Brad Jones - Liverpool

sunnyside

There is most definately more to life than football and he should take compassionate leave as and when he wants it to be with his family.

However it does seem strange that Derby went ahead with the loan despite being aware of the terrible situation.

Not really that strange, he wants to play, we needed a goalkeeper.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was he good?

There's not many videos of him.

He was rated the best in the World in those days. But then again, as you rightly point out, video coverage of football from then is sparse, so it is more difficult to compare him in his day against other keepers of his time, or other eras.

There is most definately more to life than football and he should take compassionate leave as and when he wants it to be with his family.

However it does seem strange that Derby went ahead with the loan despite being aware of the terrible situation.

It maybe that's how to he wants to cope with it, keep himself busy, throws himself into work, that what my dad did when I had cancer when I was 3.

It maybe that's how to he wants to cope with it, keep himself busy, throws himself into work, that what my dad did when I had cancer when I was 3.

I agree with this concept, being busy is better and for this lad football is his escape from it. He still has the bills to play

I agree when ever a cross comes in he seems to parry the ball into dangerous areas, personally i think this guy may cost us when it matters.

The rest of the season doesn't matter in terms of results, he won't cost us anything. Really feel for the guy, must be terrible, hope we can help him out in anyway that he needs

I've only just seen this...how awful.

My sisters niece (her husbands, sisters little girl, bear with me ;)) has got cancer, she's 4 years old. 4, and having to go through things that me and you can't imagine.

I know when anything happens to my kids, it hits me twice as hard.

I hope Brad and his family stay strong.

I agree with this concept, being busy is better and for this lad football is his escape from it. He still has the bills to play

I too agree that it makes sense from Brad's point of view, keep busy at a club that it probably not too far away from his home.

I just meant it was strange that Derby should loan a keeper to play matches who may need to withdraw from playing to be with his family.

Just an observation, not knocking Brad for wanting to play at all.

You are obviously a battler Hucknall, more power to you for that :)

Archived