Glenn Murray - Brighton

8Leeds

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both of those teams you have mentioned have very similar budgets to us according to Glick. We are supposed to be challenging next year, so i really can't see why we wouldn't be able to offer him wages Norwich, Leeds and Brighton could.

If what Glick has said is true then yes i agree, actions speak louder than words so we'll wait and see.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/derby-target-birmingham-veteran-phillips-1539211

Derby County are eyeing Birmingham City striker Kevin Phillips.

The 37 year-old comes off contract at St Andrew's in June and yet to hear from Blues about a new deal.

Proven championship scorer and we seem to be linked with him every year, surely not true at 37

I think secretly,we are aiming for the Midlands Masters title :D

Not interested one bit in Phillips!

Glenn Murray is a good player tho with already 20+ goals this season and bags of ambition. Considering our strikeforce is poor, Adding Murray and/or La Fondre would considerably bolster our attack. Both proven goalscorers in League 1.

The likes of Hoolahan and Holt at Norwich were proven at League 1 and took it straight into the championship. I think that can be also expected from players of La Fondre and (more relevantly) Murray.

Hope we get the pair of them to be honest!!!!

Without seeing him play, I think I'd prefer Mackail-Smith from the Posh: 24 goals and 10 assists this season.

I know he's been mentioned before, and I think Clough has highlighted him or something in the past.

Yeah he's been playing very well this season. Did the same before their championship season as well. Think he'd flourish in a better side. Shame these guys think the same:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/peterborough_united/9425263.stm

Not interested one bit in Phillips!

Glenn Murray is a good player tho with already 20+ goals this season and bags of ambition. Considering our strikeforce is poor, Adding Murray and/or La Fondre would considerably bolster our attack. Both proven goalscorers in League 1AND LEAGUE 2 RESPECTIVELY

The likes of Hoolahan and Holt at Norwich were proven at League 1 and took it straight into the championship. I think that can be also expected from players of La Fondre and (more relevantly) Murray.

Hope we get the pair of them to be honest!!!!

Is what it should have said! :rolleyes:

Wasn't there a drunk rambling section somewhere....Hmmm :D

Sorry but Murray is 27, never had a season as good as this one b4, and i think its because of Poyet, (the man i wanted as manager at DCFC b4 non league Nigel came to 'inspire' us) I agree with a previous post that Poyet has got the best from him, and i doubt NC with his 'crossed arms' approach will...

Poyet is a 'thinking mans' manager, NC has yet to develop ( if he ever will) into that...

Glenn Murray Personal information

Full name Glenn Murray

Date of birth 25 September 1983 (1983-09-25) (age 27)

Place of birth Maryport, England

Height 6 ft 1.5 in (1.87 m)

Playing position Striker

Club information

Current club Brighton & Hove Albion

Number 17

Youth career

Workington Reds

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2002–2004 Workington Reds 57 (36)

2004 Wilmington Hammerheads 14 (3)

2004 Barrow 9 (9)

2004–2007 Carlisle United 46 (5)

2006 → Stockport County (loan) 11 (3)

2006–2007 → Rochdale (loan) 12 (4)

2007–2008 Rochdale 42 (21)

2008– Brighton & Hove Albion 113 (51)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:54, 31 December 2010 (UTC).

† Appearances (Goals)

Sorry but Murray is 27, never had a season as good as this one b4, and i think its because of Poyet, (the man i wanted as manager at DCFC b4 non league Nigel came to 'inspire' us) I agree with a previous post that Poyet has got the best from him, and i doubt NC with his 'crossed arms' approach will...

Poyet is a 'thinking mans' manager, NC has yet to develop ( if he ever will) into that...

Glenn Murray Personal information

Full name Glenn Murray

Date of birth 25 September 1983 (1983-09-25) (age 27)

Place of birth Maryport, England

Height 6 ft 1.5 in (1.87 m)

Playing position Striker

Club information

Current club Brighton & Hove Albion

Number 17

Youth career

Workington Reds

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2002–2004 Workington Reds 57 (36)

2004 Wilmington Hammerheads 14 (3)

2004 Barrow 9 (9)

2004–2007 Carlisle United 46 (5)

2006 → Stockport County (loan) 11 (3)

2006–2007 → Rochdale (loan) 12 (4)

2007–2008 Rochdale 42 (21)

2008– Brighton & Hove Albion 113 (51)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:54, 31 December 2010 (UTC).

