it was eustace''

you do realise he has been one of watfords key players this season, classed by their fans as the most influential player in their side.

I think/hope it could well be David Norris on free, he is an experienced championship player.

you do realise he has been one of watfords key players this season, classed by their fans as the most influential player in their side.

I think/hope it could well be David Norris on free, he is an experienced championship player.

I also realise he's absolute dog poo

Would be more than happy with Eustace or Norris both very good players at this level.

Cant see it being Norris though as he has been played out wide for a while at Ipswich, Eustace would be a direct replacement for Sally Sav

Out of interest with the season finishing, wasn't it rumoured that Bradley Johnson would sign here at the end of the season? It's wishful thinking but he'd be a brilliant signing.

Haven't heard this one myself but it looks like he's on the transfer list at Leeds for turning down a few contract, maybe not quite the player we want.

Would be very pleased with that if true, linked with Villa a season or so back, good player.

Stock would be a good signing, doubt it will be though. I haven't heard anything from Doncaster and when anything is happening their fans are usually in the know weeks in advance to anything happening.

We're looking in the wrong direction!

Players all mentioned above are not coming to Derby. Johnson? Heading for premier league, Eustace and Norris will stay at Ipswich.

The only way Derby would be able to get an experienced midfielder in so quickly is in two scenarios, 1, the player is out of contract, or 2, the player's current team is about to be relegated.

I believe it is the latter and a player such as Nick Montgomery from Sheff Utd is the kind of player Clough is looking at.

He will be cheap, average wage earner compared to our squad, and very experienced at this level.

Archived