Brad Jones - Liverpool

sunnyside

League

Schmeichel: Played 29 Conceded 39

Bywater: Played 22 Conceded 32

Clean Sheets

Schmeichel: 8

Bywater: 4

7 games, 7 goals, 4 clean sheets difference, I would give you ratios but I'm a dumbass. It's probably not a fair example because given 7 games the Bywater haters will say he would concede around 80 goals, but chuck in...

2x clean sheets

2x defeats conceding 1 goal

2 x defats conceding 2 goals

1x defeat conceding 3 goals

You would be looking at very close stats, I mean obviously you could say well noooooo he we would lose 4 goals every game.

My bad for using him as an example.

Look at saves per league game too though

KS 148 saves in 29 games

SB 108 saves in 26 games.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable with KS in goal than SB.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look at saves per game too though

KS 148 saves in 29 total games

SB 108 saves in 26 games.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable with KS in goal than SB.

Shot's on target to shot's saved whould be a more interesting stat.

Bywater last season in the League.....

Played: 42

Conceded: 60

Clean Sheets: 15

Can't work ratios out, would like to see that compared against Kasper Schmeichel this season. Games to concede and games to clean sheets.

Can we not just say Fielding is the better keeper?

How are you judging that, based on this season? like I say Bywater has had an off form season I'm not denying that.

What I've said from the start is that both keepers have flaws, I don't see Fielding as the next messiah like others. I believe he would do a good job for us yes, but I also believe that Bywater could just as equally do a good job.

Who would I prefer? on balance possibly Fielding due to his age and lower wages but it doesn't alter the fact the kid has faults and will make mistakes that will cost us goals in a full season between the sticks.

Would I be upset if we went into next season with Bywater in goal? no I wouldn't, I would hope he's had a decent summer chilling out and ready to start a fresh next season.

Bywater last season in the League.....

Played: 42

Conceded: 60

Clean Sheets: 15

Can't work ratios out, would like to see that compared against Kasper Schmeichel this season. Games to concede and games to clean sheets.

Goals per game is about the same, around 1.5 per game. Clean sheets they are 1 in just under 3 games for SB and KS is 1 in just under 4 games. So quite similar but SB had a better CS ratio.

Just to throw another name into the hat, Lee Camp has made 12 clean sheets this season in 38 games league games.

So 15 Clean sheets out of 42 games in a team that was down the bottom most of the season is good is it not then?

In general I don't think the stats have helped me out here other than that one, and obviously not going to games has also made my opinion even more worthless but I still believe that Bywater is not as **** as people are making out on here this season.

I dint think Bywater is a poor keeper. He does have a problem with shots low to his left on occasion. His distribution is woeful and I think the defence aren't confident in him.

There have been games where he has only needed to make a couple of saves and didn't make them ( QPR, Ipswich for example) to give us wins.

A good keeper makes the saves to win games when they are only asked to make two or three in a game.

His made some mistakes this season definitely, mistakes that have cost us points as well but the defence has also let him down on numerous occasions.

You talk about the confidence thing but Barker and Moxey both played with Bywater last season and he kept 15 clean sheets, what has happened since then?

I would say that Barker carrying an injury all season has not helped matters and being off the pace may have affected the other defenders alongside him. After a slow start Barker was a rock last season and that shows with Bywater's stats, had we had the Barker from last year would we even be talking about this?

If we sign Fielding in the summer he will come in for alot of criticism, set pieces he is all over the place at times. Last minute corners, whipped in free kicks will cost us points.

The thing is I understand we are in the Championship, we are never going to have a real messiah in goal like Van Der Sar or Peter Schmeichel. Fielding is being bigged up by alot of fans, I just think expectations of him and Derby players in general should be lowered slightly.

I'm rambling now and need to find a stream for Wales v England, just leave Ratty alone!

I believe games per ratio probably equal. And this argument re Green is mute as this is a position he can play, and also his best games this year have been at right back.

