Lee Bowyer

ramexpat

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what a front page, I particularly enjoyed the scumbag dig

id forgotten just how trashy the uk papers are,

do people actually buy that garbage still?

i know he,s no angel at all, and people really dislike the bloke , but this is just a pure personal attack on him, hoping the the pc brigade spot the highlighted RACIST remark and then comment on it to try to impress thier so called mates,

this is just gutter press and needs looking into

i know he,s no angel at all, and people really dislike the bloke , but this is just a pure personal attack on him, hoping the the pc brigade spot the highlighted RACIST remark and then comment on it to try to impress thier so called mates,

unfortunately people do, why I have no idea. They have a cheek calling anyone a scumbag

Well it's not the first time I've been called disgusting, but I usually get a slap around the face straight after.

not you......the idea of this worm wearing the Ram.

I am sorry please get off his back a bit. This was 10yrs ago. Admittedly what he alledgely did was wrong but there has been far worse offences committed by footballers. I work within the criminal justice system and Stevie G was so lucky to get away with assualt, Ferguson (striker) for Everton in 2000 at the same time got done for headbutting a player and breaking his jaw, fashanu for breaking the cheak of Mabbutt. Marlon King sex assault. The lad from Newcastle in their midfield Barton how many chances does he want. Lee Huhes for Nott County death by dangerous and perverting the course of justice.

He was 22 pushing for England place and since then he lost this career, lost his place in what was a successful Leeds team. He has had to live with this stigma since then and in my opinion has etched out a solid game and one that has been successful in the premiership for over a decade. He has played in a European cup Semi Final, won the league cup this year. He has played over 453 first team games and can actually play football.

He WAS ACTUALLY FOUND innocent at the trial. He has been done for a minor public order offence in 2005. Now our current England Captain has been also in trouble with the police and courts and 12 months after the Bowyer incident he was arrested for an assault where it was alledged he hit someone over the head with a bottle, he was also cleared at trial. He also shagged Bridges his best mates partner. Now on peoples comments he would never be welcomed here, he should not be playing football, should not captain England.

Now sorry I am judging him as a footballer and looking at who he replacing which is Sav.

He is a better footballer than Sav, He is harder in tackles than Sav is now, he has experienced the winning mentality, he is younger than Sav but although experienced no one comments his legs have gone before he came here. He would make a positive impact on the midifeld and would show the likes of Bailey the attacking element of attacking the box looking for the ball in and around the 6yrd box, he attacks the box better than Green and would score about 6-10 goals in championship. Further to this Brimingham are not looking at offering him a new contract, apart from Blackpool if they stop up when they lose Micky Adams could not see who else in Prem who would offer him a contract and therefore he would have a point to prove and would want us to get promoted for one last chance at prem before retiring. Lastly he is not being side tracked by his hair, trying to look swanky or concentrating on 606 like Sav and is purely wanting to play football.

Therefore I would welcome him and would look forawrd to watching him.

I am sorry please get off his back a bit. This was 10yrs ago. Admittedly what he alledgely did was wrong but there has been far worse offences committed by footballers. I work within the criminal justice system and Stevie G was so lucky to get away with assualt, Ferguson (striker) for Everton in 2000 at the same time got done for headbutting a player and breaking his jaw, fashanu for breaking the cheak of Mabbutt. Marlon King sex assault. The lad from Newcastle in their midfield Barton how many chances does he want. Lee Huhes for Nott County death by dangerous and perverting the course of justice.

He was 22 pushing for England place and since then he lost this career, lost his place in what was a successful Leeds team. He has had to live with this stigma since then and in my opinion has etched out a solid game and one that has been successful in the premiership for over a decade. He has played in a European cup Semi Final, won the league cup this year. He has played over 453 first team games and can actually play football.

He WAS ACTUALLY FOUND innocent at the trial. He has been done for a minor public order offence in 2005. Now our current England Captain has been also in trouble with the police and courts and 12 months after the Bowyer incident he was arrested for an assault where it was alledged he hit someone over the head with a bottle, he was also cleared at trial. He also shagged Bridges his best mates partner. Now on peoples comments he would never be welcomed here, he should not be playing football, should not captain England.

Now sorry I am judging him as a footballer and looking at who he replacing which is Sav.

He is a better footballer than Sav, He is harder in tackles than Sav is now, he has experienced the winning mentality, he is younger than Sav but although experienced no one comments his legs have gone before he came here. He would make a positive impact on the midifeld and would show the likes of Bailey the attacking element of attacking the box looking for the ball in and around the 6yrd box, he attacks the box better than Green and would score about 6-10 goals in championship. Further to this Brimingham are not looking at offering him a new contract, apart from Blackpool if they stop up when they lose Micky Adams could not see who else in Prem who would offer him a contract and therefore he would have a point to prove and would want us to get promoted for one last chance at prem before retiring. Lastly he is not being side tracked by his hair, trying to look swanky or concentrating on 606 like Sav and is purely wanting to play football.

Therefore I would welcome him and would look forawrd to watching him.

mate , i agree with you 100%

Newcastle midfielder Lee Bowyer has broken his silence on the incident which led to his departure from Leeds United a year ago by asserting that he is not a racist.

The Newcastle midfielder Lee Bowyer has broken his silence on the incident which led to his departure from Leeds United a year ago by asserting that he is not a racist.

The 26-year-old was cleared of attacking the Asian student Sarfraz Najeib outside a Leeds nightclub in January 2000, but the effects of the case - which included being disciplined by his club - persuaded Bowyer that his future lay away from Elland Road.

