McCormack - Leeds United

davenportram

http://www.thisisssausagehorpe.co.uk/sport/Iron-unlikely-snap-McCormack/article-3350232-detail/article.html

SsausageHORPE United's hopes of trying to lure striker Ross McCormack to Glanford Park may have hit the buffers.

The Iron are believed to have enquired about taking the 24-year-old on loan in a bid to boost their options in attack, but the Telegraph understands Leeds United want to hold on to his services until the end of the season.

"It's difficult for Ross but he's got his head down in training and he'll be an option between now and the end of the season," said Leeds manager Simon Grayson when asked about the player's status a week ago.

McCormack cost Leeds £350,000 when he signed at Elland Road in August, but has found first-team chances limited.

He has started only four matches for the Whites and has not even made the bench during the past fortnight.

Derby County are also tracking the Scot, but unless Leeds change their mind about the player's availability – ahead of Thursday's deadline for loan signings – he looks to be staying put.

Ssausagehorpe's move for McCormack comes just days after chairman Steve Wharton told the Telegraph he had tried to lure former striker Paul Hayes back to Glanford Park, only to see the move turned down by Preston.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.thisisssausagehorpe.co.uk/sport/Iron-unlikely-snap-McCormack/article-3350232-detail/article.html

SsausageHORPE United's hopes of trying to lure striker Ross McCormack to Glanford Park may have hit the buffers.

The Iron are believed to have enquired about taking the 24-year-old on loan in a bid to boost their options in attack, but the Telegraph understands Leeds United want to hold on to his services until the end of the season.

"It's difficult for Ross but he's got his head down in training and he'll be an option between now and the end of the season," said Leeds manager Simon Grayson when asked about the player's status a week ago.

McCormack cost Leeds £350,000 when he signed at Elland Road in August, but has found first-team chances limited.

He has started only four matches for the Whites and has not even made the bench during the past fortnight.

Derby County are also tracking the Scot, but unless Leeds change their mind about the player's availability – ahead of Thursday's deadline for loan signings – he looks to be staying put.

Ssausagehorpe's move for McCormack comes just days after chairman Steve Wharton told the Telegraph he had tried to lure former striker Paul Hayes back to Glanford Park, only to see the move turned down by Preston.

sign him up please.

McCormack,Davies and Ward is the start of a nice little strike force

I don't know whether to be happy or sad. Happy he didn't mean James Beattie but sad that he believes Craig Beattie is perfect for us and would be a good striker. :frown:

happy, it's not James and Craig would be alright. he's a decent championship striker, decent back up

happy, it's not James and Craig would be alright. he's a decent championship striker, decent back up

I wouldn't even have him as that tbh. But my opinion is different and he won't come here anyway. Seems to be enjoying his time at Swansea. Good luck to him I suppose.

I think Leeds have adopted our old 4-2-3-1 formation (probably after we demolished them using it at Elland Road), hence why perhaps he's been struggling to get in the side. I think McCormack with a good target man next to him would get us alot of goals. He had a great season for Cardiff a couple of years ago when he played up front for most of it and got at least 20 goals.

I think Leeds have adopted our old 4-2-3-1 formation (probably after we demolished them using it at Elland Road), hence why perhaps he's been struggling to get in the side. I think McCormack with a good target man next to him would get us alot of goals. He had a great season for Cardiff a couple of years ago when he played up front for most of it and got at least 20 goals.

Most of those were penaltys though

Archived