Bywater is crap, he has been a cancer in the changing room hence the twitter gate and he has been like this since last year. His bottom lip came out when Fielding came and got the backing from the fans instead of the groans at the game as another kick go waywards and no where near a Derby Player, when he comes out and flaps at a ball. Like the game v QPR last year when he came out to take a throw in through it across the pitch to Macevely with a player standing on him and allowed them to score in pretty much open space. When he puts a defender under presure, when he comes for a cross and stops and allows the attacker to have a free header like reading at home this year. When he does not control his penalty box, when he gets a cross shot low to his right, do you want me to keep on going. Can I ask if you go to games or listen to the radio because if you went to the games surely you have seen this if not this would explain in some sense why you defend someone who has only helped us secure 14pts with him in goal out of I think 69pts.

Like daveo says am a season ticket holder, have been for the last 15 years, and already renewed for next season. I am also a goalkeeper, so I know that you get remembered for the one mistake rather than the six saves you make. The point am trying make which I think u failing to see, there more factors than who in goal,

Oh no, that old peach has popped up again.

Your opinion is invalid because you don't go to games twaddle, (Hucknall is actually a ST holder). If you want to pull that out why come on a forum when most members are those who cannot get to games hence use forums to keep upto date with Derby?

"Bywater is crap, he has been a cancer in the changing room hence the twitter gate" Can I ask do you sit in the changing room or do you just listen to rumours on the internet?

In your post you talk about flapping at crosses, now I don't go to games and you can think what you like about that but I listen to every game and watch the highlights on Rams Player and the FLS.

I have seen with my own eyes Fielding flapping at set pieces and it's cringworthy, Nigel said when he joined that the defence will have to remember that Fielding cannot come out and collect crosses and the defence will have to help him out, they don't and Fielding comes out and get's in all sorts of problems. Like I say seen with my own eyes.

You can compare stats all you like but the 10 players in front of the keeper are just as important. During our best form this season not only did we have Fielding but we had Kuqi up front, Kuqi was able to hold the ball up and take the pressure off the defence. Bywater didn't have that luxury, he's had a mixture of Moxey, Commons, Porter and Davies up front.

If Bywater is such a crap keeper can you tell me why the fans voted him runner up player of the season last year?...I'll tell you why, because despite his shocking kicking he kept us in many games with his shot stopping.

This season Bywater has been out of form, that doesn't make him **** it makes him out of form. Big big difference.

I accept the not going comment, but surely no one can actually defend his performances this yr as they have been shocking and Cardiff fans want rid!!. Also the twitter gate has been a thread on here and all it takes is one person to upset the changing room and after he was made to apologise on club website for his art masterpiece he has not been happy.

If I remember rightly Sav also won the club player of the year. Bywater was the only one ever present in team, we were poor last year and ended up with mainly loans and no players remained fit all season. This was proven when Barker won it on his second half fo the season performance.

Secondly Commons was in the team for Bywater and Fielding, Fielding also had Moore for last 5 games who stood still admittedly scored 3 good goals but not a lot else.

Thirdly Fielding come back we have taken as many points in 5 games as Bywater in nearly 20 games.

Stats do not lie. Cardiff are slipping down the table and they were in second when he went in goal not won a game with him in net surely two clubs in one season is no coincidence.

Like daveo says am a season ticket holder, have been for the last 15 years, and already renewed for next season. I am also a goalkeeper, so I know that you get remembered for the one mistake rather than the six saves you make. The point am trying make which I think u failing to see, there more factors than who in goal,

Sorry for comments about going, and I do agree there is more factors than just the goalkeeper, but his basics are not there. How many times in a game do you groan at his distribution, he puts his back four under pressure, commands his penatly box, come and colllected a cross doesn't come out for corners which puts us under pressure.

I agree mistakes are remembered as people look at the Swansea flap which cost us, first time he missed one. The one good thing is he hasn;t been beaten by distance yet. Bullard knocked on from 35yrds at ours which he should have stopped, then he was beaten twice by him in his second game from cardiff.

Please look at the comments by cardiff fans to see what they think and then you will see it is not just me who has these views

I just think there more things like Clough playing players out position, which just so happens to be when Bywater is in goal has a massive effects on the stats. IMO Bywater is a good keeper, if we had Fielding on loan for the season fighting for the number one shirt you would see the best of him, and maybe even more from Fielding, Bywater's best form has been when Camp, Grant and Carroll was here. Deeney provides no competition and this (IMO) has a effect on his form.

anyway Brad Jones......

After your last 2 performances at LB I would say you that you are better out than in!!;)

Archived