Billy Jones, Preston

uttoxram75

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A genuine good player, I am really surprised the way his career has gone I expected him to be a high roller at this point in his career, again it's not gone well for him, if we was to get him on a free then it would be a great signing.

He is the sort of player that is good enough for a promotion push, I doubt when he does leave their will only be us and bristol in for him, I could imagine plenty of teams will be after him.. Its hard to get excited about this because we would be stupid not to put our name in the hat, but their will be plenty of people in the hat.

I'd imagine he's the sort of player Rangers and Celtic come sniffing around? They seem to keep a sharp eye out at this level and their influence is usually enough.

The only Championship players that would refuse them are those who feel confident enough of making the PL.

Billy Jones? I thought he was over 30. Signed him in champ manager years ago! Was never sure where to play him, Could play anywhere in defense and even midfield. Jack of all trades blah blah blah.

Different Billy Jones? Champ manager that reliable font of all football knowledge.

i've followed his career since he was at crewe, but i don't think he played very well against us for PNE at Derby this year.

Nope, and last season he scored an og in the 5-3 defeat, but ...

... I still think that he would be a very useful addition to the squad.

if we get him along with a couple more versitile players would be very key for us, we have players that like a set position and no one really in the squad that can just be told that they are in any position in defence or in the centre of midfield.

if we get him along with a couple more versitile players would be very key for us, we have players that like a set position and no one really in the squad that can just be told that they are in any position in defence or in the centre of midfield.

versitile, what like can play left back and up front :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Linked with Everton

EVERTON will swoop on already-relegated Championship side Preston to try and land Billy Jones.

The full-back is out of contract this summer and cash-strapped David Moyes reckons he could be a bargain investment.

Jones has shone despite North End enduring a woeful campaign.

The 24-year-old was a regular at England junior levels during his days at Crewe but his career has faltered since a switch to Preston four years ago.

Bristol City and Burnley are also interested in the hard-running star.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3551366/Everton-line-up-bid-for-Prestons-Billy-Jones.html

I really cannot see what Everton would want with him, they're an established premiership team and Jones although might cut it in the championship, I don't know what he'd be like in the premiership never mind top half premiership.

I hope we can sign him though, another good player we're linked with.. exciting times.

I really cannot see what Everton would want with him, they're an established premiership team and Jones although might cut it in the championship, I don't know what he'd be like in the premiership never mind top half premiership.

I hope we can sign him though, another good player we're linked with.. exciting times.

Replacement for Leighton Baines?

Archived