Billy Jones, Preston

uttoxram75

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do believe he can play anywhere along the back line and midfield.

You are quite correct ...

He captained England at almost every age-level upto and including U.21's.

Upset Crewe when he left, as he refused to sign a contract, and left on a Bosman - which meant that Crewe did not get a decent transfer fee for him when he went to Preston.

A very decent replacement for Sav for next season (?)

You are quite correct ...

He captained England at almost every age-level upto and including U.21's.

Upset Crewe when he left, as he refused to sign a contract, and left on a Bosman - which meant that Crewe did not get a decent transfer fee for him when he went to Preston.

A very decent replacement for Sav for next season (?)

Another Commons, good loyal team man:D

preston fans gutted about this one he can play lb, rb & lm very good player

- and CB, but he would be best utilised as a DM - IMO.

The Crewe fans used to sing - "We all follow Team Billy Jones" because he could play in almost any position :-)

Saw him make hus debut against Derby - he came on as a late sub.

i've followed his career since he was at crewe, but i don't think he played very well against us for PNE at Derby this year.

Take it from me he has been our best player by far this season, if you get him you will have one hell of a player on your hands, can shoot head ,hes a good player still young too not afraid of getting stuck in. Plain to see were going down this year due to lack of investment this year and cost cutting etc wish Billy well if he moves on which he will.

Billy Jones is a caracking little player, if he's available on a free I'd be pretty annoyed to see him go to you when he could be added to our squad.

There isn't currently a championship squad in the division that wouldn't be improved by adding Billy Jones to it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F20677351?thread=8113757&show=50

Billy's been our most consistent and best player this season, in a variety of positions in defence and midfield. I'm sure he'll get better offers than those.

It'll be a shame for us that he has to go, but it'd be difficult to criticise him if he did (on the assumption that we go down anyway). Should never have got to this, new contract should have been sorted a long time ago.

At least RB is one position that we actually will have some cover for. Cheers Billy, keep up the good work for the rest of the season and good luck next year, whether you're with us or elsewhere.

Exactly, I think Billy has been our player of the season without a shadow of a doubt. A class above any of our current crop.

Shame "we" didn't realise how long he had left on his contract and left it far too late to renew it.

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?61929-Billy-Jones/page1

From the sounds of it they are gutted, maybe Crewe have produced another player with great potential.

D.Ashton

L.Varney

N.Maynard (great player)

R.Hulse

R.Savage

J.Bailey

J.Brayford (maybe could say him)

B.Jones

S.Johnson (Seth)

D.Vaughan (Blackpool midfielder

D.Murphy (Fulham)

D.Adebola

N.Powell (Great potential, linked with Arsenal)

A.Westwood (Still at Crewe)

M.Tootle (Still at Crewe)

S.Foster (Barnsley)

D.Wright (Crystal Palace)

D.Platt

List could go on ...

Archived