Billy Sharp and James Coppinger

Ambitious

So could Clough going by how much he paid for Barker, Bailey, Brayford, Ward and Fielding..... :cool:

Good Point. 2.6 million in this league can buy you some quality players. Scott Sinclair for example Swansea payed 700k if i'm right in thinking?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Barker put up on some sort of pedastool? He's a warrior and people should be grateful that he put DCFC before himself and his injuries.. Brilliant guy.

But even at full fitness however, he's not that good. He's an average NPC centre back who wouldn't cut it at PL level and I can name at least 15 better CBs in this league.

I think he's one of the best CB's in the division.

Don't think it looks good on him with how exposed he's been. Even Vidic would look a bit more ordinary if United were opened up as much as us. I think there are better. Williams can be brilliant at CB AND fullback. Tate too is top. McAuley and Delaney. Leeds Bruce shows some excellent intelligence at time. Probably equal to Barker? Chambers possibly better too? . Those would be much better represented at better clubs. Think the fact they get exposed far more than they should doesn't do them justice. Sol Bamba looks good.

Cardiff imo have a very average defence. But it's masked slightly by the players infront of them. And the protection they give. Tactically Jones seems to be able to cope with a pretty average defence.

Morgan however is made to look pretty solid. When under a manager less talented at making average players highly effective i think he could well be embarrassed weekly. If Forest were to make the PL where passengers are exposed i think Morgan would be shocking.

Think Barker is a lot better than what we've seen this season. Not quite PL though.

AshfieldRam said: ↑

Give Sean O'Driscall 2.6 million and he could work wonders in this league

So could Clough going by how much he paid for Barker, Bailey, Brayford, Ward and Fielding.....

To true these 5 players listed cost not much more than the bid for Sharp and I would take 5 players over 1. Sharp is good but for the champinship they have ensured they have priced out championship teams except for the likes of Leicester who have a sugar daddy company behind them. However they will only go for prem players

Why is Barker put up on some sort of pedastool? He's a warrior and people should be grateful that he put DCFC before himself and his injuries.. Brilliant guy.

But even at full fitness however, he's not that good. He's an average NPC centre back who wouldn't cut it at PL level and I can name at least 15 better CBs in this league.

Go on then, Bet you can't!

Disagree entirely anyway. Fully fit he is excellent and could play in the premiership in my opinion

Go on then, Bet you can't!

Disagree entirely anyway. Fully fit he is excellent and could play in the premiership in my opinion

A challenge eh, OK here are my 15 better CBs in the league.

K Gorkks

F Hall

D Shittu

S Bamba

A Williams

A Tate

M Mills

A Bikey

J Hobbs

J Chester

E Ward

L Barnett

Z Khizanishvili

T Mkandawire

S McManus

I'll avoid the temptations of using defenders from either Forest, Cardiff or Leeds..

K Gorkks

F Hall

D Shittu

S Bamba

A Williams

A Tate

M Mills

A Bikey

J Hobbs

J Chester

E Ward

L Barnett

Z Khizanishvili

T Mkandawire

S McManus

I'll avoid the temptations of using defenders from either Forest, Cardiff or Leeds..

the last one's a wrestler. Give up Vegas, you're rumbled!

K Gorkks

F Hall

D Shittu

S Bamba

A Williams

A Tate

M Mills

A Bikey

J Hobbs

J Chester

E Ward

L Barnett

Z Khizanishvili

T Mkandawire

S McManus

I would put Barker 5/6th in that list, unsure of whether i'm biased in putting him before Matt Mills or not.

Gorks, Shittu, Bamba and Williams I would put before him, Matt Mills always looks a bit dodgy to me when the team is in bad form. Barker doesn't suffer from that.

A fully fit Barker is one of the best in the league, unfortunately for him we've not seen enough of that. Not his fault though, and to play a full season on an injury that many would immediately rest with is admirable and somewhat astounding. in very few games have I seen him put in a poor performance. Only at the very start of the season when he was getting up to pace would I say he has been poor (And even then he was ok).

I would put Barker 5/6th in that list, unsure of whether i'm biased in putting him before Matt Mills or not.

