Billy Jones, Preston

uttoxram75

Managers can come out with the occasional comment fair enough. It was week in week out until Appleby had a word with Clough and told him to stop it!

Your previous post said they never do it? Also clough hasn't 'publicly executed' since, there have been 2 games where he singled out players for criticism after games and the other was florist away. He said Jones was at fault for the goals against Brizzle also but that is what everyone knew and thought. (But I guess that is ok)

Also do you think AA was being polite and offering a good customer service? Could it be more for the fact that the PFA tried to get involved?

Clough got slated by people when he never did a press confrence after Crawley, as he would have had a go at all the players, but when he came out against Pompey and has a go at a player, the same people are having a go at him? What is he supposed to do? 'We played very well and were very unlucky' after every game?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skysports.com understands Bristol City are leading the hunt to sign Preston defender Billy Jones.

Jones has confirmed his intention to leave Preston this summer after seeing out his contract at Deepdale.

Preston were keen to keep hold of Jones, but they were unable to agree a new deal with the former Crewe man.

The 24-year-old has been one of Preston's shining lights in a disappointing season which has seen them suffer relegation.

A number of clubs, including Derby, have expressed an interest in Jones, but Bristol City are hoping to lure the player to Ashton Gate.

Robins boss Keith Millen is keen to bolster his full-back options and he sees Jones as a key addition to his squad for next season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6927265,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Skysports.com understands Bristol City are leading the hunt to sign Preston defender Billy Jones.

Jones has confirmed his intention to leave Preston this summer after seeing out his contract at Deepdale.

Preston were keen to keep hold of Jones, but they were unable to agree a new deal with the former Crewe man.

The 24-year-old has been one of Preston's shining lights in a disappointing season which has seen them suffer relegation.

A number of clubs, including Derby, have expressed an interest in Jones, but Bristol City are hoping to lure the player to Ashton Gate.

Robins boss Keith Millen is keen to bolster his full-back options and he sees Jones as a key addition to his squad for next season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6927265,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think we should be beating Bristol to players, I am not surprised to see a number of clubs in for him and I'm guessing he is one of the 'out of contract' players we have approached, along with Norris.

I think we should be beating Bristol to players, I am not surprised to see a number of clubs in for him and I'm guessing he is one of the 'out of contract' players we have approached, along with Norris.

I hope you're right. These 2 would be great additions to the squad.

• 4 weeks later...
West Brom are now apparently leading the race to sign him according to Sky Sports News! Shame - he would be a very useful addition.

Jones's best position is right back and we already have one better than him. He would be a utility player for us. Not heartbroken.

Jones's best position is right back and we already have one better than him. He would be a utility player for us. Not heartbroken.

agreed

hmmm, looks like WBA are taking the good defenders from the championship, first McAuley and now Jones... I would of liked both here, but as already said Jones said he wanted to shake the utlity label off and be a right back. I prefer Brayford.

A friend of mine knows Billy Jones. Apparently his contract at WBA is 17K per week plus a 15K win bonus. On top of that he's getting a signing on fee spread over his contract that works out at another £100K per year.

If that is true then he is well out of our price range anyway.

there was another billy jones who played for crewe....a shitey left back.....perhaps we could have him?

(Genius move by Dario btw...lose Billy Jones and sign a replacement also called Billy Jones).

Archived