Brad Jones - Liverpool

sunnyside

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just think there more things like Clough playing players out position, which just so happens to be when Bywater is in goal has a massive effects on the stats. IMO Bywater is a good keeper, if we had Fielding on loan for the season fighting for the number one shirt you would see the best of him, and maybe even more from Fielding, Bywater's best form has been when Camp, Grant and Carroll was here. Deeney provides no competition and this (IMO) has a effect on his form.

anyway Brad Jones......

Brad Jones.... Well should be a good signing for the last 8 games. I think his experience will be key for us and there is the premiership training he has received. Always done pretty well for Borough who have had a similar run to us over the last couple of seasons before leaving. Prem and European experience, vital for our young players and think he will have same positive impact as Fielding had when he came as he wants to play and just wants to do well and comes in with confidence. Think this is very good business, like the fact that we are starting to form a relationship with Liverpool. I do have a feeling the new American owners are trying to revert to the Liverpool way. Look at how they managing the Dalglish contract, no rush behind close doors and not in public. They have always looked after their former players and maybe this is the case now with helping us out twice in a matter of a month.

• 2 weeks later...

He didn't have a lot to do at Cardiff except pick the ball out the net. Didn't really have a chance with the goals.

I put him in the category of being a decent shot stopper but little else which will stop him ever being a great keeper. At this level it's not shot stopping that counts, it's taking crosses, judging the ball over the back four and commanding your area to instill confidence in your defence.

Terrible news, all the best Brad and family, being on loan away from home etc can't be helping either- there are things far more important than football and there would be no shame in taking some time out. I think we are safe now so we may as well give a young keeper a few games til the end of the season.

There is most definately more to life than football and he should take compassionate leave as and when he wants it to be with his family.

However it does seem strange that Derby went ahead with the loan despite being aware of the terrible situation.

Makes Bywater look like Lev Yashin!

I am not a great fan of Bywater but that is a bit harsh. Yashin lost a leg and then died. I am sure Bywater is much better than that.

I did see Lev Yashin play for the RotW XI against Stoke City for Stanley Matthews farewell match!!! Does that make me very old?

I am not a great fan of Bywater but that is a bit harsh. Yashin lost a leg and then died. I am sure Bywater is much better than that.

I did see Lev Yashin play for the RotW XI against Stoke City for Stanley Matthews farewell match!!! Does that make me very old?

Was he good?

There's not many videos of him.

Archived