Savage Not Respected?

rammieib

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone pick up that only three people went to celebrate with Savage after he equalised on Sat.

Even Bailey blanked him out when he was running back to his position for kick off.

Be glad when he's gone.

Are you like a behavioral psychologist or something?! How can anyone pick up on that?:confused:

Bailey said in the Telegraph how much he respected him and was still learning from him...

I've said it for the last few years that Savage is a bad player for Derby and a poor influence and that I think the other players dislike him. Call it intuition or observing body language, but I reckon it is true.

I've constantly stated that Clough's biggest mistake was extending Savage's contract and trying to build his midfield and leadership around one so scruffy, a girly pony tail pantomine dame and a Welsh failure and with a bad reputation hated by most clubs including Derby at one stage when he was cheating for Leicester.

I tend to think the other players dislike him but daren't say anything as Savage is full of himself and isn't slow in coming forward, mouthy on the Radio and self opinionated.

It is however my opinion and based on gut feeling but I am usually correct :)

I've said it for the last few years that Savage is a bad player for Derby and a poor influence and that I think the other players dislike him. Call it intuition or observing body language, but I reckon it is true.

I've constantly stated that Clough's biggest mistake was extending Savage's contract and trying to build his midfield and leadership around one so scruffy, a girly pony tail pantomine dame and a Welsh failure and with a bad reputation hated by most clubs including Derby at one stage when he was cheating for Leicester.

I tend to think the other players dislike him but daren't say anything as Savage is full of himself and isn't slow in coming forward, mouthy on the Radio and self opinionated.

It is however my opinion and based on gut feeling but I am usually correct :)

The words Tea Pot, Kettle and Black spring to mind!!

The words Tea Pot, Kettle and Black spring to mind!!

Absolutely! Well spotted me duck

I'm all of that and more!

That is why people have a go at me on forums - I'm just like Savage - Get it? :D

[sIZE=1]That is why Savage is disliked [/sIZE] :rolleyes:

Savage has been our best midfielder since he came here..

Remarkable footballer who fully deserves his 15k a week. Money definately well spent.

He's also a brilliant role model for our younger players and a good reason a few of them might not have celebrated with him is because they probably still look at him abit star-struck.

If I was the manager I'd tempt him out of retirement in all honesty.

I don't think he is disliked, I am glad he is retiring as I think his time has come but he definitely won me over.

Maybe the other players were embarrassed by how poorly they had played and realised that they were lucky to be level? Maybe just wanting to get on with the game while they were on the up? The players that were celebrating were the ones nearest to the penalty and so ran over- all of the others were quite far away. Maybe they hate Savage so much they couldn't bear to be close to him whilst he took the penalty?

Remarkable footballer who fully deserves his 15k a week. Money definately well spent.

He's also a brilliant role model for our younger players and a good reason a few of them might not have celebrated with him is because they probably still look at him abit star-struck.

Wrong section, this belongs in Jokes.

Derby were on the up when Savage scored and keen to push for a 3rd goal. Most players were already back in their positions ready for the restart, ready to get on with it. That's why they didn't spend ages celebrating with Savage. Plus it's not a lot to celebrate is it? Scraping a draw against Coventry. Hardly Man Utd are they? Team spirit is probably very low at the moment anyway.

Savage has been one of our best players of the last two years yet people still single him out for criticism. He's not been outstanding but he's been a heck of lot better than some of the other dross we've had in the team.

Has to be sarcasm, has to be...

Did anyone pick up that only three people went to celebrate with Savage after he equalised on Sat.

Even Bailey blanked him out when he was running back to his position for kick off.

Be glad when he's gone.

Just watched it again on bbc football page. As only 2 or 3 players celebrated with Davies does that mean the team don't like him too?

In Robbie Savage, Derby County has been fortunate to have one of the games 'characters'. He may not be world class, but he gives his all for Derby County, not always perfect, but then again who is? I would be very surprised to find that he was disliked in the dressing room. Did any of you see Robbie's video, which he took on the team coach returning from an away game, it was absolutely brilliant, no hint of 'dislike' there.

He is certainly a true hero with the young fans (and us ladies of a more mature age!!!) and always goes out of his way to sign autographs or pose with fans for photos.

So sorry, chaps, Robbie, in my eyes, can do no wrong. Please stay for another season Robbie, if that is not possible, good luck in all that you do and thanks for the enjoyment that you have given to your loyal fans over the years at Derby.

Val

Just watched it again on bbc football page. As only 2 or 3 players celebrated with Davies does that mean the team don't like him too?

So the only person pretty much to give a decent reply on this thread. Another forum turning into the DET one.

As for this question - teams don't celebrate when they score if they are behind.

If you just get back to 2-2 after being 2-0 down at home - you'd think they would celebrate.

Coventry celebrated both goals, and the whole team joined in!

Shows something about Team Morale in my book.

Archived