Billy Jones, Preston

uttoxram75

Preston defender Billy Jones has revealed his desire to leave the club following their relegation from the Championship.

A number of clubs are thought to be waiting in the wings to sign the highly-rated Jones following Preston's drop into League One.

Everton have been credited with an interest in the 24-year-old and Jones admits he would love the chance to play in the Premier League.

"I'm going to miss Preston but unfortunately I feel as though I have to move on, improve personally as a player and hopefully get a crack at the Premier League," Jones told the club's official website.

"I'm hoping that maybe a Premier League team out there is willing to give me a chance.

"I think I have proven myself in the Championship but it is whether teams are going to give me a chance. The plan is to try and get there if I can but if not then maybe a top Championship team which could get promoted to the top flight."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6915177,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Think this rules us out of this one

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on how serious we are about hitting the playoffs next season and whether or not Glick and Co. can sell the club to him.

At the moment we're not one of the top Championship teams, but neither were we when the LoG came in, and we managed to get some decent players during that summer.

Thing is, we need a decent signing to be the first one announced. Much like when we signed Steve Howard for £1m. That signing was a signal of intent, both for fans and potential recruits alike.

I see on the DET site today Nigel seems to indicate that we might be able to shell out £3m on a striker depending on what fees we get for outgoing players. He could be taliking about selling Leacock, Bywater, Varney and Cwyka but I'm not sure they would raise much over a million as a job lot.

The one really saleable asset we have is Brayford. As a previous thread mention a moderatly realistic £2.5m, I wonder if the plan is to sell Brayford and replace him with Jones, whilst putting the difference to the 'buy a proper striker' fund?

I see on the DET site today Nigel seems to indicate that we might be able to shell out £3m on a striker depending on what fees we get for outgoing players. He could be taliking about selling Leacock, Bywater, Varney and Cwyka but I'm not sure they would raise much over a million as a job lot.

The one really saleable asset we have is Brayford. As a previous thread mention a moderatly realistic £2.5m, I wonder if the plan is to sell Brayford and replace him with Jones, whilst putting the difference to the 'buy a proper striker' fund?

I'd be keeping Cwyka, but it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to leave due to the ******** Clough gave him earlier in the season.

I'd be keeping Cwyka, but it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to leave due to the ******** Clough gave him earlier in the season.

Cywka stated that he never had a problem with it, it was some fans that thought Clough was in the wrong. Get over it.

him, if he was really annoyed at Clough then why would he be scared of upsetting him. Tomasz Cywka has no problem, so why do you?

Did I say I had a problem with it? I was just saying that Cywka might have had.

We have this debate about Clough was wrong Clough was right over Cywka. It was the media who blew it out of proportion and other managers since has slagged off players on TV so what. They are in the public limelight they get paid well to do a job we would all love to be doing, he said there is no problem, the PFA has said he has wrong and would be looking at speaking to the palyer and if there was a problem then they would seek action nothing came of this. This was about 3 months ago and has long since been forgotten since we have retained our league status and bears no relevance to this thread. Bored of this topic you may have guessed lol

Now got that out the way isn't this thread about Jones or has it gone so far of the mark:D

him, if he was really annoyed at Clough then why would he be scared of upsetting him. Tomasz Cywka has no problem, so why do you?

Is this sort of public criticism good for a players confidence?

It is unprofessional, do you here any of the top managers slagging there players off in this manner? Answer No, thats why they are successful, they build a work ethic and team spirit that can't be rivaled.

Do you have a managerial role in your employment?

If you do would you slate your employees in this fashion?

If you don't would you like to be publically slated infornt of your colleagues in this manner?

Very poor management!

Back on topic - Love to see Jones here.

It is unprofessional, do you here any of the top managers slagging there players off in this manner? Answer No, thats why they are successful, they build a work ethic and team spirit that can't be rivaled.

If you don't would you like to be publically slated infornt of your colleagues in this manner?

Very poor management!

Brian did it he was ok at management ;)

Brian did it he was ok at management ;)

There is a difference between a ribbing on the training ground to a public execution with the media! Brian never slated his players to the media in post match interviews!

Very poor management!

Steve Bruce has in recent weeks, can't remeber what player, but he called him stupid!!

Steve Bruce has in recent weeks, can't remeber what player, but he called him stupid!!

Managers can come out with the occasional comment fair enough. It was week in week out until Appleby had a word with Clough and told him to stop it!

There is a difference between a ribbing on the training ground to a public execution with the media! Brian never slated his players to the media in post match interviews!

Clough described Carr in typical idiosyncratic fashion as the best bloody corner flag hitter in the country, if only that was where the net was

Clough described Carr in typical idiosyncratic fashion as the best bloody corner flag hitter in the country, if only that was where the net was

There is a difference between sarcasm and a public execution!

That's just a lie, pure and simple. Appleby hasn't said anything to Clough

What gives you the right to call me a liar? How would you know what has been said and what hasn't???

I exchanged emails with Andy Appleby, who told me he was going to have a word after I complained. He slated a player a week later and then the public executions have stopped. Why is that then? Coincidence???

Your posts are pompus, the fact that you are asking to be a mod is laughable. They are supposed to be peace keepers, which you clearly are not.

What gives you the right to call me a liar?

I exchanged emails with Andy Appleby, who told me he was going to have a word after I complained. He slated a player a week later and then the public executions have stopped. Why is that then? Coincidence???

Your posts are pompus, the fact that you are asking to be a mod is laughable. They are supposed to be peace keepers, which you clearly are not.

Yeah right, so some random emails andy appleby and he has a word with Clough, don't believe it. public executions, sure that's dramatic enough, Clough rarely did it anyway

I'm clearly joking, although I'd make a bloody good mod, rid the forum of wums

Archived