Ben Pringle - Torquay on loan

Hartley Hare

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/sport/BREAKING-NEWS-Gulls-announce-loan-deal-Ben-Pringle/article-3294864-detail/article.html

"TORQUAY United are poised to announce the loan signing of young Derby County midfielder Ben Pringle.

Pringle, 22, a former WBA trainee, has made 23 first-team appearances for the Rams, but the Gulls hope to have him available for tomorrow’s home game against Stevenage.

For full story – see tomorrow’s Herald Express."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dare say there'll be lots more reactions along a similar line...

If Clough wants him to develop then he needs to be playing regular first team games. Dropping down to Torquay should enable him to do that.

He'll be better off staying there. Thats about the level he should be at for his ability. This is not a dig by the way, just an observation.

He changed as a player since coming from Ilkeston that was his downfall, for footballing ability he wasn't even the best player at Ilkeston, he was second best however he managed to cover every blade of grass 4x over and he'd have an impact on every game, but since coming here his footballing ability has improved and his a lot better on the ball but he doesn't move as much, not even half the distance he did at Ilkeston. I think he could be a good player in league one and for torquay I would say good signing.

He changed as a player since coming from Ilkeston that was his downfall, for footballing ability he wasn't even the best player at Ilkeston, he was second best however he managed to cover every blade of grass 4x over and he'd have an impact on every game, but since coming here his footballing ability has improved and his a lot better on the ball but he doesn't move as much, not even half the distance he did at Ilkeston. I think he could be a good player in league one and for torquay I would say good signing.

dose this look another bad buy from clough agaiin

It’s coming to something when I’m worried about us loaning out Pringle!

If only because he, like Green, seems to be a utility player for Clough. He brings him on to do whatever job is required and he gives it 100% of his ability (whether that is good enough or not)

Do we really have enough depth in the squad to let people like Pringle out on loan?!

Hopefully this is with view to a permanent. The most pointless player ever.

How do you work that out then?

Decent lad and I hope he comes back with expierience and is able to take over from Savage just not as bad.

Archived