† Appearances (Goals)

True, Didn't realize he was 27. Thought maybe in the 24 region. But looking at his stats he has done well everywhere with the exception, perhaps, of carlisle (Age 21-23??) But perhaps a slow starter??. Is true that he has been in a successful team. Currently with Brighton and at a play-off playing Rochdale.

But wasn't he playing at Rochdale with La Fondre??. They may both be hitting their prime now but could be capable of stepping-up don't you think?

True, Didn't realize he was 27. Thought maybe in the 24 region. But looking at his stats he has done well everywhere with the exception, perhaps, of carlisle (Age 21-23??) But perhaps a slow starter??. Is true that he has been in a successful team. Currently with Brighton and at a play-off playing Rochdale.

But wasn't he playing at Rochdale with La Fondre??. They may both be hitting their prime now but could be capable of stepping-up don't you think?

He was sub alot at Carlisle, so those appearence stats are a bit unfair as he rarely started games for them.

Now here is a blast from the past re an ex-england striker, when you start thinking about why we sign prospects from lower division read the extract below re Ian Wright

It was during his spell at Dulwich Hamlet FC that he was spotted by Crystal Palace scout Peter Prentice and was invited for a trial at Selhurst Park, where he impressed rookie manager Steve Coppell. Wright was soon a regular in the Palace first team and finished second top scorer in his first season with 9 goals

Now can someone please tell me who the hell is Dulwich Hamlet FC.

People get hung up about what league a player is in. In a footballers career as with any sporting career a bit of luck is needed at the right time to spring board someone. Someone has already mentioned he may be a late started if he is and he is just about to kick on then let it be here I say. If he scores 13 that is has many as Hulse scored and we could have him here for longer than Hulse would have as he is 6yrs and more than our strikers we have here this season.

Now here is a blast from the past re an ex-england striker, when you start thinking about why we sign prospects from lower division read the extract below re Ian Wright

It was during his spell at Dulwich Hamlet FC that he was spotted by Crystal Palace scout Peter Prentice and was invited for a trial at Selhurst Park, where he impressed rookie manager Steve Coppell. Wright was soon a regular in the Palace first team and finished second top scorer in his first season with 9 goals

Now can someone please tell me who the hell is Dulwich Hamlet FC.

People get hung up about what league a player is in. In a footballers career as with any sporting career a bit of luck is needed at the right time to spring board someone. Someone has already mentioned he may be a late started if he is and he is just about to kick on then let it be here I say. If he scores 13 that is has many as Hulse scored and we could have him here for longer than Hulse would have as he is 6yrs and more than our strikers we have here this season.

Ryman League Division One South is where they play

Why would Murray be interested even if we did come in for him? He's playing for a class manager in a team heading for the Championship, with a new ground to play in next season in front a minimum of 14,000 fans (thats how many Brighton fans have bought season tickets already for next season).

There is absolutely no reason for him to be interested in coming to PP.

Why would Murray be interested even if we did come in for him? He's playing for a class manager in a team heading for the Championship, with a new ground to play in next season in front a minimum of 14,000 fans (thats how many Brighton fans have bought season tickets already for next season).

Same could be said for Commone when Forest came up. They only had 14000 fans watching them as well.

we were a club just relegated from EPL not the one who is heading to league one. Like we are now.

It's full of alternative people

It's got loads of grafitti

The beach isn't really a beach

The pier is no more

Long trip for most away games

Dennis Wise might turn up at anytime

Full of Londoners on weekend breaks

Be surprised how many people decide to move 'sideways' (arguably) in their career. Poyet is proving to be a good manager true, and their new stadium is going to be fantastic for them, But I don't think it's a far fetched target.

Not as far fetched as Bowyer IMO.

Archived