After a brief spell with West Ham last season Bowyer was snapped up by Newcastle and is set to make his home Premiership debut at St James' Park in today's game against Manchester United.

"I am no racist," Bowyer said. "I have never been and I never will be. I thought it was best for me to keep quiet about what happened in the past and there were also legal implications and there was no reason for me to come forward and say anything.

"If people were inferring that I was a racist, well that's their opinion, but it was ludicrous really. I was brought up in a mixed community in London and all my friends and schoolboy pals were from different nationalities.

"All this has been going on for a long time now and I have not been in a position to back myself up if you like but now I want to put the record straight.

"I have always supported the Keep Racism out of Football campaign when I was at Charlton with my pal Carl Leaburn and at Leeds with Lucas Radebe. It is something I have always supported but people seem to forget that these days."

its about time the press and the know it alls, finally stfu and leave him alone, when your proved innocent then that is what you are, so for the racist remarks tread careful!

I think there was some basis for this. There was his reported use of racist language when he was found guilty of violently assaulting a server at a McDonalds in London. But maybe that was just youthful high spirits. Also, it could have been just his ‘bad luck’ that the person he was drunkenly chasing through the streets of Leeds turned out to be Asian. (I think he paid a lot of money to that person in an out of court settlement of some sort).

Anyway, I’m no expert on LB, or the violence he seems to get involved with off the pitch; but as far as I’m concerned he’s not welcome at PP. I don’t want to see someone in a Derby shirt deliberately stamp on an opposition player when they are on the ground (as he did recently in a Birmingham shirt) or assault his own team mate on the pitch (as he did at Newcastle). We’re all desperate to see a bit of experience and genuine quality on the pitch next season. But please, not Lee Bowyer.

I think there was some basis for this. There was his reported use of racist language when he was found guilty of violently assaulting a server at a McDonalds in London. But maybe that was just youthful high spirits. Also, it could have been just his ‘bad luck’ that the person he was drunkenly chasing through the streets of Leeds turned out to be Asian. (I think he paid a lot of money to that person in an out of court settlement of some sort).

Anyway, I’m no expert on LB, or the violence he seems to get involved with off the pitch; but as far as I’m concerned he’s not welcome at PP. I don’t want to see someone in a Derby shirt deliberately stamp on an opposition player when they are on the ground (as he did recently in a Birmingham shirt) or assault his own team mate on the pitch (as he did at Newcastle). We’re all desperate to see a bit of experience and genuine quality on the pitch next season. But please, not Lee Bowyer.

well said

I was dubious when we signed Sav, but I draw the line at Bowyer. I wouldn't care if was as good as Torres (was!), I refuse to to support scum. I have heard that we are also after Diouff, Lee Hughes, Marlon King and Joey Barton. Who cares if they are the absolute dregs of the human race- win at any cost! NO THANKS!!!!

I was dubious when we signed Sav, but I draw the line at Bowyer. I wouldn't care if was as good as Torres (was!), I refuse to to support scum. I have heard that we are also after Diouff, Lee Hughes, Marlon King and Joey Barton. Who cares if they are the absolute dregs of the human race- win at any cost! NO THANKS!!!!

Dregs of the human race? Are you mental? You talk as if these poeple are Hitler, Stalin and Hussain.

Sure, they are flawed and have made mistakes in life. They are clearly not as perfect as people like you.

Lee Hughes served is time as decided by the justice system. He and those people who have done their time and paid their dues are fine by me.

If you think their sentence was lenient, then that is not their fault. It is the systems.

These are my questions.

1. Is he able to improve the squad?

2. If yes to 1, when can he start?

Am I mental? Maybe for continuing to engage the minority of the ****** on this forum in reasoned debate.

If you are happy to cheer on people who repeatedly spit in other peoples faces and cheat however and where ever possible. Maybe you wish you could show support for someone who fled the scene of an accident, leaving an innocent human being dying in the street. Would you like to applaud a man(?) who has been convicted of beating women or line the pockets of a weasel who ruined a young man's life and career by stubbing a lit cigar in his eye? And for good measure idolise a racist thug then I think that you should take a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror. Yes I think their punishments were lenient, they should have served harsher punishments/time. Be that as it may football should turn its back on these reprobates and take a stand. Why should they be given another chance (or 4 or 5) just because they happen to be good at football?

Maybe they are not Hitler, but he was one man who grew into the evil we know him to be through support of the common man- willing to turn the other cheek to atrocities. We are the first to moan that a local thug has "got away with it" but happy to idolise scum because they can kick a ball.

Am I mental? Maybe for continuing to engage the minority of the ****** on this forum in reasoned debate.

If you are happy to cheer on people who repeatedly spit in other peoples faces and cheat however and where ever possible. Maybe you wish you could show support for someone who fled the scene of an accident, leaving an innocent human being dying in the street. Would you like to applaud a man(?) who has been convicted of beating women or line the pockets of a weasel who ruined a young man's life and career by stubbing a lit cigar in his eye? And for good measure idolise a racist thug then I think that you should take a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror. Yes I think their punishments were lenient, they should have served harsher punishments/time. Be that as it may football should turn its back on these reprobates and take a stand. Why should they be given another chance (or 4 or 5) just because they happen to be good at football?

Maybe they are not Hitler, but he was one man who grew into the evil we know him to be through support of the common man- willing to turn the other cheek to atrocities. We are the first to moan that a local thug has "got away with it" but happy to idolise scum because they can kick a ball.

Never read so much...

TRUTH! (imo)

Top post, Shilts. Couldn't agree more.

Archived