Billy Sharp and James Coppinger

Ambitious

This isn't a made up rumour, nor is it from a very realiable source however it is understood that we're after both these players come the summer, apparently been doing the rounds at Doncaster for around a month and since I haven't seen anyone post anything on here I would inform.

Both players would be great assests to the squad, I notice when both of these players are playing against us, Billy Sharp finds it all so easy to put the ball in the onion bag against us and Coppinger runs us ragged, leaving the full back with his shorts firmly around his ankles.

anyway thought I'd mention it, it's all wait and see at the moment anyway!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very unlikely as Donny won't let Sharp leave for less than a million given that two directors put their own hands in their pockets to finance the purchase in the first place.

Aren't the rumours that both Donny and Watford have put £2.5m price tags on their top scorers?

I think you may be correct Alpha Signia, certainly the £2.5m price tag is one that I has been mentioned at Rovers. It is no coincidence that Rovers operate with a £3m shortfall in revenue each year and have to plug this gap from developing and selling on players. One of Rovers major investors is likely to be withdrawing from the club over the next couple of years but others at the club are wealthy enough to put a shilling or two in to the coffers to make up the shortfall.

In recent years John Ryan has just been the public face but has had little to do with off field finance, indeed John publically thanked his directors for paying for Sharp out of their own pockets. Rovers are not financed anything like Derby, generous local business people who sold out for a few hundred million bankroll them behind the scenes. The legacy of this financing may well continue as future family generations have invested in Rovers themselves.

Im very confused at why Billy Sharps name keeps coming up ?

If we did not sign him last year when he was available for 1M why would we be in for him now ?

Im sure I remember something coming out from the club about him not being a Clough type of player, but I could be wrong on that ?

If we did not sign him last year when he was available for 1M why would we be in for him now ?

Im sure I remember something coming out from the club about him not being a Clough type of player, but I could be wrong on that ?

not a Clough sort of player in that he scores loads of goals?

If he and Coppinger came as a package I'd be happy to sell any of our lot to finance it. There's got to be a good chance someone will come in for Brayford, and if we can get a good price (£3.5-4m) then it would be a good bit of business all round

I think that was more because of the price tag-doesn't fit in with the structure clough was going for at the time etc

"He's a £1m striker, I believe. That is what you get from a £1m striker, he puts the ball in the back of the net," said Clough.

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Clough-fans-given-stick/article-3283661-detail/article.html

not a Clough sort of player in that he scores loads of goals?

If he and Coppinger came as a package I'd be happy to sell any of our lot to finance it. There's got to be a good chance someone will come in for Brayford, and if we can get a good price (£3.5-4m) then it would be a good bit of business all round

3.5m for a left back who finished only a few points from safety in the champ? I like Brayford and he is a very good player and a good prospect but I think that any offers would be 900k to a mil at the minute. If he continues his good form for another season then maybe we would see some bigger bids but not yet- he isn't in the Championship team of the season either.

If we sell him I will be annoyed, if its for less than 1.5 mil I will be livid-can't see it though, he is firmly in Cloughs plans and rightly so

its well known that Billy Sharp has one leg slightly shorter than the other.

this is the reason nigel doesn't like him.

he insists that all players his have limbs of equal length.

Just runs around in circles then:frown:

What's your source mate? I've heard the opposite.

Apparently, one his legs is slighty longer than the other.

Archived