Billy Sharp and James Coppinger

Ambitious

A challenge eh, OK here are my 15 better CBs in the league.

K Gorkks - Nope

F Hall - I'd argue

D Shittu - Nope

S Bamba - Nope

A Williams - Yes

A Tate - Nope

M Mills - Yes

A Bikey - definitely no, few years ago yes, now.. not a chance infact one of the worst i've seen this season, robinson had his pants round his ankles.

J Hobbs - again, maybe last year.. this season nope.

J Chester - Nope, still young though.

E Ward - Nope

L Barnett - Yes

Z Khizanishvili - full back and nope.

T Mkandawire - plays defensive midfield, but had a good season.

S McManus - Nope.

I'll avoid the temptations of using defenders from either Forest, Cardiff or Leeds..

I'll bite, I think you could of used Shackell, Caulker, Hudson, Turner, McAuley, perhaps Chambers deserves a mention, but he was woeful last season.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fully fit Micheal Owen at his prime would be currently playing in this Manchester United side..

The fact is, Barker has had his prime, he's knackered, and his prime was only a midtable NPC club. During his best spell for our club we was still shipping goals left right and centre.

He might have had one, or even 10 excellent games for us, but that doesn't quite count when were still shipping goals.

My mate is an avid Reading fan, a season ticket holder, he admitted that Matt Mills looks abit of a liability, but on the face of it, the games he's played and the goals conceded it might suggest that he's not done too badly.. Matt Mills was good before at Donny, and now he's even better now.

They've had a solid defense for a while, Khizanishvili and Matt Mills are the reasons for this. They're not brilliant, but decent enough for a top 6 team. Barker, fully fit, wouldn't get in their team.

As for the others, Hull and Millwall are both midtable teams with excellent defensive records.. Their CBS are rocks, especially Hobbs and Chester at Hull. Both much better than Barker.

I also don't believe for one minute any PL team showed any 'real' interest in him. He might have impressed a few scouts with a good performance but that was about it.. For everytime Barker has looked excellent he's looked distincly average on 10 more occasions.

Appologies on your post though, I didn't read it correctly where you did state that you would put those players ahead of Barker.

Take off your rose-tinted glasses Ambitious.

Barker better than the majority.. Jajajajajaja!

For starters K Gorkks and F Hall are the best CB pairing in the league. Fact. Conceded around 25 goals all year. A Tate and A Williams are the second best. Fact. Conceded around 37. A Tate is very good at bringing the ball out of defence too.

Khizanishvili is a CB. Along with Matt Mills. Harte and Griffin are Readings FBs.

J Hobbs and J Chester are apart of a Hull defence that are unbeaten in 17 odd away games. Plus 4th/5th best defensive record in the league.. Both alot better than Barker.

A Bikey is also a definite yes.. Unbelievable if you think not..

But then again what do I expect with DCFC fans.. We accept being 19th and habing a sh*te team because they're nice guys.. I mentioned before, other than Fielding, Ward, Bailey, Cywka and Brayford I couldn't care less if we got rid of the rest.

Are you mocking him in Spanish? "jajajajajajaaja"

Bad habbits yes.

Spent the morning convincing my friends (Avid Chivas and Chicharito lovers) that Man Utd only bought Chicharito to recieve commercial rights in Mexico. They went mental.

Bad habbits yes.

Spent the morning convincing my friends (Avid Chivas and Chicharito lovers) that Man Utd only bought Chicharito to recieve commercial rights in Mexico. They went mental.

good lad, you have to wind them up don't you. ;)

For starters K Gorkks and F Hall are the best CB pairing in the league. Fact. Conceded around 25 goals all year. A Tate and A Williams are the second best. Fact. Conceded around 37. A Tate is very good at bringing the ball out of defence too.

Khizanishvili is a CB. Along with Matt Mills. Harte and Griffin are Readings FBs.

J Hobbs and J Chester are apart of a Hull defence that are unbeaten in 17 odd away games. Plus 4th/5th best defensive record in the league.. Both alot better than Barker.

But then again what do I expect with DCFC fans.. We accept being 19th and habing a sh*te team because they're nice guys.. I mentioned before, other than Fielding, Ward, Bailey, Cywka and Brayford I couldn't care less if we got rid of the rest.

Sometimes Bris you have to be there and see what Barker does in the flesh (so to speak!). A couple of times toward the end of the season there was a spontaneous chant of "you'll never beat Shaun Barker" because of his tackles and interceptions. If we get the right blend round him he'll be head and shoulders above that list.

Yes we shipped more goals than Swansea and QPR. But look who was in goal for most of the season. Bywater averaging more than 2 a game against him. Apart from Jones worst record in net this season but even he had as many clean sheets as bywater. Since Bywater been at Cardiff they shipp more goals his first 6 games I think they got 2 points which cost them promotion and they were in second when he went. Now people say you can't just blame the keeper but when he ships as many as he has for a team who were 5th when he came back into the side and a team who were 2nd when he joined them you have to start asking questions.

Defence can only do so much and the midfield this year was struggling from December and they had no support therefore the defence can't hold out for ever. To be honest the problems not really been centre half this year it has been at fullbacks when we had to move Brayford to centre half or left back due to injuries and suspensions, when he left the right it left it open, he was vital at right back and has played every minute of every game and the stress/pressure/tiredness/confidence he has battled through, then there was Roberts/Moxey with suspensions and injuries poor defending and errors. If you have problems there then the defence will struggle as the CB have to cover across which leaves the middle open, the midifeld then need to drop in and that has not happened enough this year.

Sorry Barker next season when fit will be awesome and will be pushing for player of the year again as he was in his first season

I don't agree with your opinion but that's all it is an opinion.

could argue that you look at stats where I go on what i've seen and read/heard about players, plus I'll take past years into account also.

going on this season, you would say on stats that Blackpool are a better attacking side than Spurs and DJ Campbell is a better goalscorer than Drogba, Torres, Rooney and Anelka.

The two most rated defenders this season from what I've heard are Ashley Williams and Steven Caulker (didn't even make your list) Ayala was a big part to Hulls defence until they ripped him out, I wouldn't say currently he is any better than Barker.

We all have opinions, I don't think Barker is anything special but I don't think you can argue him being a top 6 player, especially when you have to class Wes Morgan as a top 6 player.

I am the harbinger of death, in reference to Billys and Forests play off hopes. Will that do? ;)

There's that reason, plus I thought it looked pretty cool.

Swans are cool atm. Boycie dunna quite get it tho'....he can't think out the box.... :D

Swans are cool atm. Boycie dunna quite get it tho'....he can't think out the box.... :D

Well someones got to play the fool eh ;) And I dislike swans anyway, always stealing bread when you give it to the ducks. Bossy little ******** that's for sure.

I hate canada geese and swans are the only ones who stand up to the bastar*s. That is the only reason for my avatar.... I chose the black swan because they aren't found in England, well they shouldn't be anyway but for the next few days they are fine by me. I'll be annoyed if they have a good day out in London in the near future though.

If you've got a knee injury, then i'm guessing that does limit your movement somewhat ;)

Good point. :oops:

I sort of go along with Bris's argument, Barker when fit is a pretty solid tier 2 defender, however he lacks ball playing skills and that little bit of pace to make him a top tier 2 defender or possible Premier defender.

Can't fault his commitment though.

Archived