Theo Robinson - Millwall

Srg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very underwhelmed on this signing. He has only just signed for Millwall and just come back from injury. Highly unlikely we would get him for permanent in the summer .

I beg to differ, him, hayes and ward are 3 players who are playing for a place here next season IMO.

Theo Robinson is very quick, he has always looked promising, always been talked about as in a player with potential but we'll have to wait and see.

definitely adds a lot of pace though.

I beg to differ, him, hayes and ward are 3 players who are playing for a place here next season IMO.

Theo Robinson is very quick, he has always looked promising, always been talked about as in a player with potential but we'll have to wait and see.

definitely adds a lot of pace though.

Millwall signed him on a permanent deal last month for 300k, I really don't think he will be an option next season.

Millwall signed him on a permanent deal last month for 300k, I really don't think he will be an option next season.

I didn't know that, I still think he is here to win a contract. If I was him I would be disillusioned with being brought then sent out on loan. I think we'll obviously have to pay around 300k-400k but if he does well the fans will be behind him, especially if we have him until then end of the season.

Didnt he score against us???

Well I like Nige's scouting methods if they are good enough to score against us they must be bloody good ;)

Not as happy as Ward or Hayes but at last we are getting pace and more attacking options! Porter is finished noe surely???

COYR

Porter was always heading out the door, he has an incurable injury which will one day cripple his way of life, never mind his footballing career.

he'll never play football again after this season.

He signed

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2299175,00.html

Derby County have made their second striker signing inside a week by snapping up forward Theo Robinson from Millwall.

Hot on the heels of Jamie Ward's arrival from Sheffield United last week, Robinson has joined the Rams on an emergency loan which will run until the end of the season and he is in line to make his debut in tonight's npower Championship fixture with Hull City at Pride Park Stadium.

22-year-old Robinson found the net against Derby earlier in the season in the Lions' 2-0 win over Nigel Clough's side at The Den with a well-taken diving header.

Before then he had already made himself a hero with the Millwall support after he scored the winning goal in their local derby with Crystal Palace a few games earlier.

A young and upcoming talent, he is a player Rams boss Nigel Clough has admired for some time and he believes is pace, as well as ability in front of goal, will make him a welcome addition to the Rams camp.

Clough said: "I said after Saturday's game at Ssausagehorpe it was nice to have the option to have two strikers starting the game and two more on the bench, so bringing Theo in enhances our options even further.

"Theo is another forward with raw pace and we've found out to our cost what he is capable of in front of goal this season.

"Like Jamie Ward; he is someone we've monitored for some time because he has scored goals wherever he has been."

Birmingham-born Robinson began his career at Watford as a trainee and had productive loan spells at Wealdstone, Hereford United and Southend United where he gained valuable first-team experience before he teamed up with Huddersfield Town for an undisclosed fee in the summer of 2009.

He scored 16 goals for the Terriers last season in League One, and his impressive displays caught the eye of Millwall, who he joined at the start of this season initially on loan before signing a permanent deal at the start of January, also for an undisclosed fee.

He scored twice in six appearances during his loan spell, with his game time cut short because of a knee injury, and he found the net once more in five outings after signing permanently in mid-January.

Very underwhelmed on this signing. He has only just signed for Millwall and just come back from injury. Highly unlikely we would get him for permanent in the summer .

Apparently (according to RD) he's struggled to settle in London (bit of a culture shock after Huddersfield I should think....)

Archived