Michael Owen - Manchester United

Sir Me

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone's assuming that we're looking to bring him onto the playing staff - we're not. I've got it on good authority that we're actually looking for him to provide some part-time coaching to our strikers. Surely everyone remembers the brilliant "Michael Owen's Soccer Skills' on CBBC a few years ago? Such pearls of wisdom as "Well, when I'm shooting at goal, I always try to place the ball in the part of the goal where the goalkeeper isn't......" - Well thanks for that Michael, up until that golden nugget I'd always thought we were playing rugby and tried for the 3 points where ever possible.

Having said this, perhaps some of our strikers could benefit from Michael's advice afterall.........

He can manage it, he just isn't being played. Class act when fully fit (and only 31), if he stayed fit he'd be a brilliant signing.

Just think you would sign him on extortionate wages, he'd play a couple of games, bag a few, then would be out for 5 months.

Michael Owen scored a good goal today, definitely worth another look Nigel........

^ I'm worried my sarcasm infusor malfunctioned.

If he doesn't retire with his cheap medal, I fully expect a decent premiership club take a punt on him.

has he played enough games to get a medal?

i hope so.

He has, Fergie made sure, but in terms of combined minutes, he's played about three 90 minute games this season. I like the guy, I held out romantic hope that he would make our World Cup squad, but it's a poor way to win a league medal.

Why the hell would he come to us? Don't get me wrong, I would be chuffed to bits but he will either retire or go to a semi decent prem club- I doubt he'll suddenly think " I know, I'll drop down a division and play my last few seasons at a club where I will be abused for earning more money than the rest of the squad and have no chance of winning anything". He's more likely to think " Yes please Aston Villa, I will join you for 25 grand a week, cheers".

We went to Old Trafford last night to watch the FA Youth Final - I wanted to have a look at this Theatre of Dreams....well, it's a dump, so PP will be a big improvement for Owen :D

We went to Old Trafford last night to watch the FA Youth Final - I wanted to have a look at this Theatre of Dreams....well, it's a dump, so PP will be a big improvement for Owen :D

He's a regular at Utch races as well so he's probably house-hunting in this area. If I see him at my local garden centre buying a patio set, i'll let you all know.:D

Really?

Never been and always wanted to...... now, you've ruined it for me :(

White Hart Lane is another ground i want to go to (dunno why, looks good i suppose) and St James Park. People say White Hart Lane a dump?

Archived