Glenn Murray - Brighton

8Leeds

Murray gets goals tho......simple.

I really like the player and am uttterly shocked that he signed for Palace. There were people doubting that he would come here! (looks like they were right tho :rolleyes:)

He hasnt and wont sign for Palace. Freeman came out and said he didnt have a clue what the article was going on about and admitted Murray would be to expensive for them. Probably just a rival supporter on a wind up.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He hasnt and wont sign for Palace. Freeman came out and said he didnt have a clue what the article was going on about and admitted Murray would be to expensive for them. Probably just a rival supporter on a wind up.

is was on sky though and they are reliable for their transfer rumours.

Quote from Freeman

He said: “It’s not true and in my experience of the game it is probably the agent trying to work Brighton for more money - and he’s just picked local rivals to wind them up.

“I know a lot of clubs are in for the kid - so why pick Crystal Palace?

“He’s on a free transfer and I expect Glenn Murray to be too expensive for us.â€

and on Murray's twitter he said he's not going to Palace.

Quote from Freeman

He said: “It’s not true and in my experience of the game it is probably the agent trying to work Brighton for more money - and he’s just picked local rivals to wind them up.

“He’s on a free transfer and I expect Glenn Murray to be too expensive for us.â€

Wouldn't waste your time mate, he doesn't like people disagreeing with him, no matter what evidence you put up!! :p;)

Quote from Freeman

Sweet.

Don't get me wrong, There's other players out there (certainly), but especially as he "could" be on a free, Then it would be a tremendous signing. Fingers crossed........................Although I'm presuming DF is right and he just might stay at Brighton.

Also, "Too expensive for us"........Surely his demands won't be that ridiculous? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Murray will struggle if/when he leaves us. He's done very little (admittedly so have Brighton) in several years with us and is only now hitting form along with every other player in our team. 'The Poyet Effect'. You still need a replacement for Hulse, perhaps since Murray is on a free it's worth a gamble. I hope he doesn't go though, but if he does i'm not worried cos Gus is the Meister!

• 3 weeks later...
Lol, its moments like those that make you wish you hadnt said anything :) Good signing for palace, i have a sneaky feeling that they will have a good season next year; they are very hard to beat at home and play some good stuff.

It will be interesting to see whether he can maintain this years form with a new club in a higher league. Gus Poyet has to take a huge amount of credit for completely transforming Brightons fortunes and getting them playing the way they have been playing. He doesnt seem to be losing too much sleep about Murray moving on and may have concluded a very shrewd bit of business by signing Hoskins from Bristol Rovers. I am far from convinced that Palace are going to transform their fortunes solely on the back of this piece of business.

It will be interesting to see whether he can maintain this years form with a new club in a higher league. Gus Poyet has to take a huge amount of credit for completely transforming Brightons fortunes and getting them playing the way they have been playing. He doesnt seem to be losing too much sleep about Murray moving on and may have concluded a very shrewd bit of business by signing Hoskins from Bristol Rovers. I am far from convinced that Palace are going to transform their fortunes solely on the back of this piece of business.

Dont get me wrong, i dont think that it is this signing that will turn palace around but look at how they finished the season and the momentum they built up under freedman. They have also become somewhat unbeatable at home which is the key to any successful side. I expect them to do more business over the summer though. Id say that it is clubs like palace that derby are competing with for players atm; if what i heard about derby wanting to sign murray is true then id say you have missed out without a doubt because i rate this lad higher than the likes of maguire (No disrespect to maguire though who could be a world beater, lol)

Dont get me wrong, i dont think that it is this signing that will turn palace around but look at how they finished the season and the momentum they built up under freedman. They have also become somewhat unbeatable at home which is the key to any successful side. I expect them to do more business over the summer though. Id say that it is clubs like palace that derby are competing with for players atm; if what i heard about derby wanting to sign murray is true then id say you have missed out without a doubt because i rate this lad higher than the likes of maguire (No disrespect to maguire though who could be a world beater, lol)

You may prove to be right and only time will tell. Murray and indeed Maguire are both unproven at Championship level. If we were to bring in a player like Murray it would have to be on the assumption that he would be expecting to be a first choice front line striker (based on his age and alledged wages). Im not sure we are comparing apples with apples on the Maguire front and it is not yet clear where Clough intends to use him. I think Murray vs Waghorn is a more relevant comparison and whoever else we chase (assuming we are looking to snare an established goalscorer). Corroborated gossip coming out of Pride Park seems to be flowing relatively freely at the moment and I am not sure or convinved of the strength of our efforts to bring in Murray - maybe I am wrong:)

Been on the cards for the last few days but i was surprised when i heard the news. Surprised Palace can afford those kind of wages and surprised he would go there, they must have been the only one willing to pay him 10k a week. To be fair, at the time i posted that, Freeman said that they basically had no chance of him going there but more fool me for believing anything a manager says.

Archived