Glenn Murray - Brighton

8Leeds

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i thought we were going after proven championship players,:rolleyes:

It was said some names we would recognise( proven players) like Bowyer

Some we would say "who are they" like John Brayford, who it is hoped would be as much of a revelation as Brayford. Like this guy and the youngster from Torquay.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/derby-target-birmingham-veteran-phillips-1539211

Derby County are eyeing Birmingham City striker Kevin Phillips.

The 37 year-old comes off contract at St Andrew's in June and yet to hear from Blues about a new deal.

Proven championship scorer and we seem to be linked with him every year, surely not true at 37

Will score heavily at championship level;)

Glenn Murray is quality, really top player and it's only his attitude that has stopped him playing at a higher level. Poyet really seems to be getting the best out of him this season, although i cant see why he would want to leave i wouldnt be surprised if he did. I expect he's one of Brightons higher earners who can probably pay just as much as we can currently, new stadium to move into, young talented manager who's going places, minted owner who will invest and guaranteed Championship football next season. To put it bluntly, i reckon there's zero chance he'd join us.

Glenn Murray is quality, really top player and it's only his attitude that has stopped him playing at a higher level. Poyet really seems to be getting the best out of him this season, although i cant see why he would want to leave i wouldnt be surprised if he did. I expect he's one of Brightons higher earners who can probably pay just as much as we can currently, new stadium to move into, young talented manager who's going places, minted owner who will invest and guaranteed Championship football next season. To put it bluntly, i reckon there's zero chance he'd join us.

He's already rejected their contract offer and talks have broken down.

What about now?

He's already rejected their contract offer and talks have broken down.

What about now?

On Sky Sport is says that was earlier this year, and Poyet has apparently said new contracts will be sorted when promotion is guaranteed, not sure how true that is but what i've read on their forum. Even still, as i said, i wouldnt be surprised if he left but i think we'd have to offer him a big salary, something i cant see us doing on an unproven Championship striker. If he was to leave i'd expect a top Championship club with some ambition to take a punt on him, Leeds, Norwich etc.

On Sky Sport is says that was earlier this year, and Poyet has apparently said new contracts will be sorted when promotion is guaranteed, not sure how true that is but what i've read on their forum. Even still, as i said, i wouldnt be surprised if he left but i think we'd have to offer him a big salary, something i cant see us doing on an unproven Championship striker. If he was to leave i'd expect a top Championship club with some ambition to take a punt on him, Leeds, Norwich etc.

Both of those teams you have mentioned have very similar budgets to us according to Glick. We are supposed to be challenging next year, so i really can't see why we wouldn't be able to offer him wages Norwich, Leeds and Brighton could.

Archived