'Go back to Burton, you're clueless about football'

vonwright

Well, if he has, he hasn't diverted the attention away in a very positive way! I just wish that something positive could happen with our club, it seems that all Derby fans ever do is suffer!

People always say that, but we didn't exactly suffer when we saw all the flowing football earlier this season.

Not saying we've had tons to cheer about, but that two months spell was great while it lasted.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My annoyence has only got worse after watching the game, what a great cross from cwyka for the goal and to blame that last goal on him is the most moronic thing I have heard from anyone in the game, it's something I expect from the single mum of 10 who sits behind me, but not the manager of the football club!

People always say that, but we didn't exactly suffer when we saw all the flowing football earlier this season.

Not saying we've had tons to cheer about, but that two months spell was great while it lasted.

I know what you mean Alex. I was loving it when we were playing the great football earlier on in the season. But, that's sort of made what we're seeing now even worse. Our expectations were raised and most of us thought that good times were ahead, only for everything to go totally wrong. How I'd love to see us play like we did back then again!

My annoyence has only got worse after watching the game, what a great cross from cwyka for the goal and to blame that last goal on him is the most moronic thing I have heard from anyone in the game, it's something I expect from the single mum of 10 who sits behind me, but not the manager of the football club!

I totally agree with you, this is the point I've been trying to make. Tomasz didn't deserve the "He can go back to Wigan or wherever he came from" line. I'm not very happy about it at all. I just hope that Tomasz can come back positively from this. I'll be so angry if he gets dropped for the rest of the season!

I know what you mean Alex. I was loving it when we were playing the great football earlier on in the season. But, that's sort of made what we're seeing now even worse. Our expectations were raised and most of us thought that good times were ahead, only for everything to go totally wrong. How I'd love to see us play like we did back then again!

Definately, we're certainly capable of it. It's all about getting the players in to play that system or atleast play that style in any system we set out. It's no good us signing players only to change tactics and render certain players redundant.

I am certainly looking forward to when it all clicks again, it all seems to be coming together slowly once more.

Definately, we're certainly capable of it. It's all about getting the players in to play that system or atleast play that style in any system we set out. It's no good us signing players only to change tactics and render certain players redundant.

I am certainly looking forward to when it all clicks again, it all seems to be coming together slowly once more.

A lot of that was played on confidence, players LIKE cwyka were wanting the ball and making runs at the defence.

He has just been slaughtered in the press for losing the ball and had the blame of dropping points placed firmly on his shoulders, I can't see him having the confidence to have another run at the defence for a good long while.

A lot of that was played on confidence, players LIKE cwyka were wanting the ball and making runs at the defence.

He has just been slaughtered in the press for losing the ball and had the blame of dropping points placed firmly on his shoulders, I can't see him having the confidence to have another run at the defence for a good long while.

Agreed. And without Kris Commons here now, we certainly need players like Tomasz Cwyka playing with confidence if we're going to play like we used to and get results.

True, but Clough must have been furious with him.

The 'Go back to Wigan or wherever' comment isn't needed, but put that down to the heat of the moment. Hes just seen his side drop a potentially season changing victory due to a stupid mistake that they've told the entire side not to do.

Yes, his attacking play must be encouraged, but his inability to follow a simple command has lost us a huge win and leaves the entire side without confidence.

Nigel must be tearing his hair out when players do this, imo this slating will leave Cywka in no doubt what do to next time and i'm sure that Nigel will have a word with him on the quiet about it.

Might have been very harsh, but if he never makes that mistake again then it was good management. Very harsh, but good.

Agreed Alex ;) good post.

To add; the...

"Go back to Wigan or wherever"

was followed by;

"until he learns the game"

making his quote not actually mean 'to go back to Wigan' etc

If I employed someone for 10 months and coached them at their job, even if at Tesco stacking shelves, if that worker could still not grasp a simple instruction, then I would be pretty p1ssed.

Heard from a very good source that Cywka, who has an apartment in the Morley Hayes complex was with the owner this morning, who had invited him for breakfast. Cywka said he hadn't heard the interview.

The 'moan in' tonight will circle around this incident all night, which is a complete waste of time. Cywka will still be a Rams player, he has had a ticking off from the gaffer.... move on.

Exactly – whether the ticking off was public or private shouldn’t make a blind bit of difference.

If Cwyka doesn’t react positively to it then that’s his failing not Clough’s

But, if this makes team morale even worse and we continue to lose game after game, then that Clough's failing. Time will tell.

At last... this thread starting to take a positive swing and not an excuse to slate NC for just doing his job.

Why is it just an excuse for people people to slate NC for doing his job. I dont see why it is so bad that people may dare to think Clough isnt doing to well after 1 win out of 13, the team dropping into a relagation battle (in Cloughs Words) after he has been at the helm for two years. I dont like changing the manager and would like to see Clough do well but I dont think he is so maybe someone else would.

Why is it just an excuse for people people to slate NC for doing his job. I dont see why it is so bad that people may dare to think Clough isnt doing to well after 1 win out of 13, the team dropping into a relagation battle (in Cloughs Words) after he has been at the helm for two years. I dont like changing the manager and would like to see Clough do well but I dont think he is so maybe someone else would.

Mate I wouldn't waste your time. There are some Clough lovers on the forum who have stated that they would still want him in charge if we get relegated so that tells you how warped the whole pro/anti Clough thing has become. Anyway, there's no chance of this board getting rid of him. Nigel will only go when they finally go - until then we're stuck with him.

Mate I wouldn't waste your time. There are some Clough lovers on the forum who have stated that they would still want him in charge if we get relegated so that tells you how warped the whole pro/anti Clough thing has become. Anyway, there's no chance of this board getting rid of him. Nigel will only go when they finally go - until then we're stuck with him.

The only people that are warped are people like you, who blindly think we can just get anyone in and it will make things better. It won't.

I'm not pro/anti Clough, I'm pro Derby. And anti having my season ticket money spent on paying Clough out of his contract to get a sub standard manager in for the sake of it. Get a proven Championship level manager that we can afford. If you're so desperate to get him out start fundraising.

The more this goes on the more it becomes clear that the board are the problem. No investment, selling players - is it any wonder we're in this situation?

Why would relegation be so surprising, we have a small squad severly lacking in quality? Do you think because we're a big city with a big ground and a big fan base we have the right to be in this league? Absolutely not. We're a poor Championship team at present. It is what it is. And if more money was spent, we'd have a better squad, and be in a better position.

In fact, I'm going to say it. SACK THE BOARD.

Just because some people think Cloughs hands are tied, doesn't mean that there views and opinions are deluded or warped.

You look, think and make your own mind up.

Who's to say a new board would sack Nigel? Nobody knows, except you it seems.

The argument that one cannot really judge Nige's performance due to the financial constraints that are seemingly placed over him is fair enough, but comparatively to Burley's tenure during which, as far as I'm aware, the spending on players was even less, his performance has been fairly poor.

I would love it if he succeeded, I really would but other than a brief spell a few months back, I've seen nothing to suggest he will.

Archived