'Go back to Burton, you're clueless about football'

vonwright

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope, but i'll probably be banned from the ground after punching the person singing it.

Why, Alex? He's a young manager who has made tactical mistakes. Surely it will toughen him up and make him improve so it does not happen again. And if not is he really the kind of character we want around the club?

If we all chant this next week do you reckon Clough will get better?

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic here?

But the short answer is, of course not!

There was some **** called in after the game blaming Clough - I switched the radio off after listening to the ******** he was spouting so don't know if there were more in the same mould?

I wish fans could just their heads around the fact that we just haven't got the players - and the reason for that, pure and simple, is because the manager has had to sell anyone worth a fee and slash the wage bill by 1/3rd - because GSE has no cash.

There is no manager in the land that could turn this team around until it's strengthend.

If I chant 'Derby Fans are *****' Do you think you'll have a look at yourself.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic here?

But the short answer is, of course not!

There was some **** called in after the game blaming Clough - I switched the radio off after listening to the ******** he was spouting so don't know if there were more in the same mould?

I wish fans could just their heads around the fact that we just haven't got the players - and the reason for that, pure and simple, is because the manager has had to sell anyone worth a fee and slash the wage bill by 1/3rd - because GSE has no cash.

There is no manager in the land that could turn this team around until it's strengthend.

Relates to the other thread.

For the record i support Clough but he's got this one terribly wrong.

Why, Alex? He's a young manager who has made tactical mistakes. Surely it will toughen him up and make him improve so it does not happen again. And if not is he really the kind of character we want around the club?

Totally different circumstances, and wouldn't help in the slightest.

Nigel has proved himself to be a decent manager, Cywka has shown that hes learnt very little since joining.

Nigel has proved himself to be a decent manager, Cywka has shown that hes learnt very little since joining.

He most certainly has not, not in the big leagues Alex.

You do make him out to be much better than he actually is, and I know for sure, if his name where Brown, or Tweedle Dee, or Tweedle Dum it would not be the case, get real pal, they may not ban you from the press box:rolleyes:

He most certainly has not, not in the big leagues Alex.

You do make him out to be much better than he actually is, and I know for sure, if his name where Brown, or Tweedle Dee, or Tweedle Dum it would not be the case, get real pal, they may not ban you from the press box:rolleyes:

Improvement on each season with limited backing and a crippling injury crisis last season and a losing culture at the club thats been hard to shake off.

I'd say hes done a very decent job.

And they could ban me if they liked, what I say on here has no effect on that decision :p

That's your opinion. Others might say Cywka has had done about as well as anyone could expect of someone of his age and experience, in difficult circumstances. Others might even say Clough has made mistakes, and has at times shown his inexperience. I would say he should be supported through this, by the fans and by the board. But people like you - people who believe in Cywka-style 'tough love' - seem to believe in other kinds of motivational techniques.

So here's my question. You might think Cywka has done badly and Clough well. Fair enough. But presumably you accept that's only your opinion. And presumably you accept others see things differently.

So why would you be OFFENDED if someone started chanting 'get back to Burton' at Clough? Maybe they think it will motivate him - and you don't object in principle to that, do you? Why on earth would it make you - in your own words - want to 'punch' them?

Is it because, deep down, you realise it's disloyal, and counterproductive, and not something that should be done in such a way?

Nope.

But a lot of you guys who decided that he was not up to the job from the outset would be very happy.

All you Clough haters please tell me which manager would have done better with NO NET SPEND.

Its not ****** rocket science....

Not really, because I don't think that it can be argued that hes one a bad job here (Clough I mean).

Perhaps that's me not accepting that other people have opinions, probably is. But if I think they're wrong, I don't like people berating players or the manager when I think they've done well.

Maybe that's a character flaw of mine. But I can't help it.

A bit like Cywka's found it hard to shake off his bad habits?

Thank god it's not lasted as long as this 'losing culture'.

And Clough has bollocked players when they've not learnt from their mistakes and has got shot of them.

Stewart, Connolly, players like that.

Hahahahahah that would be quite funny, and sadly we have to have him manage as nobody better.....

Not really, because I don't think that it can be argued that hes one a bad job here (Clough I mean).

Perhaps that's me not accepting that other people have opinions, probably is. But if I think they're wrong, I don't like people berating players or the manager when I think they've done well.

Maybe that's a character flaw of mine. But I can't help it.

Okay, try this one then.

Do you think Derby fans should boo specific players (or all the players) to motivate them?

Alex, If you was to rate managers in this league, from position 1-24, where would you place Clough?

And Clough has bollocked players when they've not learnt from their mistakes and has got shot of them.

Stewart, Connolly, players like that.

No - he got rid of them because THEY AREN'T VERY GOOD.

The point is if a 'losing culture' is to blame, as you say - even now we have a completely revamped squad - then the manager carries the can.

(An aside: I don't believe a 'losing culture' is to blame. I think it is chronic under-investment.)

The way I see it is that how can we know what motivates a player? Each player is different, some need an arm around the shoulder, some need a rollicking and until you have been in the dressing room and dealt with the players, everyday, like clough, then we can't really comment on whether or not the tactic has proven right or wrong, until the next few games.

I will use Commons as an example, as he was the first person clough openly slated, did his form improve? Did he become consistant? Did it work with him? I think it did. And if cywka scores 2 goals next game, and is man off the match will you br saying well done clough?

Archived