Ben Pringle and Chris Porter

DCFC-2010

Someone posted a link to the DCFCMAD website the other day, where someone was talking about the players coming in and out.

I read some of the thread and the guy said

Thanks mate i have also heard the people leaving derby are

stephen bywater- lost faith in him

chris porter

lee croft

not happy with cwyka either

dave martin

also heard it was ben pringle choice to come back torquay wanted him to stop but he has shot himself in the foot because derby have told him he is now classed as a fringe player so it was either stop at torquay and gain experince,playoff and maybe wembely or come back to derby and sit in the reserves, and also heard they are looking at getting duke back because they rate him and have him behing fielding

I think the Pringle bit may be true as on the BBC website the Tourqay manager said Ben wanted to fight for his place at Derby, since Pringle has been back I don't think he has been in the squad.

Also I think Porter will be off as he has not yet been offred a contract, according to Wiki he has played 42 times and scored 9. He probably would score goals if he was fit but the problem is he is injured a lot. I thought he would score a lot of goals after the start he made here, but it hasn't worked out as we would have hoped, he was also Nigel's first signing. TBH I don't think he is good in the air and he is also very slow.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hardly hard to predict these sorts of things are they, he's just picked players that Clough has fallen out with in the past. Don't think we'll see Pringle leave, he's the golden boy

That is a bit of a bizarre statement. I assume you mean his hair?

Cwyka will definitely be here next season, I think he will shine next season and we'd be foolish to let him go, he is a decent player to have in the team and allows us to play with attacking midfielders, definitely keep hold of him.

Pringle, he has been given a year extension and that was the right decision I struggle to see how anyone can call him a bad player, he is a decent squad player.. he isn't flashy by any stretch of the imagination but works hard and does a job IMO.

Porter, his football career is over... think it's dreadful how the fans have treated him also, he had a career ending injury and our fans still expect him to cut it at this level because he's got painkillers pumped into his body, he showed us what he could do in his first 3 games and then took a very bad injury.. poor guy, just hope he can bounce back from this and find himself a good job.

Cwyka will definitely be here next season, I think he will shine next season and we'd be foolish to let him go, he is a decent player to have in the team and allows us to play with attacking midfielders, definitely keep hold of him.

Pringle, he has been given a year extension and that was the right decision I struggle to see how anyone can call him a bad player, he is a decent squad player.. he isn't flashy by any stretch of the imagination but works hard and does a job IMO.

Porter, his football career is over... think it's dreadful how the fans have treated him also, he had a career ending injury and our fans still expect him to cut it at this level because he's got painkillers pumped into his body, he showed us what he could do in his first 3 games and then took a very bad injury.. poor guy, just hope he can bounce back from this and find himself a good job.

What job does he do exactly? Me or you could work hard, doesnt mean we'd be any use to the team.

What job does he do exactly? Me or you could work hard, doesnt mean we'd be any use to the team.

Ben Pringle's party trick, "the side-foot pass", is worth his place in the squad alone!

You must have seen him do it? He uses the side of his foot to stroke the ball to a team-mate. He gets it right sometimes.

Incredible stuff.

Ben Pringle's party trick, "the side-foot pass", is worth his place in the squad alone!

You must have seen him do it? He uses the side of his foot to stroke the ball to a team-mate. He gets it right sometimes.

Incredible stuff.

Why pay someone half a million a year to sit on the bench, when he's happy doing it for 50k? is he any worse than most of our squad, no.. not in my opinion anyway.

with squad players you've got to find the right balance, you can't have 25 players all expecting to play and on high wages!

Why pay someone half a million a year to sit on the bench, when he's happy doing it for 50k? is he any worse than most of our squad, no.. not in my opinion anyway.

with squad players you've got to find the right balance, you can't have 25 players all expecting to play and on high wages!

My tongue-in-cheek post was agreeing with both of you.

He's a fairly crap player, that's where I agree with EKR, but so are most Championship fring players, so in that regard he does do his job.

I don't dislike him that much as a player for that reason, but I would let him go actually. He's 22 now and he's not going to develop much further. The future lies with Conor Doyle, Callum Ball and Jeff Hendrick. I'm not sure either 3 have the potential to become world beaters (although Doyle is earning some serious praise from both the USA and ROI coaching staff) but they're the sort of squad players we should be looking that.

I think Pringle has fallen behind Doyle in Clough's eyes as Doyle is younger and developing quickly with youth international experience. I think Ben can play as a fringe player for us and by no means is he finished developing but he needs more competitive football than reserves.

I think Pringle has fallen behind Doyle in Clough's eyes as Doyle is younger and developing quickly with youth international experience. I think Ben can play as a fringe player for us and by no means is he finished developing but he needs more competitive football than reserves.

Doyle is picking up really quick, I didn't expect it from him this early on. I heard at the game that both first team coaches are looking to consolidate him in either the irish or american first team, although I think he'll pick America.

Good luck to him, at the minute he is a very raw player but with a little help and good coaching, he could be a good player for us in the next few years. He is certainly making himself a better prospect than Eddie Johnson (talking to a preston fan, can't stand him.. thinks he is the worst footballer he has seen)

Doyle is picking up really quick, I didn't expect it from him this early on. I heard at the game that both first team coaches are looking to consolidate him in either the irish or american first team, although I think he'll pick America.

Good luck to him, at the minute he is a very raw player but with a little help and good coaching, he could be a good player for us in the next few years. He is certainly making himself a better prospect than Eddie Johnson (talking to a preston fan, can't stand him.. thinks he is the worst footballer he has seen)

and we nearly signed him for $6million, reminds me a lot of Theo Robinson

Archived