Danny Graham - Watford

JacobDcfc

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Helgusson signed a contract yet? He's available?

Don't think he'll get any offers from the PL will he? Unless it's QPR. Surely in with a shout if we want him?

I think he'd be a good member of the squad to anyone in the Championship.

That's a good shout - plenty of strikers that could be constrewed as "experienced", not all of them on ridiculous wages either.

But really, no player is worth £2.5m at this level - or rather, it's not worth spending that much on a player. You could perhaps justify spending that if you were going to spend mega bucks in every single area of the field to match it, but even then it's a gamble - so many players at this level can do it for some clubs, and for some reason, not with others.

Ched Evans? £3mil to Sheff Utd, now look.

with so many championship and lower standard premier league teams all being linked with the same crop of strikers like Sharp and Graham who are (lets face it) going to end up elsewhere other than Derby as teams like Wolves etc will purchase. We really need to crack on with likely targets that we could get. Norwich managed to go up using a team of relatively cheap unheard of players.

What's the obsession with a 20 goal a season man, if we can find two players that can play upfront together both chipping in and more importantly playing within the side and doing well, then we'll be alright.

It's a team game, it's not about individuals.

I wouldn't say so just yet, the premiership at the minute is awful.. DJ was a good striker, nothing brilliant and his got into double figures this season.

I think with a little hard work and the right mentality, good championship strikers can become good premiership strikers, confidence is a massive part in a strikers form.

If we want a top notch Championship striker it will cost us over £2m. That's the going rate. If we aren't willing to pay that we're back to taking gambles on the unproven or the injury prone.We don't NEED a top striker to get promoted, but the presence of one makes it much more likely. Given the choice I would blow our entire budget on buying a striker and make up the rest with freebies.

When Danny Graham was at Carlisle United, he had a real issue with his performances in the winter months, he scored 20 goals a season but he did tend to have a drought on goals between October and March.

Since he has moved to Watford, he has gained real consistency and a brilliant 38 goals in 91 league games for a bottom half team.

Also he really does seem to have fixed his winter issues and his best scoring run came in the winter 9 goals in 7 games from December to January and at least one goal in one of his games, It does pay testament to Malky Mackay's managment.

At 26 in August he could have some potentail re-sale value.

PS I hope this move does go through as Carlisle have a sizeable sell-on fee from his tribunal, they'll get around £400k if the fee is £2.5 million.

Not a bad investment for Watford too with a £200,000 basic fee.

Would be funny to see him and Ian Harte in the PL, two years ago they were fighting for League One survival and escaped just.

If we want a top notch Championship striker it will cost us over £2m. That's the going rate. If we aren't willing to pay that we're back to taking gambles on the unproven or the injury prone.We don't NEED a top striker to get promoted, but the presence of one makes it much more likely. Given the choice I would blow our entire budget on buying a striker and make up the rest with freebies.

I would rather get a play maker midfielder, with rumours of Eustace and Tyson don't fill me with much faith, Eustace is a DM & I have said enough on Tyson.

Our midfield lacks creativity!

I'd still prefer to have 2 players that work well together, couldn't be arsed with how many they score individually.. also I'd like to point out a top notch championship striker doesn't have to cost us 2million.

you'd say the top championship strikers now are Graham, Holt, long, beccio, boothroyd.. also would point out these are this seasons top championship strikers, before these came along we had another batch of top goalscorers, and then before that... it's hard to predict who's going to do well at this level, frankly I wouldn't buy a striker who's just come off a good season, I'd find one who has perhaps had a bad season, with ability and help him find his potential.

Also, you have to give credit to Dave Parnaby and the Middlesbrough academy staff for prodcuing these youngsters almost on a yearly basis!

There is another load coming through there and they are all getting rave reviews, wouldn't be surprised if a few of them were starring next season.

I'd still prefer to have 2 players that work well together, couldn't be arsed with how many they score individually.. also I'd like to point out a top notch championship striker doesn't have to cost us 2million.

you'd say the top championship strikers now are Graham, Holt, long, beccio, boothroyd.. also would point out these are this seasons top championship strikers, before these came along we had another batch of top goalscorers, and then before that... it's hard to predict who's going to do well at this level, frankly I wouldn't buy a striker who's just come off a good season, I'd find one who has perhaps had a bad season, with ability and help him find his potential.

Fair point, but we do need a player who an create a bit of magic in games we have played poorly and pick up underseved points/wins, like in the Giles Barnes in our BD promotion season, Kris Commons mold.

Fair point, but we do need a player who an create a bit of magic in games we have played poorly and pick up underseved points/wins, like in the Giles Barnes in our BD promotion season, Kris Commons mold.

Danny Graham has scored 27 goals this season, and hardly any (that i've seen) have come from outside the box, instead of concentrating on the man on the scoresheet, I think we should be concentrating at the man who creates the chance to get the man on the scoresheet..

Don Cowie and Will Buckley for instance, again we don't need someone to produce magic as long as we have a team unit where everyone does their job. I'd love to have a team where we're all struggling to pick a best player because they've all done their job.

I know someone in the club and it was no where near 3 mil that they paid for him. Could add up to that but I don't think that is possible now.

I believe it was £1.5m rising to £3m based on appearances and achievements.

His career has fallen quite flat hasn't it, perhaps he needs a new club to spark some life back into him? Didn't think he was that special when he was appearing for Man City, he has a presence about him, but he just doesn't deliver the goods infront of goal.

Archived