Chris Maquire

davenportram

I sometimes wonder how much they want to win a header. With the exception of Green is often looks like the players are putting in a token effort of a jump.

TBH, i used to do it in Sunday League. Would "jump" and unfortunatley get beaten in the air......... i was 6ft 2 though. :D

Remember Kevin Harper? He could bloody jump! like he had springs under his boots!!

I think we under-estimate the importance of being physical. This isn't Spain. I wouldn't like to see us turn into Stoke, but it would be nice to have that tough side to our game.

Not sure what everyone else thinks about Eustace, but i'm hoping we sign him. Just a decent bog standard Championship midfielder really. That's what i like about him. No nonesense. Hope we get him. We need a something to compliment Cywka, Ward, B Davies etc

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 goals in the spl is hardly great, i will reserve judgement but i have heard about his attitude. I will only be happy if we sign a proven championship striker as well. This is a punt but we need to make sure we get some likely prolific signings first for me.

Not convinced with this, if he was free ie no compensation then maybe would be happier. Seems a lot to pay for an unproven youngster with an attitude problem. 7 League goals in 35 appearances in a teribble league? I reckon most of our players would manage that, even the defenders. If he signs I'll support him but not the kind of signing we have been promised or expect.

Love the commentator on the goal clip "Woweeee!"- classic:D

Not sure what everyone else thinks about Eustace, but i'm hoping we sign him. Just a decent bog standard Championship midfielder really. That's what i like about him. No nonesense. Hope we get him. We need a something to compliment Cywka, Ward, B Davies etc

Lee Johnson seemed to make more of a positive impact on our midfield.

God I really hope he proves you all wrong.

Let's sign some 30 year old Premiership striker for £3mil and then you will all love it because you have heard of him, despite the fact it's a fortune for an over the hill player.

SillyBilly

Anyone know if he takes the penos for Aberdeen? Pretty poor goal scoring record, just imagine how many goals a player like Earnshaw would score up north and that is the sort of conversion we need.

srg the evidence suggests that he won't be prolific this season, 12 goals in the spl, that is very poor tbh. Kris boyd scored the most goals in spl history and look how well he has done in the championship, how many goals and assists does commons have already?

i am sorry but where is the evidence for that? that is simply conjecture, 12 goals simply is not that good at all, boyd and other players who have done brilliant in scotland haven't cut the mustard in the championship this season so why should he? weren't we buying proven championship players this season? not bog standard spl players.

i am sorry but where is the evidence for that? that is simply conjecture, 12 goals simply is not that good at all, boyd and other players who have done brilliant in scotland haven't cut the mustard in the championship this season so why should he? weren't we buying proven championship players this season? not bog standard spl players.

Where would Blackpool be if they had taken that attitude regarding Charlie Adam?

The other half is a Rangers fan and I get subjected to a lot of Scottish football. Chris Mcguire is a talent and for £400K wouldn't be a bad deal.

He is also by no mean an out and out CF...... and no he didn't take pens for Aberdeen this year, Paul Hartley did.

Where would Blackpool be if they had taken that attitude regarding Charlie Adam?

The other half is a Rangers fan and I get subjected to a lot of Scottish football. Chris Mcguire is a talent and for £400K wouldn't be a bad deal.

He is also by no mean an out and out CF...... and no he didn't take pens for Aberdeen this year, Paul Hartley did.

I take that back he took 2 pens in 2nd half of season and scored them both.

well then you will know the numerous failures of scottish footballers in our league system, it is a gamble, other "talents" have completely failed. He has scored 12 goals in all in a very poor league.

well then you will know the numerous failures of scottish footballers in our league system, it is a gamble, other "talents" have completely failed. He has scored 12 goals in all in a very poor league.

I'm sure WBA are glad they didn't think that about Graham Dorrans.

All nations have players who fail when they come to this country, dismissing a talented young player because he's Scottish is ridiculous.

Players are not to be judged on where they have come from it is where they are going that is important.

Archived