Billy Sharp and James Coppinger

Ambitious

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then why didnt we go for him last summer ?

The money was there, or so we were told ?

A little old lady told me that I'd got a lucky face and would have a long and happy life if I bought some of her lucky heather...I didn't believe her either.

What's your source mate? I've heard the opposite.

Apparently, one his legs is slighty longer than the other.

In one of the Pratchett books, there's a guy who wears two orthopedic shoes because both his legs are longer than the other. Is it him?

Just runs around in circles then:frown:

runs circles around our defence and scores everytime. Billy Sharp went to Rovers as he was on loan the season before after falling out with management at Sheff Utd (sound familar ask Jamie Ward). He went back to Utd they tried to keep him but he basically said he wanted to go back to Donny as he enjoyed his loan period (again like Jamie Ward). When players are frozen out and find a new home sometimes loyalty over money kicks in, plus it was close to where he lived.

• 2 weeks later...
On the bright side, if that comes off it's bye bye Doncaster next season, just like it was bye bye Scunny this year after selling Hooper.

Well that would be one of the three teams we need to be worse than us, wonder who the other to will be :D

On a serious note, this kind of transfer activity is what the board should be aiming for if they want to show their intent...

Well that would be one of the three teams we need to be worse than us, wonder who the other to will be :D

On a serious note, this kind of transfer activity is what the board should be aiming for if they want to show their intent...

How do we know that 2 of the four bids we are tabling aren't for these 2 player?

Perhaps this is to look as if they are investing so that people will buy season tickets? I've heard that this happens sometimes :D

Not with our no quibble money back guarantee! Can you really see anyone asking for their money back?

Looks like the £3,000,000 barrier will need to be broken to stand a chance of signing these two.

BREAKING NEWS: Sharp and Coppinger bids rejected

DONCASTER Rovers have rejected a joint bid in the region of £2.6million from Ipswich Town for Billy Sharp and James Coppinger.

John Ryan told the Free Press this morning that the bids - £2.3m for Sharp and £300,000 for Coppinger - were rejected out-of-hand.

And he has offered very little encouragement to the Tractor Boys should they choose to come back in with a bigger offer - stating Sharp and Coppinger are central to the club’s plans for next season.

Ryan said: “Sean O’Driscoll is determined to build a quality squad to go into next season and these two players are pivotal to that desire.

“The club remains ambitious and feels that with a bit more luck with injuries and refereeing decisions we can be a real force in the Championship next season.

“Sharp and Coppinger are without doubt wonderful players that are getting better and better.

“I’m very confident, if they both remain fit, they will influence our campaign in a very positive way.

“I’m confident Billy can notch 25 goals next season, with James providing the bullets for him, along with others.

“Myself, the directors, the management team and the players are looking forward to a great season next term - and we’re looking up rather than down.â€

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/breaking_news_sharp_and_coppinger_bids_rejected_1_3379156

Yeah, we have no chance. Donny clearly aren't in the mood to sell and why should they 300K for Coppinger and no chance of a replacement for that money. 2.3m is a good offer for Sharp but if the chairman stumped up 1 million of his own money to buy Sharp why sell. They would be certs for relegation if they got rid of those two.

I'm sure we will have moved on to other targets (if they were ever targets on the first place).

I think 750k(ish) would be good enough for copps, he is a good player but I am surprised they didn't sell Sharp for 2.3million, very surprised.. they could of doubled their money in a year and I doubt losing Sharp would mean relegation, and even with him I don't think they'll get promoted.

I would say poor decision from a business point of view, however from the fans point of view and footballing.. well done.

£2.3m for Sharp....... they must of been tempted?

Ofcourse it wouldn't please the fans. But you'd feel if the manager had a good touch in the transfer market then Sharps goals could be replaced for that and you could still have £1.5m to spend on the team.

I wouldn't want it accepted if i was a Donny fan, but bids like that must make them twitch a bit. £2.3m is a lot of money for one player at this level with the full summer to find a replacement or a way of coping without him.

Archived