Alberto Bueno

davenportram

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bueno

yeah ive seen the post on transfer talk and weve all seen the DET column. but i just thought i would say that my friend is a family friend of bueno's and was out for tea with him last night. she asked him to stay etc.etc.etc. he said he would love to stay but wants better players around him. just thought i would post this because obviously he wouldnt say that to a reporter or anything. and this isnt bulls*it. its true.

I think it would be great if he could stay here. He doesn't disappear when he's kicked, he just doesn't have quality around him. It must be hard for a player who's used to passing football. I don't mean this as a dig to the rest of the team but it's no coincidence that he played his best when we were passing it about and went missing when we reverted back to safety first hoofball.

He can work on strength in the summer. He is so young that he can get better in every aspect of his game if Nigel and coaches give him quality training. The fact that he is ready to stay is a clear message that Bueno is ready to get better for playing the style of football that is needed in Championship.

I believe that if we get a few good players around Bueno he can get very close to season that Taarabt had.

He can work on strength in the summer. He is so young that he can get better in every aspect of his game if Nigel and coaches give him quality training. The fact that he is ready to stay is a clear message that Bueno is ready to get better for playing the style of football that is needed in Championship.

I believe that if we get a few good players around Bueno he can get very close to season that Taarabt had.

I like him but Taarabt, come off it!

I like him but Taarabt, come off it!

Bueno is young and with his skill he can make giant leaps as a player in a very short time, under good guidance. The fact that he came from Spain where it is very different culture, climate and the style of play is bound to take a toll on a young player. I`m not saying he is going to be as good next season as Taarabt was this season but I think he has potential to achieve that.

I might of course be wrong, it has happened to me before. I only saw three games from Bueno this season but if he stays it would be nice if I was right for once. Cheers mate !

yeah ive seen the post on transfer talk and weve all seen the DET column. but i just thought i would say that my friend is a family friend of bueno's and was out for tea with him last night. she asked him to stay etc.etc.etc. he said he would love to stay but wants better players around him. just thought i would post this because obviously he wouldnt say that to a reporter or anything. and this isnt bulls*it. its true.

I must admit, vs Bristol I kept thinking bueno seemed to be on a different page to the rest of the team and some of his passes would have found 'better' players who would have been in the positions to receive these passes or who would run on to them.

So the above statement doesn't seem far fetched to my well trained footballing brain :-)

I must admit, vs Bristol I kept thinking bueno seemed to be on a different page to the rest of the team and some of his passes would have found 'better' players who would have been in the positions to receive these passes or who would run on to them.

So the above statement doesn't seem far fetched to my well trained footballing brain :-)

Sorry must have been watching a different game. In spain you don't really tackle it is more pass the ball till you make a mistake. In Championship you have to put a shift in. The one tackle he put in in the game I think it was around 87 minutes he got a yellow card. He has no turn of pace and does not track back.

Having said that if you ge the right players around him a bit like Taarabt then this becomes less of an issue especially if the team is playing with confidence and the wing backs are attacking down the wings. When Clough says it depends who we sign. We maybe jumping to wrong conclusion and thinking if we sign the players Clough is after he won't be coming, it may be more if we sign the players we want we will bring him in as he is the player who can turn games. If we don't have the right mix around him he can become a passenger and in this league you can not afford this

Sorry must have been watching a different game. In spain you don't really tackle it is more pass the ball till you make a mistake. In Championship you have to put a shift in. The one tackle he put in in the game I think it was around 87 minutes he got a yellow card. He has no turn of pace and does not track back.

Having said that if you ge the right players around him a bit like Taarabt then this becomes less of an issue especially if the team is playing with confidence and the wing backs are attacking down the wings. When Clough says it depends who we sign. We maybe jumping to wrong conclusion and thinking if we sign the players Clough is after he won't be coming, it may be more if we sign the players we want we will bring him in as he is the player who can turn games. If we don't have the right mix around him he can become a passenger and in this league you can not afford this

Great post RR, if we do end up signing him I would be delighted but many fans would think it is because we couldn't get the players we wanted and he has been brought in to get the fans of the boards back. I think that it may be more the case that we need the right type of players to get the best out of him and maybe a change of style- if we end up signing players that won't compliment his play then there is no point signing him from both the clubs and the players point of view

Agree with the last two posts. Seems likely to me that Nigel knows that Bueno needs players of a similar quality and a similar wavelength. If we get them we see a good Bueno. I don't buy into the 'weather' or 'being kicked' argument for his lack of form. I think it coincides more with our loss of Commons and change in style of play.

I'd like him to be more active in getting the ball back but it's not a necessity.

Archived