Brad Jones - Liverpool

sunnyside

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to RD, Duke has been recalled by Hull. Clough has used his extensive contacts within (Liverpool) football (club) and secured Jones for the rest of the season.

I think this is a good signing, especially done so quickly. I guess Clough knew there was a possibility that Duke would be recalled since Hull's other 2 keepers have been struggling for fitness lately, so perhaps he had this option lined up and ready to go. Jones has got some good experience behind him and having been at Boro he's used to playing behind a dodgy defence.

Decent keeper that could hold down a number 1 shirt at many clubs but decided to go and play backup at Liverpool and put his career on hold.

More than happy to see him inbetween the sticks for the remainder of the season. Interesting that we didn't use the recall option and bring Bywater back.

I like Bywater...maybe abit twisted in the head but he's a decent keeper that's having a bad season, happens in football. You don't become a bad keeper overnight, and the messiah Fielding hasn't exactly been mistake free since coming back but he's Frank Fielding so we can overlook those.

Someone posted this last week:

"So in 23 games with Bywater we have amassed total 14pts conceded 38 goals just short of 2 a game. With Fielding in goal we have collected 30 pts out of 45pts from 15 games. Pts per game raio for Fielding 2pts and Bywater 0.6."

Says it all for me.

What the mistake against Swansea and people still gave him 7 or 8 out of ten match rating, if that was Bywater he would of got 3 or 4 out of ten, rat out, Clough out and board out.

I agree people on here make him out to better than he is, but he is better than Bywater....poor, poor Cardiff fans.

"So in 23 games with Bywater we have amassed total 14pts conceded 38 goals just short of 2 a game. With Fielding in goal we have collected 30 pts out of 45pts from 15 games. Pts per game raio for Fielding 2pts and Bywater 0.6."

Says it all for me.

Wait surly alot depends on the other 10 players playing and who we where playing against at time

Says it all for me.

What back 4 has been in front of the keepers for those games tho, how many fit genuine strikers that took the pressure of the defence have both keepers had?

It's easy to blame the keeper but the players in front of you make a huge difference. Fielding has been lucky being at the club when we had our good spell with Kuqi and Moore upfront.

After Fielding went back we had Porter learning to walk again and Davies coming back from how many months out?

Recently we've had a regular back 4 of Roberts, Ayala, Barker, Brayford. Having a regular back 4 helps any team out.

For me those stats mean jack.

Yes there are variables, but confidence, distribution, organisation are all variables aswell.

If I was a defender I wouldn't feel that confident during set pieces with Fielding in goal, seeing this 5ft little bald kid come flapping around makes me cringe even when I'm watching the highlights 2 or 3 days after the game.

I don't dislike the kid and I would be happy to see him as our number 1 next season, he just has flaws as does Bywater. Given a full season inbetween the sticks and the messiah status wears off he will come in for some flak.

If I was a defender I wouldn't feel that confident during set pieces with Fielding in goal, seeing this 5ft little bald kid come flapping around makes me cringe even when I'm watching the highlights 2 or 3 days after the game.

I don't dislike the kid and I would be happy to see him as our number 1 next season, he just has flaws as does Bywater. Given a full season inbetween the sticks and the messiah status wears off he will come in for some flak.

I agree with you on most of that. But i think Bywater was the real weak link and in the dressing room aswell.

No, just no.

Archived