Michael Owen - Manchester United

Sir Me

may put it on bet 365 and see how much i'd get lmao, but i don't think he could do it, at first i thought he would be good but he's the player you chuck on in the last ten mins for fresh legs

Brad Jones goal kick to the centre of the park, Robinson controls with his chest, turns and shoots, the wind carries the ball into the net for a 96th minute winner for Derby.

/dreaming

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has bad news written all over it.....

Wow, big name signing.

Sounds like good business sense, a high wage earner with an injury plagued past in the cut and thrust of what could once again be a tricky relegation battle in the championship.

Is Keiron Dyer available as well?

its well known that clough gets infuriated by injury prone players.

one reason why savage has lasted as long as he has, and why barker and brayford are the core of our side.

this sounds like the biggest joke since talks of baggio and ravanelli

its well known that clough gets infuriated by injury prone players.

one reason why savage has lasted as long as he has, and why barker and brayford are the core of our side.

this sounds like the biggest joke since talks of baggio and ravanelli

Why was Baggio a joke?

Mmmmm - Michael Owen. Isn't he the one who's about 4ft nowt, with the short back and sides and looks younger than my 6 year old?? :D

If this is true, bring him ON!!

Just spoken to my source, who without revealing names is at the top of the club.

There is no substance at all in the report and the first they knew about it is when I informed him just now. So there's no need for this thread to stay open.

Please inform us of the transfer targets for the summer then there will be no need for the rumours section to stay open at all!

As you all know names will not be mentioned, but as you all probably guessed anyway Owen isn't a target. Even if his wages were realistic for us, insurance premiums would be astronomical. Just look at Giles Barnes for his problems with insurance.

With citing the vague position for my source it doesn't undermine them. I don't ask for rumours as it would be inappropriate.

Anyway....Michael Owen joining Derby? Ha. :D

As you all know names will not be mentioned, but as you all probably guessed anyway Owen isn't a target. Even if his wages were realistic for us, insurance premiums would be astronomical. Just look at Giles Barnes for his problems with insurance.

With citing the vague position for my source it doesn't undermine them. I don't ask for rumours as it would be inappropriate.

Anyway....Michael Owen joining Derby? Ha. :D

Why can you not mention potential targets? Even Glick does this.

With his track record with injuries I would not be surprised if Owen would take a step down and try to get himself back on the map in Championship. Even though it would be great to see a player of his caliber in Derby it would be heartbreaking should he get a long time injury which he is prone to. If we really have 1.5 million to spend on one player, might there be someone who would be a safer choice, still able to deliver kind of quality this club needs to get forward ?

Read from bottom up

Colin Bloomfield (@ColinBloomfield)

03/05/2011 22:17

@LukeTansley The Derby press officer says so, Col G asked him earlier today.

Luke Tansley (@LukeTansley)

03/05/2011 22:13

@ColinBloomfield how do u know??

Colin Bloomfield (@ColinBloomfield)

03/05/2011 21:55

In the least surprising story of the day, @themichaelowen will NOT be joining Derby. #sillyseasonhasstarted

Sir Me, your not Colin G are you?

I would love to see Owen at Derby, doubt it will happen but we can all dream. It could possibly be the most inspired signing in our recent history with him being fit and showing himself for the world class finisher he can be, or he would turn up, get fat and injured dining on our money!

Realistically he wouldn't even think about joining Derby though.

Of course it would be the most inspired signing in recent history, there haven't any other inspirational signings.

That aside a real class act at this level unless he's gone over the top. We desperately need a relaunch and Michael Owen can do that.

Archived