Gorks, Shittu, Bamba and Williams I would put before him, Matt Mills always looks a bit dodgy to me when the team is in bad form. Barker doesn't suffer from that.

A fully fit Barker is one of the best in the league, unfortunately for him we've not seen enough of that. Not his fault though, and to play a full season on an injury that many would immediately rest with is admirable and somewhat astounding. in very few games have I seen him put in a poor performance. Only at the very start of the season when he was getting up to pace would I say he has been poor (And even then he was ok).

Alex W?

Welcome back.

Even though you ditched the Boycie on Facebook. Like Guinness, I'm not bitter.

Hello there Boycie.

I'm not really back, I was just looking at Daveo's handy work after he messaged me. Thought it would be rude not to post something.

And I was a tad peeved at my exit, I thought it sensible to do so rather than run my mouth off. More of a safety measure than anything. Besides which, i'm following you on twitter now, so I too am now very much 'Guinessy'. (That phrase doesn't really work without your explanation does it)

Hello there Boycie.

I'm not really back, I was just looking at Daveo's handy work after he messaged me. Thought it would be rude not to post something.

And I was a tad peeved at my exit, I thought it sensible to do so rather than run my mouth off. More of a safety measure than anything. Besides which, i'm following you on twitter now, so I too am now very much 'Guinessy'. (That phrase doesn't really work without your explanation does it)

Your following me? Well. I've not accepted you yet. ;)

oh, and you are "back" I've just read a post of yours above.

Just for that, i'm deleting you :p

True, but I will not be logging back in after tonight. Not unless I need to 'Release the Kraken' against anyone later on anyway.

We'll see,

You can't delete me because I haven't accepted you! tee hee.

I shall bend the rules of twitter and do so then. Besides which, you don't even know which one is me! Mwahahaha. (Won't take too much guesswork considering I mostly message Daveo or Derby left-backs lol)

I shall bend the rules of twitter and do so then. Besides which, you don't even know which one is me! Mwahahaha. (Won't take too much guesswork considering I mostly message Daveo or Derby left-backs lol)

you bloody donut. ;)

Don't understand your logic.. Better than Gorkks, Shittu and Williams? You do realise we've conceded double the amount of goals as QPR and Swansea.. You do realise Barker can't play the ball at all.. He's good in the air nothing else.. He's slow, out of position alot, too slow to react, rarely intercepts the ball, doesn't read the game that great and he can't play it out from the back.

Better than Matt Mills because you've seen him have one bad game?

People like Barker because he's a nice guy. Unfortunately many of our fans are too forgiving and go for 'triers' as does Clough.. Barker wouldn't get in Readings team, nor any other team in the top 6 and only the deluded would think he would.

Don't understand your logic.. Better than Gorkks, Shittu and Williams? You do realise we've conceded double the amount of goals as QPR and Swansea.. You do realise Barker can't play the ball at all.. He's good in the air nothing else.. He's slow, out of position alot, too slow to react, rarely intercepts the ball, doesn't read the game that great and he can't play it out from the back.

People like Barker because he's a nice guy. Unfortunately many of our fans are too forgiving and go for 'triers' as does Clough.. Barker wouldn't get in Readings team, nor any other team in the top 6 and only the deluded would think he would.

I agree with your view on Barker.

But,

When he see's the ball out for a goal kick, and there's a striker trying to nick it off him.

"You'll never beat Shaun Barker!"

I said that those players were better than him, if you re-read my post. Barker has been playing half fit in a poor side with exceptionally poor covering all system. We're going to let goals in. Not forgetting the catalogue of goalkeeping mistakes this season.

Barker doesn't need to be able to play the ball, have someone next to him who can and he'd be in a top side. There were Premier League teams rumoured to be interested in him during the season before this.

I have seen Matt Mills have many poor games, Reading fans thought they'd wasted alot of money on a dodgy centre back until he found his form. He found it when the team improved, if they hit the rocks again i'm certain he'd be a liability at the back.

In your opinion, only the deluded think he would. I'd say that he would make several of those sides if he were fully fit, and if he finds his fitness next season we'll be in a fight to keep him.

Archived